Monday, December 19, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #91 - Poinsettia Holiday Tags

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Plantin Schoolbook, Accent Essentials), Core'dinations Cardstock(Vintage Collection - brown, red, green), Bazzill Basics(French Vanilla Cardstock), Echo Park(Season's Greeting Collection), My Craft Spot("Milk Chocolate" Crinkle Ribbon, "Chocolate" Baker's Twine, "Merry Christmas" Stamp Set), Queen & Co Pearls(Sunflower), Marvy Corner Rounder, Cuttlebug Machine, Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" Embossing Folder.
Finished Size: 2.5" x 3.875".

~*~

For My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge # 38, click HERE.

~*~

Hello Everyone!


We are only days away from Christmas and FCCB wants to make sure that your gifts are ready to put under the Christmas Tree.

This week's challenge is all about TRIMMING WITH A TAG! Simply create a NEW - no backlinking pleaseHOLIDAY TAG. Your tag could be for a gift, on a card, as part of a layout, etc.

Before I get to my HOLIDAY TAGS, I want to tell you about this week's FABULOUS sponsor. Fantabulous Cricut is THRILLED to be sponsored by Core'dinations Cardstock.


Core’dinations is not your average cardstock. Every sheet of acid free, 80 lb. cardstock has a color core which "core'dinates" with the surface color... no white core! You can choose to keep the core color hidden or add your own creative touch by sanding, tearing, embossing and more!

 Core'dinations was so GENEROUS and provided some of the Fantabulous Cricut Design Team Memebers with their Vintage Cardstock Collection and Black Magic Cardstock Collection. To see the what the DT has come up with, please go to FCCB.

I was one of the lucky Design Team Members who got the priviledge to work with the Core'dinations Cardstock Collections provided by Core'dinations.

~*~  PUBLISHED in the Cricut Cards August 2012  ~*~

I used the Vintage Cardstock Collection to cut out the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook "Tag1" at 3-3/4".

I based the tags on this week's Card Pattern Sketch #146.


The circle embellishment was replaced for a Poinsettia Flower made from the Cricut Accent Essential "Accnt26s" cut at 1-1/4", 1-1/2", and 1-3/4" from the Core'dination Vintage Collection. I lightly sanded the edges of the Poinsettia Flower and sprayed it with some "Pearl" Glimmer Mist to give it a soft and shiny look.


I also sanded the edges of the TAG. Underneath the Poinsettia Flower, I used a small piece of Core'dination's Vintage Cardstock that was embossed with the "Swiss Dots" Folder and then sanded to reveal the inner core.


To hide the union of both pieces of paper, I used some of My Craft Spot's "Milk Chocolate" Crinkle Ribbon. The "Merry Christmas" Sentiment is from the My Craft Spot "Merry Christmas" Stamp Set.


I hope I have inspired you to create your own HOLIDAY TAGS. You can use them as Gift Tags, on a card, layout, etc, its completely up to you.

Ok, NOW its your turn! Create a HOLIDAY TAG project and link it up to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog by Sunday, Janu ary 1st 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's Core'dination Cardstock prize.

~*~

This project will also be entered into the following challenges:



0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.