Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Craft Spot Spring Release Party BLOG HOP - Blooming Cupcake

Pin It Now!

~*~

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to My Craft Spot's Spring Stamp Release Party BLOG HOP!!

All week long, the My Craft Spot DT has been featuring Sneak Peeks from ONE of 5 NEW Stamp Sets. If you happened to miss any of the Sneak Peeks, simply click on one of the following NEW Stamp Sets.








Today is the LAST day of our week long Spring Release Party and ALL Stamp Sets are AVAILABLE for purchase!!



If you've come from Candy's Blog, then you're heading in the right direction. If you just happened to come across my blog and would like to play along with our STAMP RELEASE PARTY Blog Hop, start HERE at the My Craft Spot Blog.

Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration! Don't forget to leave comments along the way because there are TONS of prizes along the way!

~*~

Now to my BLOG HOP Project!

Blooming Cupcake
~*~ PUBLISHED in the Cricut Magazine September 2012 ~*~
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridge(Flower Shoppe), The Paper Company(white), Pebbles Inc.(Twitterpated Collection), My Craft Spot ("Birthday Wishes" Stamp Set, "Tiny Tags" Stamp Set, "Vintage Vanilla" Crinkled Ribbon, "Strawberry Cupcake" Trendy Twine), Misc(4" Styrofoam Ball, Button, Glass Head Pins, Candle, Bowl).


March is my Birthday Month and like any girl I'd LOVE to get some flowers for my birthday, but unfortunately due to my chronic allergies and asthma I can't really enjoy a beautiful arrangement of flowers. So this got me thinking what about a FAUX floral arrangement made from paper flowers?!


I took inspiration from the the 1-800-Flowers Cupcake in Bloom Floral Arrangement.


Each "Carnation" was made from the Cricut Flower Shoppe "Heart2" Flower and has a total of 10 layers cut at 2", 1-5/8", 1". 


The Blooming Cupcake takes a total of 16 "Carnations".


I used some Glass Head Pins to attach the "Carnations" to a 4" Styrofoam Ball.


To the center flower, I inserted a REAL candle and a Pearl Corsage Pin with a flag sentiment stamped with the "Sweet Birthday Wishes" from the "Birthday Wishes" Stamp Set.


The "Carnation Cupcake" was then inserted in a Luau Ice Cream Party Bowl I found at the Dollar Tree. I tied some My Craft Spot "Vintage Vanilla" Crinkled Ribbon and centered it with a "Strawberry Cupcake" Trendy Twine  - available at My Craft Spot - Button. I added the "Wish Big" sentiment from the "Tiny Tags" Stamp Set.


I hope you have enjoyed my Blooming Cupcake. I'm your LAST stop on the My Craft Spot Spring Release Party BLOG HOP.


But Wait!

Before you go, I have some a Stamp Party Giveway for you!


A BRAND NEW, JUST RELEASED "BUTTERFLY KISSES" Stamp Set (sponsored by Kimberly from My Craft Spot)!



For your chance to win:

1. Leave me a comment here telling me what you think about the My Craft Stamp Release Party projects.
2. Complete the Blog Hop!

3. And let Kimberly know how much you've enjoyed this Stamp Release Party over at My Craft Spot.

You have until Monday, April 2nd 11:59PM EST to leave your comments for your chance to win! I will announce the winner on Tuesday, April 3rd (around late evening).


Thanks for joining us!


46 comments :

Sue D said...

Oh my! This is fantastic--such a sweet blooming cupcake. All the projects this week have been inspiring and the new sets are great!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Tracy said...

That is so cool! I love all of the flowers!

jessica said...

WOW!!! This is awesome! What a beautiful flower arrangement!
TFS and happy birthday!
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I so want a blooming cupcake. 10 layers you say. So amazingly bee-utiful. Wonderful stamps.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Machelle said...

Wow! Awesome!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Your cupcake is amazing, Marlene!!! I love all of the sweet flowers and the candle is so fun! Thanks for all of your fantastic projects this week.

Hugs,
Kimberly

Amy said...

I have enjoyed each of the projects all week, but am just giddy about the blooming cupcake. How cute! These stamps are just great and I can't wait to have them for myself!

wahixane77 said...

Absolutely AMAZING! I do not have this cart but you really did a great job on your inspiration piece. Love all your samples this week too. Olivia

CLM-cindylu2u said...

Oh my heavens, fabulous job, you have inspired me all week long, of course I want all the stamp sets but the butterfly kisses is such a versatile set, I can see lots of uses for it!! Thanks
Cindylu

GiGi said...

Oh WOW! I am so going to make one of these! All those flowers look AMAZING! You did an AWESOME job all week and I really enjoyed seeing your creations!

Emily's World said...

Wow! Who wouldn't want a cupcake like that for their birthday?! This blog hop and the whole week has been so much fun and so inspiring. I can't wait to go craft today!

Pendra said...

Oooooh my this is so beautiful... I think it more gorgeous than the inspiration photo!!! I have the Flower Shoppe cartridge and have never used it... I have got to get it out!! This has been a fun week (sad to see it end) and great Hop! Thanks for the chance to win any of these sweet stamp sets!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra
pendrasplace.blogspot.com

Patricia said...

This is amazing! And thank you for sharing how you did the flowers. You used all the same PP, right? So about how many sheets of paper did it take?

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Wowza girl... your flower cupcake is beautiful. I always love your creations!!! :)

Sharla Laursen said...

Wow, that cupcake is gorgeous! I've loved seeing the projects throughout the week, such fun inspiration!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Marlene! Your creation is so beautiful!!! WOW! I Absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing and I can't wait to try making it!!!

http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/
lkgra@hotmail.com

L.B. said...

This is just amazing...I love your cupcake and love the new stamps. WOW that flower cupcake is so amazing (had to say it again.)
http://coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

Marlene,
Love the blooming cupcake! Wow what a wonderful idea and it turned out beautiful. Your projects are just amazing!!

Jess
craftingwithjess@gmail.com

Linda Harris said...

Oh My Word!!! You are just amazing !!! I love this cupcake Marlene!!! All your projects rock!!! Lsunflower58@aol.com

CREATIVE M said...

Marleen,You blew me away with your Blooming Cupcake.Amazing!Beautiful!Breath Taking!So much fun with this Blog Hop.TFS
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow this is truly amazing. I love the flower cupcake and I hope that your birthday be filled with wonderful flowers. I think you did a great job on case the flower pic. I have enjoyed this new release. All of the creations were fun to see and learn new things.
Thanks for Sharing AJ!
jeria22@yahoo.com

marg0006 said...

Wow, yur bouquet turned out so gorgous. Thanks for all the wonderful talent.

marg0006@verizon.net

Marcia said...

The blooming cupcake is the best I've seen! I don't have that cart, but might be able to make it with some variation. TFS! I can't wait to try to make one of my own.

mb6464@hotmail.com
marciasmemories.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Wow! this took some work. It paid off! this is quite amazing! I loved every project you created this week.

I am totally new to your blog, it took some doing but I managed to become a follower. You are going to be fun to follow.

Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

AmyJ said...

Well I deffinently have to say this is inspiring..I love this so much..I dont have a cricut but I hope to one day soon. I will have to try my hand at this when I do. But I might not be able to wait so I might try it all by hand. A lil daring I know. But this is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. A great hop this has been.

Melissa said...

Oh wow, it looks like you really took your time in creating these, they turned out great! I have enjoyed the hop, everyone has done a fabulous job displaying the stamps and have enjoyed the party!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

Deborah R said...

Oh my, don't think I've ever seen anything so cute! Your idea is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Stephanie said...

I love them way you did these gorgeous flowers. They really are gorgeous.

Barb said...

This is AMAZING! It looks just like the inspiration photo!
Thanks to the whole DT for a great hop!

bborre at hotmail dot com

Karen L said...

WOW!! I have been enjoying all the projects on this hop, but my mouth just dropped open when I saw yours! This is flippin' awesome!! So cute, so beautiful...so unique!
kladd94803 at aol dot com

Jen said...

Those flower cupcakes are so freakin' cute!!I am already a follower.

http://scrapinexpecttheunexpected.blogspot.com/

Kathy Salido said...

Wow Marlene, you are truly a talented lady!! This is gorgeous!!
Kathy
salido99@msn.com
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

I absolutely KNEW something extra special would be waiting here! You are so talented and I am always so inspired by your work. This blooming cupcake is exquisite... right down to the corsage pin and sweet sentiments. Every detail is perfect. :o) I am so happy just looking at this. :o) Lovely work as always. :o) The entire release party has been marvelous. So much inspiration and such a variety of ideas surrounding Kimberly's new (amazing) release! What a fun week. :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful arrangement:) Holy cow....I just LOVE this...but I love everything you make,lol! So fabulous Marlene!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

ok... seriously now i know why yours was last... oh my goodness....such a beautiful bouquet - love the idea!!!

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Your project is amazing! I love everything about it, you did an awesome job and it looks like it was a lot of work to create that! I am a new follows of your blog and am looking forward to more of your creations. You are so very talented, thanks for the inspiration. I really enjoyed the blog hop and stamp release projects!

scrappindhilly at gmail dot com
www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

Homespun Elegance said...

Marlene, your take on the inspiration is just amazing! I love this!! Thank you so much for sharing this project!!

Jessica @ www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com
homespunelegance.jk@gmail.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

O my goodness this is gorgoeus11 Must have taken alot of time to make!! I have loved all your projects for this release!!
Kristan (follower)
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Rose Red said...

I don't know how I've missed your blog up to this point. New follower who just loves what you make!!! Love it all!!!
vivian

~amy~ said...

Who can resist a cupcake? this is absolutely fabulous! Great idea with the blooms, looks spectacular!

bailey19 said...

WONDERFUL IDEA JUST BEAUTIFUL
lOIS

Debbie said...

if i already comment on this post I am sorry but I think i visited here first but your project does deserve a second look the work that
went into this is fantastic, i don't know if i would have this much patience to put all the flowers together
upnurse at aol dot com

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

WOW!!! This is fabulous, you did a incredible job, it's sooo pretty!!!
Puppy Hugs,
Wendy

wendydotroos2boys@gmaildotcom

Kimberli said...

All of your projects have been gorgeous but your blooming cupcake is just stunning - what a fabulous idea!!

Kimberli
kimbean20 at gmail dot com

Glora said...

WOW!!!! This is SO gorgeous! I love the inspiration you took it from and the perfect way you made it up to make it your own. WOW! AMAZING!!!! Hugs- Glora
me(at)glorajean(dot)com

scrappy critters said...

This is the cutest Cupcake I have ever seen. I have to try one! I LOVE LOVE it.

♥Tammy

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.