Monday, January 30, 2012

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge Anything Goes - Hugs in a Can

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression Machine, Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Cartridges(Cricut Craft Room Exculsive, Create A Critter, Winter Frolic), Bazzill Cardstock(Ash, Chablis), The Paper Company(Whipped Cream), My Mind's Eye(Love Me Collection), My Craft Spot("Always & Forever" Stamp Set, "Raspberry Truffle" Crinkled Ribbon, "Divine Valentine" Baker's Twine), American Crafts(Button), Misc - Hershey HUGS chocolates.

~*~
For the "Cards for Kids" Valentine's Day Blog Hop, CLICK HERE.

For the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #96, CLICK HERE.
~*~

Hi Everybody,

Welcome to another My Craft Spot Challenge!

Today's challenge is an ANYTHING GOES Challenge! Simply show us ANY of your recent creations!

Since I've been in a Valentine Mood, I opted to go with a Valentine Themed creation for my ANYTHING GOES project.


When I saw this LOVELY, HEART-WARMING sentiment from the BRAND NEW "Always & Forever" Stamp Set, I knew I had to use it but didn't know how. One day while browsing the Valentine aisle at Walmart, I came across a bag of Raspberry Hershey HUGS and the LIGHTBULB went off!!! Not only are RASPBERRY Chocolates my FAVORITE, but I could also play on the word "Hug" from the sentiment.


I took a small paint can bucket I had purchased at AC Moore over the summer and dressed it up. I wrapped around some of the My Mind's Eye Love Me Collection paper. The scalloped border was created from the Cricut Winter Frolic Cartridge(pg.44).


The label was created using the NEW, FREE FOR ALL Cricut Craft Room Basics Exculsive Digital Cartridge at 1-1/8". The word "HUGS" was also cut from the Cricut Craft Room Basics and was resized to 1.583"W x .472"H in order to fit the label.


The small plaid Heart is also from the Cricut Craft Room Basics and the two larger Hearts are from Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge(pg.64). I don't have the exact sizes for them as these were cut for another project, but never used.


I made a Paper Rosette by scoring all the lines with my Cricut using a CUT File I created just for that. The tag was made from the Cricut Create A Critter Flag(pg.28), using the Cricut Craft Room I was able to hid the smiley face and adjust the size. I then used the BRAND NEW "Always & Forever" Stamp Set for the sentiment. Attached a button with "Divine Valentine" Baker's Twine - available at My Craft Spot - on top.


To finish off the can, I thought it was only appropriate to use "Raspberry Truffle" Crinkled Ribbon from My Craft Spot and tie a double-loop bow to the handle.


I then filled the HUGS IN A CAN with some Hershey Raspberry Hugs. These chocolates are Hershy Kisses HUGGED by Raspberry White Creme. Get it?

 
Here is a quick look at the Hugs in a Can from the top.


NOW, its YOUR turn! Link up your ANYTHING GOES creations to the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge by Monday, February 6th 11:59 PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! I just love everything you make!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.