Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cards for Kids Valentine's Day Blog Hop - Loads of Love

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Cartridges(B is for Boy, Create A Critter), Bazzill Cardstock(Berrylicious, Berry Blush, Blackbird, Chablis, Jetstream), We R Memory Keepers(Love Struck - dots), My Craft Spot("Devine Valentine" Baker's Twine, "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set), American Crafts(Buttons), Sakura Pen. Finished Size: 4.75"W x 4.25"H

~*~
For the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #42, CLICK HERE.
~*~

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Cards for Kids Valentines Day Blog!


If you've come from LISA'S BLOG, then you're heading in the right direction. If you just happened to come across my blog and would like to play along with our Cards for Kids Valentine's Day Blog Hop, start HERE at Faith Abigail's Blog.

Valentine's Day is the perfect time to show someone how much you love them. So this year, let's send a little love to those that need it most!

Each Blog Hop Member will be featuring an original "Cards for Kids" Valentine's Day card for a sick child and we're asking you to do the same! Simply, create a Valentine's Day card, link it to Faith Abigail's Blog entry (link-up will remain open until February 7th at 12:00am) and mail it to:

ADDRESSED REMOVED

On February 10th, all of the card's will be collected and donated to a local children's hospital. Please include a small message inside your card. Envelopes are not necessary.

Now, what would a blog hop be without prizes!

We have some amazing prizes donated by some very talented and generous women and lots of ways to win!

Krystal Andrew at Getting Cricky has donated one of beautiful Valentine Stamps sets!

Nicole at The Twinery has donated The Ultimate Color Sampler Pack featuring fourteen gorgeous colors of twine!

Monique at Monkey Doodle Cricut has generously donated FIVE of her fantastic Cricut Kits: The Simple Life, Toy Story, The Stampede, Mom and Me, and Catch a Wave.

For your chance to win:

1. Be a follower of Faith Abigail Designs (one entry)

2. Like Faith Abigail Designs on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/faithabigaildesigns (one entry)

3. Leave a comment on THIS BLOG post (one entry)

4. Leave a comment on each of the designers blog post (one entry each)

5. Post about this blog hop on your blog, website or facebook and link back to THIS POST (one entry each)

6. Create a Valentine's Day card, link it to THIS ENTRY and mail it to the provided address. Please create and link as many projects as you'd like! (TWO entries for each card submitted!)

~*~

And now for my Card for Kids Valentine's Day Card.


 I created a Dump Truck Shaped Card filled with LOADS OF LOVE. I wanted to give it a Valentine Feel, so I went with some blue, reds, and pinks instead of the traditional Yellow/Black Dump Truck colors.


 The Dump Truck is from the B is for Boy Lite Cartridge. I used the Cricut Craft Room to weld two Dump Trucks together to form the card base. I then welded two different sized hearts from the Create A Critter Cartridge(pg.64) to the Dump Truck Shift layer. The small hearts were sized to .708"W x .653"H and the larger ones to .75"W x .681"H. 


I then stamped random hearts with the Conversation Hearts - thats what they remind me of - from the My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set.


 To give the hearts a layered-stacked dimension look, I welded a few more of the smaller hearts to another Dump Truck Shift Layer. Overall, the card has a few layers, but not too many as its for a child.


For the tire centers I used some buttons twined with "Devine Valentine" Baker's Twine from My Craft Spot.


The inside of the card is stamped with a "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set.


I hope you have been inspired by my "Cards for Kids" Valentine's Day Card and are able to create your own "Cards for Kids" Valentine's Day Card.

You're next stop is MELISSA'S BLOG. If you should happen to get lost along the way, you can find the Blog Hop list over at the FAITH ABIGAIL'S BLOG. 

Thanks for joining us!


~*~

Loads of Love Shaped Card CUT File
REQUIRED ITEMS
*Cricut B is for Boys Cartridge
*Cricut Create A Critter
Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a
.zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.


41 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is super cute!! Great idea!!
Kristan

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Very Pretty card Marlene.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the dump truck and it load of hearts!! And the twine bows on the wheels are fabulous!! What an awesome card!! I am so happy to be hopping with you today :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Larelyn said...

Wow Marlene,
Your dumptruck shaped card is just fabulous!! The layers are amazing and I love the wheels with their buttons and twine. What a smile this will bring to some child's face. Fantastic!
Hugs,
Larelyn

jessica said...

WOW!!! This is so stinkin adorable!!!! Love the color combo and love the stamped hearts! TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Beckie said...

AWESOME. Love it. And so nice of you to offer your file. Sweet.

Be blessed, Beckie

Faith Abigail Designs said...

This is too cute, Marlene!! The shape, the polka dots, the twine? I love absolutely everything about it! Thanks so much for all your hard work! This will definitely put a smile on some child's face.

Gwen said...

This is adorable! Would love the cut file. Thanks for sharing.

Jingle said...

Your card is amazing! Totally fun!

Jessica said...

OH WOW, OH WOW! I'd say great minds think alike (we used the same cut!), but I like your mind (and project) better than mine! :) Love the shaped card and buttons. So cool to do this hop with you!

Jessica

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the dump truck. I made one too. LOL Love all your details. Happy to be in the hop with you.

jkstiles77 said...

This card is just too cute! Love all your details!

Creative Cutter Room said...

This is a great shaped card...so creative! So glad to be hopping with you today...I am inspired by your work. TFS Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

sleigh said...

Gotta luv a dump truck filled with lots of 'LOVE'!!! This is so cute it makes me smile. TFS your great card with us today :)

Jayne said...

Fabulous dump truck.Love the shape and colours.
Jayne x

Marcia said...

Love the truck!


mb6464@hotmail.com
marciasmemories.blogspot.com

Michele said...

This is absolutely adorable!I love the truck filled with hearts and all of those layers are devine! : )

Chriss America Real said...

WOW! You are really talented Girl! I love your cute truck and I love your truffle box too! Fantastic!

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
america57@comcast.net

cricutalltime said...

super cute card.love the shape and colors.love those buttons.congrats on the cricut chirp.im a new follower.tfs

Jessica said...

Love all the dimension on your card. Great idea to add twine to the wheels! Adorable card!
:O)
Jessica

Charlotte said...

Love Love Love this cute dump truck. It will be loads of fun for a little child to receive such a big load of love!!
Charlotte

KarenC Inspired said...

What a fun card! It's going to be fun to watch the face of the one that gets it.
Thanks for playing in the blog hop.

Pat N. said...

Wow, what an amazing card--so much fun for a young boy! Won't they be thrilled. Great job!--Pat N.

Scrappin Dhilly said...

What an adorable card, I just love the little dump truck! This blog hop is awesome, what a great cause! Also, congrats on making the Chirp, it was well deserved, your project is amazing!

http://scrappindhilly.blogspot.com
scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

Scrappin Dhilly said...

What an adorable card, I just love the little dump truck! This blog hop is awesome, what a great cause! Also, congrats on making the Chirp, it was well deserved, your project is amazing!

http://scrappindhilly.blogspot.com
scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

Aman said...

Love the dump truck filled with hearts! It is adorable!

amanbains1 at gmail dot com

ShersL84bed said...

Very cute card, love the twine in the tires perfect idea.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Lara said...

Wow- love your work! I am a follower and I just love the dump trucks! So sweet. lclass003atgmaildotcom

Luvd56 said...

I would love the file for the dump truck file. I did make a donation through paypal. My e-mail address is luvd56@aol.com. Thank you, Kathy

mitz said...

.. great idea.. so colorful.. luv the buttons for wheels..
mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

marg0006 said...

I like that you used buttons on the wheels. You used great colors.
marg0006@verizon.net
Loving Scrapper 101

4kids4 said...

Love, love, love this card!! Can't resist a cute shaped card! TFS!

~Sharon C.

Nitasha said...

I adore your card! It is just way too cute!!!

Barbara said...

Love your card. I pinned it. Would love your file. bsieving@gmail.com

Kate said...

What a great idea! The truck of hearts is fabulous. I'm SO wishing I'd seen this post earlier as I'd been mucking about trying to get the right dimensions for a heart for those same stamps!! Yours look terrific!
(Sorry I'm so late in commenting. It was a crazy week!)
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

aball said...

Love this card and all your work! You are so talented. I would love the .cut file to try. aball@etex.net

Amy Schario said...

This card is Very Very Cute!!! I always have a hard time with male/boy cards whether they are for birthdays or holiday. This has given me inspiration. I really like the stamps you used too.

Bex said...

Super cute card.
I love the "Build a Valentine" set.
I saw your link on My Craft Spot, did you make the dinosaur card too? I was trying to find that. It is soooooooooooooo stinkin' cute!
Congrats on being featured in the Cricut Chirp:0)

bex
http://kawaiikrafts.blogspot.com/

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

Omg, so super super cute! Awesome work!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

SouthernMrs said...

Love that cute dump truck. TFS!
SouthernMrs
at verizon dot net

Altax said...

Lovely card!!! I really like all your crafts.

Valentines day activities

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.