Monday, December 5, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #89 - Hot Chocolate Mitten

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Simply Charmed, Winter Frolic, Elegant Edges), Echo Park(Season's Greetings(patterned), Winter Park(solid)), The Paper Company(glitter cardstock, white cardstock), Bazzill Cardstock(French Vanilla), My Craft Spot("Olive" Seam Binding, "Sky Blue" Twine, "White Christmas" Stamp Set), Pink Paislee(Pixie Dust Glitter), Fiskars Punch(Apron Lace), Misc(Glassine Bags, Button, Pine Spray, Spoon). Finished Size: 5"W x 5.75"H 

~*~

For My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #36, CLICK HERE.

For Whimsie Doodles December Release, CLICK HERE.

~*~

Hello Everyone!

 Can you believe we have about 20 DAYS left before Christmas?! Who speeded up the clock?! Its time to start thinking about Christmas Gifts and Fantabulous Cricut's Challenge Me Monday #89 is here with some help. This week challenge is all about PRESENT TIME! Simply create a gift, gift packaing, or use a gift cut on your creations.

With my Friends, Co-Workers, Teachers, etc list growing each year, I look for simple and easy gift ideas that are budget-friendly and can be created quickly. Some time ago, I came across this idea by Betsy Veldman from Paper, Scissors, SuperHeros and knew I had to CASE her project with a CRICUT MAKEOVER.


 The HOT CHOCOLATE MITTEN was quickly and easily created for under $5(depending on supplies on hand).

The mitten was cut from the Cricut Simply Charmed cartridge at 5"W x 5.75"H (resized with Cricut Craft Room) twice. 


I'd love to say that my Cricut Expression cut the felt with no issues, but that was not that case. I added Heat n' Bond as suggested in several blogs & videos, but my Cricut just didn't want to cut it. So instead I used my Cricut Markers to create an outline and cut by hand. The mittens were then sewn together to create a pocket.


 Inside,  I PACKAGED some Hot Cocoa Mix and a Chocolate-dipped spoon.


I purchased some small glassine bags(2.75" x 4.25") from Sweet Ideas by Janet on Etsy and filled one with some store brought Hot Cocoa Mix, but you could always use Homemade. I folded the top and used some removable Glue Dots to seal the bag. I tied some "Sky Blue" Baker's Twine - available at My Craft Spot - around the bag and added a Tag(pg. 30) cut from the Cricut Winter Frolic Cartridge.


 The tag was stamped with the "Winter Wishes" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "White Christmas" Stamp Set. As a final touch, I added a Pine Branch spray and a button-centered Snowflake(pg.28) from the Winter Frolic Cartridge.


I also added a simple plastic spoon dipped in melted chocolate and then PACKAGED in cellophane bag and topped with another button-centered Cricut Winter Frolic Snowflake(pg.28).


The label - shadow & base - was cut from the Cricut Elegant Edges Cartridge(pg.63) at 3" and layered with a 2.75" oval from the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook. The "Hot Chocolate" sentiment is from the "White Christmas" Stamp Set from My Craft Spot.


I added one last Winter Frolic Snowflake cut at 1.5" REAL DIAL SIZE.


To finish everything off, I sprinkled the Hot Chocolate GIFT PACKAGING with some Pink Paislee Pixie Dust Glitter. And, YES, the glue was still wet when I took the picture, but now it looks GREAT!


I hope are all still with me and have enjoyed this CASED Hot Chocolate Mitten. NOW, its YOUR turn! Create a GIFT, GIFT PACKAGING, or use a GIFT cut on your creations and link it up to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog by Sunday, December 11th 11:59 PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize.

~*~

Just a quick note to let you all know that my Hot Chocolate GIFT PACKAGING also qualifies in this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge # 35. {insert wink here}  For more details, CLICK HERE.



15 comments :

Sherrie K. said...

Marlene, this is FANTASTIC!! Wow, how creastive and you didn't leave a thing out. It is PERFECT!!! I love this adorable mitten filled with yummy hot chocolate:) Your snowflakes, pretty glssine bag and yummy spoon are just adorable. You rocked this amazing project-thanks for so much inspiration!!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Diane Hodrick said...

This is stunning...love absolutely everything about it!

tumpkin1 said...

Hi Marlene -

I absolutely love your mitten. It is so elegant and vintage-y!!! Cute, cute!!

Thanks for sharing!

Terry

Cassie said...

Marlene! This is gorgeous! What a fabulous project!! =)

Peggy T. said...

Marlene, I love this gift idea. It is so pretty. Anyone would love to have one. I know I would.

Jayne said...

Gorgeous project Marlene,beautiful details.
Jayne x

Candice said...

Fantastic! It's so sweet & would be a great gift for anyone! TFS:)

Creative Cutter Room said...

Marlene-This is a winner!!! You did a wonderful job-the colors are perfect.Thanks for the inspiration--I definitely need to try this. Thanks, Cathie
www.creativecutter.org

Lisa said...

This is so awesome and creative, Marlene!! The details you put into this are fabulous!! What a great project - I love it :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I love this and love your idea of using markers to make shape. I have never had luck with felt either so will try this. Love the colors and all the textures. So very cute!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Marlene so love this. The colors and textures are awesome! I love your idea of using pens to mark outline on felt. I have never had luck with cutting felt either. Thanks for the tip. Beautiful job on the challenge.

Julie E said...

Love this!!! What a great idea to use the marker with the cricut! Add this to the list of things I want to make ;>)

Glenda said...

So pretty and creative! Love all your gorgeous details!
Glenda

Kate said...

What a fabulous gift idea, Marlene! I've never tried cutting felt with my Cricut. Good for you! The inking looks super as well!

Jennie Garcia said...

That is awesome!! So beautiful and so many details!! Gorgeous as always!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.