Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Craft Spot Inspiration - You're Dino-mite!

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression Machine, Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Cartridge(Create A Critter, Plantin SchoolBook), Bazzill Cardstock(Berrylicious), The Paper Company Cardstock(white), We R Memory Keepers(Love Struck 6x6 Paper Pad), My Craft Spot("Build A Valentine" Stamp Set, "Scarlet Red" Crinkled Ribbon, "Divine Valentine" Baker's Twine), Peachy Keen Stamps(Med. Critter Faces), Stickles("Baby Blue", "Cotton Candy"), Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, Misc - button. Finished Size: 5.75"W x 6.25"H.

~*~
For the "Cards for Kids" Valentine's Day Blog Hop, CLICK HERE.

For the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #96, CLICK HERE.

For the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge, CLICK HERE.
~*~

Hi Everyone,

Thank You for joining me on my My Craft Spot VALENTINE INSPIRATION Day!

For my first project, I used the BRAND NEW "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set. I just LOVE how you can use all these separate phrases to create the PERFECT sentiment for your creations.


I used the "You're" and "Dino-mite!" phrases to create this "YOU'RE DINO-MITE!" Shaped Card.


The adorable dinosaur is from the Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge sized at 6.25". I used the Shadow Feature and welded two of them together to create the Card Base.


I used the Cricut Craft Room to hide the original spots and replaced them with some smaller hearts from the same Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge.


I also hid the "eye" the cut includes and used my Peachy Keen Med. Critter Faces to give the dinosaur an adorable LOVE expression. I did mix n' match them to get the look I wanted.


In order to have the dinosaur hold a small Valentine Heart Note, I had to use my Kraft Knife to finish cutting his other arm. The Heart is from the Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge and I stamped another GREAT phrase from the My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set.


I used papers from the We R Memory Keepers Love Struck 6x6 Paper Pad. I added some Stickles around the edges of the Spikes and Belly.


And to finsh getting my Dinosaur ready for Valentine's, I tied some "Scarlet Red" Crinkled Ribbon from My Craft Spot around his neck. I cut a 1.5" Tag1 from the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge and stamped it with the two phrases from the My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set. I added a small button twined with some "Divine Valentine" Baker's Twine available at My Craft Spot.


The inside of the card was also stamped with another phrase from the "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set.


You all know how I like my dimension. This card has a total of 3 Layers, each separate by some of my Home-made Dimensionals.


I hope you have enjoyed my FIRST project for the My Craft Spot VALENTINE INSPIRATION. Please scroll down for more projects.

BUT WAIT!

How would you like to win one of the NEW "Build A Valentine" and "Always & Forever" Stamp Set?

Kimberly from My Craft Spot has very generously donated the Stamp Set of YOUR choice to one lucky randomly select winner. All you have to do is:

1. Leave a comment on THIS post.

2. Your FAVORITE Stamp Set.
be sure to tell me what your favorite My Craft Spot Stamp Set is just in case you win! You can view all of the Stamp Sets directly by clicking HERE.

3. Become a FOLLOWER or EMAIL SUBSCRIBER to my blog.

I'll leave this open until Friday, February 3rd 11:59PM EST. I'll announce the winner on Tuesday, February 7th. So be sure to check back!


9 comments :

Heidi said...

How CUTE is your card! I love it and may have to lift your idea for my son....even though I already made his...yours is so much cuter! Love it! My favorite stamps set (I only have one...just getting started...) is the Sweet Sentiments 1. I need the basics first! LOL. I'm already a follower. Thanks for the chance to win a GREAT prize. :-)

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Very Pretty. You were a busy bee. I love all of your creations. My Fav stamp from the new sets would be the "Always and Forever" Aww I like them all. I am already a follower of your blog. Thanks for the chance to win.

Saundra said...

Aww! Your dinosaur is so cute! I love the paper and the spots! Adorable! ~Hugs, Saundra :)

Diana said...

Your card is just too cute!! I am a new follower! It's a toss up etween Always & Forever and Winter Wonderland! Thanks for a chance to win!

bdcampers@msn.com

Vickie said...

I absolutely love love this card, so neat.

http://vickiesscrappings.blogspot.com

antenucci said...

Love the dino card especially with the hearts cut in it! Welcome to Paper Issues.

AmyJRockstar said...

Marlene,

This card is so adorable!!! I just love the colors you chose for the dinosaur. Super duper sweet! :0)

XO ~ Amy Jo
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

Nina said...

The dino is super cute!!! Love it!

Rylbluroses said...

Omg!! I just found your card on pinterest and it is too cute!! I would love to scraplift it with your permission, of course. I was wondering if you could possibly send the ccr file or gypsy file for this card to me? pretty please? My email is scrap4acause@sbcglobal.net T.I.A.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.