Monday, April 30, 2012

FCCB Save the Earth Crawl - Box Tops Container

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Cricut Craft Room Basics, Cricut Craft Room Picks and Pennants, Create-A-Critter, Birthday Bash), Bazzill Basics(North Sea), Scenic Route(Appleton Collection), Cosmo Cricket(The Boyfriend - pencils, lines), My Little Shoebox(Mini Alphabet Sticker - Lemon Pie), Misc(Ribbon, Strawberry Container).

~*~
For My Craft Spot's Challenge #54, CLICK HERE
~*~

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to The Fantabulous Cricut's SEVENTH Fantabulous Cricut Crawl...Fantabulous Cricut's version of a Blog Hop!

In honor of our Home Planet Mother Earth, we're having a "SAVE THE EARTH" Crawl..each Design Team Member will be featuring an original Upcycled-Themed Project that includes at least one Reusable/Recycled Item along with at least ONE Cricut Cut.

If you've come from visiting Kate's Blog at Small Bits of Paper, you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Fantabulous Cricut Crawl, start HERE.

Make sure to chedck out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration! There will be PRIZES along the way at our DT Member's Blogs, AND there will be a GRAND PRIZE up for grabs at FCCB for one participant that submits a "SAVE THE EARTH" project at FCCB!

How fun is that?!
~*~
For my Upcycled-Themed Project, I re-purposed an empty Strawberry Container.


Both of my little boys are collecting Box Tops for their school and these Box Tops tabs are ALL OVER my kitchen! If you have kids in grades K-8 you KNOW what I'm talking about. They are ALL OVER the place - in drawers, on the table, in the cookie jar, etc - so I knew I had to do something about it.


I always have several fruit/vegetable containers sitting in the recycle bin and that got me thinking. The Strawberry Containers would be a PERFECT holder for these Box Tops. They are big enough to hold several Box Tops - especially during the summer - and even have a little slot opening to just drop in the Box Tops tabs.


They open/close easily, so removing the Box Tops isn't a problem at all.


The polka dot ribbon about the container is also RECYCLED. It was part of another package I got as a present and saved it for later use.


The lid was embellished with papers from the Scenic Route Appleton Collection(discontinued) and Cosmo Cricket The Boyfriend Collection(discontinued).


The pennants were cut from the Cricut Craft Room Party Picks and Pennants at 1.5" and 5/8" REAL. The scalloped circle is from the Cricut Craft Room Basics cut at 3" REAL. The letters were cut at .5" from the Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge. And the apple is from the Cricut Create-A-Critter Cartridge cut at 1.25".


Now it's your turn! Let's see your Upcycled-Themed projects! Make sure to include a Cricut Cut somewhere on your project!


Now, what is a "SAVE THE EARTH" Crawl without a GIVEAWAY?!

PICTURE COMING SOON!

Be sure to leave ONE comment per request!!

1) You MUST be a FOLLOWER or sign up for EMAIL UPDATES.
Email address needs to be verified.
Do both an get an EXTRA entry.

2) You MUST participate in the Fantabulous Cricut "SAVE THE EARTH" Crawl.

3) You MUST leave a comment here with contact information.






























I will leave this GIVEAWAY open 'til Sunday, May 6th 11:59 PM EST. I'll announce the winner on Monday, May 7th.

Next stop is Megan's Blog at Saxey Designs. Go see what she has in store for you today... And when you're done, make sure to link up your project to FCCB's Fantabulous Cricut Crawl post to be entered into the contest!
Happy Crawling!

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea Marlene!!! I am already a follower.
    Kathy
    salido99@msn.com
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene, you are a GENIUS!!! I, too, have box tops all over the place and when I saw your post, I said to myself, "I've gotta do this, too". Thank you so much for coming up with such an adorable and simple yet extremely useful project. P.S. I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous! I never would've thought to re-use a strawberry container! Awesome idea!
    booger1 at tds.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea!! I love how your decorated it up-so cute!!
    sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative and handy idea!!! Love the pretty colors, too...and I "just" threw one of these away last night!!
    dianegreghov at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative use of a strawberry container!! I love how you decorated it!!
    Kristan (Follower)
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute project. love the polka dot ribbon and the papers you used. I have containers like this, I will have to use you idea to recycle them. New follower.
    Ogdendoll@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is so cute and clever. It really is a perfect container to re-use. I have loads of recyclables in my garage so I better get going.
    Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant idea! Love how this box looks. Love it! Excellent work as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever! Love your designs and always look for your entries at My Craft Spot and FCCB

    Lisa - ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com
    lisa dot rea at kbmg dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome way to get your kids involved with collecting box tops,staying orginazed,& keeping area clean! Plus useing a recycleable container!!
    Too cool! Thanks for sharing.
    I am a new email subscriber.
    Roxx.T
    roxx39t at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project Marlene, I still save those box tops for a friend and this is a fabulous container!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! I will think twice before taking these to recycle now! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness...I need one of those boxes for my box tops! Brilliant--well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't tell you how much I love this idea! I just throw our boxtops in a drawer and so many strawberry containers in the recycle bin! Oh great now I'll have a stack of those sitting in my craft room! LOL!! Love everything about it...papers, colors, ribbon, oh my! I've been a follower by email for a while now and added by project to FCCB.

    Kathi
    http://kathiscreativetherapy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea. I love how you put the slot in the box. Now your kids won't loose any of those box tops
    katieoscreations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea! I had to research BoxTops as we don't have them here in Canada. How fabulous that you've now got a bright and FUN place to store them?! Your upcycled strawberry container looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea! I always just throw my box tops in a zip lock which really is no fun at all! Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super idea! I always have these containers in the house...I eat lots of strawberries. Now I have a clue as to what I can use them for. Thanks. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tried leaving a comment before, but something went wrong. Just wanted to say that youve given me a great idea on the use for all of the strawberry containers that find there way into my house. Ill be pulling some out now and play around with a few new ideas. Thanks. Kathie
    *letsgetscrappytogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty Marlene. I do know what you mean about the box tops everywhere. I might just snatch your idea.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great! I need to do this one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How awesome!! We have tons of those strawberry containers around, and that's a perfect use! I'm a little late to hop, but so glad I came by.

    Your DT pal,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  24. Marlene, this is so great! I love the bright colors and I REALLY love your awesome photo staging skills! Your photos are always amazing and I love that you add the little extras around your projects to finish them off so nicely. You inspire me to try to take more time with mine and do it nicely. :) Beautiful work!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.