Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Scrappy Moms Stamps April Release Party - Strawberry Daiquiri

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expession, Cricut Cartidge(Mixed Drinks Craft Room Exclusive), The Paper Company(white), Bazzill Basics(Jetstream, QuickSand), DCWV(small pink flowers), My Mind's Eye(Lost & Found Market Street - drink; On the Bright Side ONE - Strawberry Stem; On the Bright Side TWO - Strawberry), Graphix Clear Plastic Sheets, My Craft Spot("Raspberry Truffle" Crinkled Ribbon, "Strawberry Cupcake" Trendy Twine), Scrappy Moms Stamps("Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Stamp Set), Queen & Co Pearls(Pearl, NightFall), Memento Ink(Tuxedo Black), Sakura Gelly Roll Pen(white), Misc(Button)

~*~

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the Scrappy Moms April Release Party!!

I'm so excited to be the Guest Designer for Scrappy Moms Stamps April 2012 Release! All week long(April. 20th - April 26th) the Scrappy Moms Stamps Design Team and I will be showcasing the TWO BRAND NEW, JUST RELEASED Stamp Sets. There will be TONS of inspiration and maybe a prize or two along the way, so you won't want to miss it!!!

For today's project, I used the BRAND NEW "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Stamp Set - now available for purchase.


As soon as I saw this set I thought about Cocktails and Mixed Drinks. I searched and searched for some sort of "Drink" image, but wasn't happy with what I was coming up with. Until I got an email from Cricut Promotions with their RECENTLY RELEASED Digital Cartridges. I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Cricut Craft Room Exculive "Mixed Drinks" Cartridge!! It was PERFECT for my vision and the STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI Shaped Card was born.


I don't like to toot my own horn, but I just LOVE how this turned out! It would make PERFECT "Girls Night Out" invites or a 21st Birthday Card, so many possibilities.


The image was cut at 5.75" from the Cricut Craft Room "Mixed Drinks" Exculsive Cartridge. It was given several layers to make it look like an actual drink.


The Strawberry was cut from the My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side ONE and TWO 6x6 paper pads I purchased at Paper Issues' Etsy Store - look for your 20% discount code on the right sidebar. I cut the stem out twice to layer it. I added some Queen & Co "Nightfall" Pearls for seeds.


Instead of using patterned paper for the Straw, I decided to use some of the "Strawberry Cupcake" Trendy Twine available at My Craft Spot. I love the swirls of pink and white, makes it look like a real Straw.


To give the STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI Shaped Card a real glass look, I made one last layer cut from Graphix Clear Plastic Sheets. I purchased the Clear Plastic Sheets from the Paper Issues Etsy Store, please Convo Cassie if interested. This gave the card a very nice shiny glass finish.


I made a double-loop bow from my very last piece of "Raspberry Truffle" Crinkled Ribbon from My Craft Spot.


I then stamped the "Girls Night Out" Sentiment Phrase from the JUST RELEASED Scrappy Moms Stamps' "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Stamp Set - available for purchase now. To finish it all off, I topped the Sentiment Tag with some "Strawberry Cupcake" Trendy Twine - available at My Craft Spot - and a button.


The side Flowers were cut out twice from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Market Street 6x6 paper pad - as was the "drink" -  for layering and I added a Queen & Co. "Pearl" Pearl.


I felt the inside of the card needed to be "complete" and not left entirely blank. I stamped the inside with the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" sentiment from the JUST RELEASED Scrappy Moms Stamps' "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Stamp Set - available for purchase now.


This STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI Shaped Card is now available for purchase at my Etsy Store - ScrappinCookie.


I hope you have enjoyed my project using the "Girls Night Out!" and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Phrases from the Scrappy Moms Stamps' "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" Stamp Set.

Please be sure to check back in Tomorrow, April 26th for the LAST day of the April Release Party and another project using ONE of these TWO BRAND NEW, JUST RELEASED Stamp Sets. Now, head on over to Scrappy Moms Stamps for more inspiration!

5 comments:

  1. So stinkin' ADORABLE!! Even the inside is all dressed up - LOVE it! :)

    Thank you for joining us this month as our Guest Designer!

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is just absolutely adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so refreshing, the twine on the straw is a great touch! I'll take a non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri.... :)
    Fantastic shape card Marlene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Marlene :-)

    thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! So many beautiful details, love the PP for the drink, that was a great idea.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.