Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Craft Spot Valentine Inspiration - My Heart Belongs to You.

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Cartridges(Create A Critter), Bazzill Cardstock(Berry Blush, Coal), My Mind's Eye(Love Me Collection), My Craft Spot("Always & Forever" Stamp Set, "Cream" Seam Binding, "Divine Valentine" Baker's Twine), Queen & Co Pearls(Pearl), Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser, Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, Misc - Sewing Machine, Thread, Button.  Finished Size: 5.5"W x 4.25"H.

~*~
For the "Cards for Kids" Valentine's Day Blog Hop, CLICK HERE.
For the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #96, CLICK HERE.
For the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge, CLICK HERE.
~*~

Hi Everyone,

Thank You for joining me on my My Craft Spot VALENTINE INSPIRATION Day!

For my SECOND project, I used the BRAND NEW "Always & Forever" Stamp Set. These stamps have a LOVELY Romantic feel to them, PERFECT for any LOVE, VALENTINE or ANNIVERSARY card.


I fell in LOVE with the "My {Heart} belongs to you." and knew I had to use it.


I based the card on the Mojo Monday #224 Sketch.


I replaced the scallop circle on the sketch for a Heart cut from the Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge. I can't remember what size it was cut out at, but it measures roughly 2.5"W x 2"H.


I used the Flag(pg.28) from the Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge to make my banner. I simply hid the smily face on the Flag and welded a small rectangle to it until it reached the size I wanted. I then used the My Craft Spot "Always & Forever" Stamp Set to stamp my sentiment on it.


To go with the Romantic feel of the sentiment, I distressed the edges of the patterned paper layer and heart. I also used my sewing machine - YES, I finally got one, but its a cheap version from CVS and only does straight stitching, but I'm soo happy with it - to stitch around the edges.


Before adhereing the layers to the Card Base, I used some "Cream" Seam Binding from My Craft Spot to tie a double loop bow. I centered it with a button twined with some of the "Divine Valentine" Baker's Twine, also available at My Craft Spot.


The inside of the card is also stamped with another sentiment from the "Always & Forever" Stamp Set. I LOVE how this stamp set also give you the option to piece together two separate phrases to create your PERFECT sentiment.


As with all of my cards, I couldn't leave it at one layer. I give the Heart and Sentiment Banner some slight dimension, just by bending and folding.


I hope you have enjoyed my SECOND project for the My Craft Spot VALENTINE INSPIRATION. Please scroll down for more projects.

BUT WAIT!

How would you like to win one of the NEW "Build A Valentine" and "Always & Forever" Stamp Set?

Kimberly from My Craft Spot has very generously donated the Stamp Set of YOUR choice to one lucky randomly select winner. All you have to do is:

1. Leave a comment on THIS post.

2. Your FAVORITE Stamp Set.
be sure to tell me what your favorite My Craft Spot Stamp Set is just in case you win! You can view all of the Stamp Sets directly by clicking HERE.

3. Become a FOLLOWER or EMAIL SUBSCRIBER to my blog.

I'll leave this open until Friday, February 3rd 11:59PM EST. I'll announce the winner on Tuesday, February 7th. So be sure to check back!



1 comments :

Saundra said...

This is so pretty, Marlene! I love these My Mind's Eye papers! ~Saundra :)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.