Monday, January 23, 2012

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #42 - Out of this World

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression Machine, Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Cartridges(B is for Boys), Bazzill Cardstock(Red Devil, Vibrant Blue), Imaginisce(Let's Pretend Collection), We R Memory Keepers(Love Struck Collection - polka dots), My Craft Spot("Build A Valentine" Stamp Set, "Blue Berry Blue" Baker's Twine), American Craft(Button), ZIG Pen(Black), Sakura Gelly Roll Pen. Finished Size: 3.5"W x 6.5"H.

~*~

Hi Everyone,


This week's challenge is all about THE BOYS! Simply create a project a BOY THEMED project(robots, trains, trucks, sports, etc).


I have to confess this challenge was a hard one for me, which is SHOCKING as I'm a mom to TWO BOYS!! I struggled with ideas and finally settled for a Rocket Ship Shaped Card.


The Rocket Ship is from the Cricut B is for Boys Lite Cartridge. I used the Cricut Craft Room to weld together two Rockets at 6.5" to form a Card Base. I then added each layer cut mostly from an older Imaginisce Colletion called Let's Pretend, separating each with my dimensionals.


I replaced the strips included in the cut with an ovalish - rectangle and stamped it with the BRAND NEW My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set. I just LOVE this Stamp Set as you can mix n' match the phrases to create your PERFECT sentiment!


To finish my Rocket Ship, I added a button twined with some "Blue Berry Blue" Baker's Twine, available at My Craft Spot.

NOW, its YOUR turn! Create a BOY THEMED creation and link it up to the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #42 by Monday, January 30th 11:59 PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.