Monday, November 14, 2011

FCCB Harvest Blessings Crawl - Give Thanks Album

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Accent Essentials, Create A Critter), Artful Delight September Kit(Crate Paper Farmhouse Collection), My Craft Spot("Gingerbread" Crinkled Ribbon, "Thanksgiving" Bakers Twine), My Little Shoebox(Alpha Stickers), Queen & Co Pearls(Pearl), Misc - Thickers.

~*~

For Sentimental Sundays Challenge #81, CLICK HERE

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to The Fantabulous Cricut's SIXTH Fantabulous Cricut Crawl...Fantabulous Cricut's version of a blog hop!

It's Fall and everyone at Fantabulous Cricut has decided to create projects to give thanks for our Harvest Blessings! Each Design Team member will be featuring an original Fall project that includes Brown, Orange and Red – along with at least one Cricut cut.

If you've come from Lisa's Blog then you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Fantabulous Cricut Crawl, start HERE .

Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration! There will be PRIZESalong the way at some of our DT members' blogs, AND there will be a Grand Prize up for grabs at FCCB for one participant that submits a "Harvest Blessings" project at FCCB!

For my HARVEST BLESSINGS project, I created a GIVE THANKS album.


Inspired by the card on the Nov/Dec Cricut Magazine Cover, I created this acorn GIVE THANKS Album as a way to write down all the things my family and I are THANKFUL for and appreciate in our lives. The kids are getting bigger everyday and I want them to start appreciating the things that surround them.

The acorn is from the Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge(pg.32) cut at 6-3/4" using papers from the Artful Delight September Kit.


I created a quick embellishment constiting of "Gingerbread"(BROWN) Crinkled Ribbon and "Thanksgiving"(BROWN & ORANGE) Baker's Twine from My Craft Spot. Three Rolled Flowers made using the swirl(pg.?) from Accent Essentials in ORANGE and RED with two small leaves from the same cartridge.


I used some My Little Shoebox Alpha Stickers and Misc Thickers I had in my stash for my title.


I cut out 4 more acorns from white cardstock and quickly ran them thru my printer. The pages were left without lines so that everyone can add thier own special touch.


Its all held together with a small RED binder ring.


 I hope you've liked my GIVE THANKS album and some inspiration from it.

Now, what is a HARVEST BLESSING without a GIVEAWAY?!

 PICTURE COMING SOON!
















1) You MUST be a FOLLOWER or sign up for EMAIL UPDATES.

Email address needs to be verified.

Do both an get an EXTRA entry.

















2) You MUST participate in the Fantabulous Cricut HARVEST BLESSING.

















3) You MUST leave a comment here with contact information.

















I will leave this GIVEAWAY open 'til Sunday, November 20th 11:59 PM EST. I'll announce the winner on Monday, November  21st.


Now it's your turn! Let's see your Harvest Blessingsprojects! Make sure to include a Cricut cut somewhere on your project and be sure to use the colours Brown, Orange and Red as well!






























Next stop is Melanie from  Melanie Makes. Go see what she has in store for you today... And when you're done, make sure to link up your project to FCCB's Fantabulous Cricut Crawl post to be entered into the contest!













































Happy Crawling!

















































































































44 comments:

  1. Love the Acorn thankful book. Such a great idea. Those flowers you made with Accent Essentials are so cute and love the pearls. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, Marlene! Your embellishments are always so beautiful. I had in mind to create something similar and can't wait to put it together!

    Hugs,
    Saundra (I'm a follower ;)
    Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing project!! I love the shape and the colors!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this album, such a beautiful idea to create a little album to write what you are thankful for or add photos. The cover is decorated beautifully! so Inspiring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great album, Marlene! I love the little embellishments you've added to make it extra-special. It's so important that we teach are children to be thankful for the things we have - and this album will be such a great way for them to record their blessings!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project! I love the idea of a Give Thanks album!! The acorn cut is so adorable and I love the top flower embellishment! Awesome!! :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shut the front door--this turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful album. I like Create a Critter. I'm a new follower. Thanks for giveaway chance.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again another beautiful project, love all your little extra dtails you add to make it a wonderful piece of art. TFS and for the chance to win some goodies!
    jennyplace26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pretty acorn shaped album! What a nice way to record blessings! Pretty flowers!

    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat album, such a fun idea - I love all of your details, especially the flowers on the front, so pretty! I'm a follower, I can't wait to participate!

    Kimberli
    www.kimberliscreations.blogspot.com
    kimbean20 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marlene,

    Your album is gorgeous. You are very talented. I see your eye for details. Thanks for sharing.

    Peggy
    http://dailygracecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great idea, we are all thankful for so many things in our lives this is a great place to write them down. I tried to become a follower but it would let me. janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a wonderful idea-sure to become a family tradition-I love it!!!Hugs Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it all!

    http://marciasmemories.blogspot.com
    mb6464@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty album! I love the shape and the pretty roses!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your album, that is so cute and what a good idea!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the mini.
    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job on the challenge I love the flowers at the top of your acorn.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marlene, This is fabulous! I am a long time follower and am always impressed and inspired by your brilliant projects!

    Cheryl
    blondiee975@gmail.com
    www.pinkandpaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your pumpkin album. I'm already a follower.


    thanks for sharing.

    http://vickie'sscrappings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a follower and I love your book! It amazes me the different shapes that can be used for these. Nice job!

    Terry
    lellinfove@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marlene, This is such a wonderful idea. I love the cute acorn shape and the flowers that decorate it are beautiful!! I am so thrille to be on the FCCB DT with you.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea!! Your kids can keep this forever!! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I forgot to tell you that I have been a follower for a while now.
    Charlotte
    http://alittlebitofdetail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great idea! Love the rosettes =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Great Acorn Album! Love the paper line and how cute are your flowers! Looking forward to participating in the Fantabulous Crick Harvest Blessing!

    I’m a follower of your blog
    I’m a follower of your email for the updates.
    jeria22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. BEAUTIFUL MINI!!! This is just awesome, the colors, design and flowers are so FUN! Great project!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a great mini book Marlene, and I love the acorn shape. The embellishments you added to the top are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice Thanks album. Good job. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a beautiful book, I love the idea of family listing things they are thankful for. - Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous project, as always!! I love CAC and I didn't know that cut was there. Love your mini and I am loving the flowers!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great project! I love its modern and clean design! And the embellishment is simply amazing. Love your work.

    Your fellow DT gal,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  34. Had alot of trouble with your blog. Your project is great.
    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. The area to subscribe was not showing up no matter how much I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is sucha cute idea marlene! It owuld be a neat tradition to start and then look back on it later!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    http://michelles-crafty-creations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the idea of a Thanksgiving Album. I may need to do this. Love yours. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome album! Love the use of the acorn.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is awesome!!! It's a great idea and it is beautiful! Love the embellies on the front!
    (I am a follower)

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. It's just gorgeous! Beautiful idea!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. beautiful album... very talented!!
    thanks for sharing
    leokc34 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.