Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Whimsie Wednesday - Shy Cupid, Be My Valentine

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Cartridges(Life's A Party, Plantin SchoolBook), The Paper Company(Whipped Cream), My Mind's Eye(Love Me Collection), My Craft Spot("Build A Valentine" Stamp Set, "Raspberry Truffle" Crinkled Ribbon, "Divine Valentine" Baker's Twine), Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamp(Shy Cupid), PrismaColor Pencils, Stickles(Frosted Lace), Queen & Co. Pearls(Pearl), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist(Pearl), Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, Misc - Mulberry Roses, Sewing Machine, Thread. Finished Size: 5"W x 4"H.

~*~
For the "Cards for Kids" Valentine's Day Blog Hop, CLICK HERE.

For the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #42, CLICK HERE.
~*~

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to Whimsie Wednesday! Today we are featuring Whimsie Doodles' Shy Cupid! She is just soo adorable!


I wanted to make something else than the normal A2(4.25"W x 5.5"H) sized card, so I made a shaped card.


I used the Card Feature on the Cricut Life's A Party Cartridge to cut out the Heart Shaped Card(pg.50) at 4". I then layered it with another Scalloped Heart(pg.50) cut at 5". And finally the plain heart(pg. 50) was cut at 4" from the My Mind's Eye Love Me Collection.


Shy Cupid was colored in with my PrismaColor Pencils. Her dress was paper pieced with scraps from my stash. I added some "Frosted Lace" Stickles to her wings. I do wish I would have made her a bit bigger.


On the upper-right corner, I used some of My Craft Spot's "Raspberry Truffle" Crinkled Ribbon to create a double-loop bow and clustered some Mulberry Roses misted with Pearl Glimmer Mist. I also added some "Devine Valentine" Baker's Twine - available at My Craft Spot - right before adding the cluster of Roses.


I cut a Tag1 from the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook at 1-5/8" and stamped it with a combination of phrases from the BRAND NEW "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set from My Craft Spot.


The inside of the card was also stamped with a phrase from the BRAND NEW "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set.


I hope you have enjoyed my Shy Cupid Feature. Please be sure to visit the Whimsie Doodles Blog for more inspiration from the Doodlelicious Divas.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.