Monday, January 9, 2012

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #40 - Chocolate Truffle Box

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Cartridges(Accent Essentials, Flower Shoppe, Life's A Party, Mini Monogram, Plantin Schoolbook, Simply Charmed, Sweet Tooth), Bazzill Cardstock(Bitter Chocolate, Carob, London Fog, Piglet), Core'dinations Cardstock(Vintage Collection), Basic Grey(Bittersweet Collection), My Craft Spot("Vintage Vanilla" Crinkled Ribbon, "Strawberry Cupcake" Baker's Twine, Inside & Out #2 Stamp Set), 1-1/2 Styrofoam Balls, Glass Head Pins, Valentine Mini Cupcake Liners, Grafix Clear Plasitc. Finished Box Size: 3.5"W x 3.5"W x 1.5"H

~*~
Please NOTE: LONG & Picture HEAVY post!

~*~

Hi Everyone!

Can you believe we are already in the second week of January?! This week at My Craft Spot we have a super YUMMY challenge that might just have you breaking one of your New Year's Resolutions!

My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #40 is all about DELICIOUS items! Simply create a project with a DELICIOUS treat - made from paper of course.

~*~ PUBLISHED in the Cricut Magazine February 2013  ~*~

When I read this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge was going to be about DELICIOUS items, I immediately remembered a Faux Chocolate Box I had seen on the cover of a Felt Magazine while browsing AC Moore once. I wasn't able to find the magazine again - I think it was an issue from two years ago - so I created this Truffle Box from what I could remember.

I started out by creating the 3 different Round Truffles. Using the Cricut Craft Room, I filled the mat with sixty(60) 3" Tree1 flowers from the Simply Charmed Cartridge. If you don't have the Simply Charmed Cartridge any small flower measuring about 0.50" x 0.50" would work just fine. Each Truffle requires about 50 to 60 flowers.

(Bazzill London Fog Cardstock used for Dark Chocolate Truffle)

I covered about 80% of a 1-1/2" Stryofoam Ball - I got mine at AC Moore, but also found them at the Dollar Store recently - with some Bazzill Piglet Cardstock for a "Strawberry Truffle". There's no real pattern for covering the stryofoam ball just overlap a few flowers as you go along, holding each flower down with a head pin. Once the Truffle was complete I applied some Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive to the bottom of a Valentine Mini Cupcake Liner and placed the Truffle inside. Let the adhesive dry overnight or at least a few hours. Placing the "Truffle" inside a Mini Cupcake Pan will also help keep everything in place.

 
For a Milk Chocolate Truffle I used a light brown cardstock from the Core'dinations Vintage Collection.
 
Next,  I did the Square Truffles. These little truffles are actually a favor box(pg.66) from the Life's A Party Cartridge. I cut them out at 3" and used Cricut Craft Room to hide the window.


One of the Square Truffles - Milk Chocolate - was tied with some "Strawberry Cupcake" Baker's Twine from My Craft Spot. The other two - Dark Chocolate & Raspberry Swirl - were topped with a 2" Scallop1 Flower from the Flower Shoppe Cartridge - THANKS KIMBERLY!! The little leaves are from the Accent Essentials Cartridge cut .625" with the Cricut Craft Room.

 
Since this challenge is all about DELICIOUS items, I included a little Hershey Kiss inside each Square Truffle. But I could also see soo many other options for a "filling": small earrings, ring, pendant, etc.

 
The Truffle Box was made from the SquareBox and Circle Window Lid from the Sweet Tooth Cartridge.


I sized the box at 6-1/4" and added a 1.5" x 3.5" rectangle to each side to make the total height of the box taller so the Round Truffles would fit nicely. The dividers were made by hand from a folded a piece of cardstock with an angle slit.


I added some ruffled "Vintage Vanilla" Crinkled Ribbon from My Craft Spot all around the lid.

 
For the top of the lid I created a scalloped circle from the Mini Monogram Cartridge to go around the existing Window Opening. I created a double-loop bow from My Craft Spot's "Vintage Vanilla" Crinkled Ribbon and added some "Strawberry Cupcake" Baker's Twine - also available at My Craft Spot. I then created a small cluster of three flowers from the Flower Shoppe Scallop1 Flower cut at 2". Finished it all off with a small tag stamped with the "Love You"! Sentiment from My Craft Spot's "Inside & Out #2" Stamp Set.


I hope you are all still with me and have enjoyed my DELICIOUS Truffle Box, even if it is made out of paper.
 
 
NOW, its YOUR turn! Create a DELICIOUS creation and link it up to the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #40 by Monday, January 16th 11:59 PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize.

 

8 comments :

Cassie Box said...

These are gorgeous!! I need to make some small cupcakes to use when I stage my cupcake toppers. I keep buying cupcakes and then I have to eat them. I don't want to buy bigger pants. =) These are amazing!!!!!

Sarah said...

Excuse me while I take a moment to pick my jaw up off the floor... love...

Kate said...

This really is spectacular, Marlene! What an amazing project! It must have taken ages but is so worth all the time and effort you put into it. I am SO impressed!!

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

O WOW! I came for valentine's blog hop and saw this box, It's BEAUTIFUL. You have a lovely blog :)

Gwen said...

Marlene, you are totally amazing! This box of candies is so beautiful. I would love to get the cut file for it. Thank you for sharing.
gwenlords@gmail.com

4kids4 said...

Wow...this is just wonderful! What a beautiful gift! TFS!

~Sharon C.

Gretchen Wilson said...

This project is awesome. Don't know is I have the time to reproduce it. Glad to have found your site.

Tracy said...

I just saw this on the Xyron FB page, how gorgeous! If I start now maybe I could make something have as nice for next Valentines Day. lol

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.