Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Craft Spot Spring Stamp Release Party Sneak Peek #2 - Birthday Cake

Pin It Now!
~*~ PUBLISHED in the Cricut Magazine September 2012 ~*~
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Simply Charmed), The Paper Company(white), My Mind's Eye(Quite Contrary - Jack & Jill, The Bright Side - One, The Bright Side - Two, Lost & Found - Market Street), My Craft Spot("Happy Birthday" Stamp Set, "Vanilla Bean" Crinkled Ribbon, "Blossom" Twine), Sakura Gelly Roll Pen. Appox Finished Size: 5.5" x 5.5"

~*~

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to My Craft Spot's Spring Stamp Release Party Sneak Peek #1!

The day has FINALLY come! All week long, the My Craft Spot DT will be featuring Sneak Peeks from ONE of 5 NEW Stamp Sets. Then on Saturday, March 31st, we will have a Stamp Release Party Blog Hop! There will be TONS of prizes along the way, so you won't want to miss it!

Today's stamp set is Happy Birthday!

ALL stamp sets will be available for purchase on Saturday, March 31st!

For my Sneak Peek Project, I went with the "Happy Birthday to you!" sentiment.



I recently celebrated my birthday and it inspired me to make a Birthday Cake Shaped Card based on my favorite cake - Chocolate Strawberry Cake. Although it didn't quite turn out like that. 


The cake is from the Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge cut at 5.5". I used several pieces of My Mind's Eye patterned papers, all purchased from Paper Issues(see right sidebar for a discount).



I added a triple-loop bow made from My Craft Spot's "Vanilla Bean" Crinkled Ribbon. Topped it with some "Blossom" Baker's Twine, available at My Craft Spot, and a two-toned flower.


Each layer of the card is separated by my homemade dimensionals - I didn't forget this time.  


Again, I kept the inside pretty simple. Give it a quick outline and stamped it with another sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Happy Birthday".


I hope you have enjoyed my project for My Craft Spot's Spring Release Party Sneak Peek #2. To see more "Sneak Peeks" of the "Happy Birthday" Stamp Set - available for purchase Saturday, March 31st, please visit My Craft Spot Blog. You don't want to miss it!

But Wait!!

What is a Stamp Release Party without some giveways?

Stamp Release Party Giveaways:

Each day this week, Kimberly from My Craft Spot will have a fun prize for ONE lucky follower! Then, on Saturday, each stop on the Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamp Sets! That's a total of 9 Stamps Sets!!

For the most chances to win awesome prizes this week:

1. Leave a comment on each Sneak Peek post on the My Craft Spot Blog this week ( Monday thru Friday).

2. Leave a second comment letting Kimberly know that you placed the PINK Stamp Party Button on your Blog or Facebook. ( You can do this each day if you'd like!)



My Craft Spot
3. Join us for the BLOG HOP on Saturday! Each DT on the Blog Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamps Sets!!

Be sure to check back in on Tomorrow, March 28th, for another Sneak Peek at a NEW Stamp Set! Now, head on over to My Craft Spot for more Sneak Peeks and your chance to win!

 

14 comments :

CLM-cindylu2u said...

Great card, love that paper on the flames and your beautiful flower!!
Cindylu

Candy said...

I love your birthday cake Marlene! That flower with the crinkle ribbon is gorgeous!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is such a pretty shaped card!! I love the patterned paper!!
Kristan

Beckie said...

Fabulus card!!

Be blessed, Beckie

jessica said...

This card is fabulous!!! Love all the dimensions and love that beautiful flower!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

GiGi said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the shape and pretty colors. The flower is FABULOUS and I love the sentiment too!

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!!! Marlene is gorgeous!! I love the big fat candles and pretty ribbon and flowers off to the side-Great job as always:) Fantastic card!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Diana said...

Happy Belated Birthday Marlene!! I love your card, I didn't realize Simply Charmed had this cute cake. This is why I LOVE everyone's blogs, I see things that I didn't remember/realized whats in the carts!! Thanks for a chance to win too!

bdcampers@msn.com

Vickie said...

Very pretty card. I love the two-toned flower

Dana said...

I really like the way this came out. TFS
http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Bobby said...

I love shaped cards and this one is exceptional.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Especially like the flower on the wonderful shaped birthday cake card.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

teachdanz said...

I love this card so much I just scraplifted it for my youngest daughter's birthday card:-) hope you don't mind. you are very talented and I am always inspired by your creations!
http://teachdanz.blogspot.com

teachdanz said...

just wanted to let you know you inpsired me with this card - I scraplifted it and made a similar one for my daughter's birthday. you can see it here -
http://teachdanz.blogspot.com/2012/04/shabby-chic-stamp-co-design-team.html

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.