Tuesday, June 26, 2012

End of the Year Teacher Gifts - Thank You Berry Much - Berry Basket

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Cartridges(Plantin SchookBook, Accent Esstenials), Bazzill Basics(Guacamole), The Paper Company(Red), Cuttlebug Machine, "Swiss Dots" Embossing Folder, My Craft Spot("Peapod" Twinery Twine, "Scarlet Red" Crinkle Ribbon), DMC Memory Thread(Lt. Green), Sakura Gell Pen, Misc(mulberry flower, fruit container).

~*~

For the Paper Issues' "PICNICS and PATRIOTS" Blog Hop, click HERE.

For the FCCB Challenge Me Monday #117 - "BBQ TIME", click HERE.

For the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #61 - "HOT SUMMER COLORS", click HERE.

~*~

Hello Everyone!

I can't believe that the school year is OFFICIALLY over and SUMMER is upon us! Both  my little ones finished school last week and are moving on to Kindergarten and 3rd Grade!! Sometimes I have to blink twice and stare at them just to realize how BIG they have gotten.

Despite the fact that I had said I wasn't going to be making End of the Year Teacher Gifts this year due to a hectic crafty and everyday life schedule, I did them anyways. It all came together when I made a quick stop at my local Target store and found an ADORABLE 2pk plastic Fruit Containers.


This is the smaller Fruit Container of the set - the larger one left without getting a photo shoot. I filled the basket with some 3D Strawberries with chocolate kisses inside. I used a 3D Strawberry file I designed last year - available upon comment request -, but if you have the Cricut Spring Cottage Cartridge you can cut them out at 3.25".


Before filling and closing the 3D Strawberries, I ran them thru my Cuttlebug Machine and de-bossed using the "Swiss Dots" Embossing Folder. I then doodled some lines and dots with my Sakura Gel Pen. The strawberries were closed using some Twinery "Peapod" Twine - available at My Craft Spot. After 26+ strawberries, my "Peapod" Twine finished and I had to use the Trendy Twine "Twisted Lime" Twine.


I wrapped some My Craft Spot Scarlet Red Crinkle Ribbon around the fruit container and added a small mulberry paper rose.

 
Here's a little secret - these BERRY BASKETS were made the night before school ended; I pulled "an all nighter". LOL! And with all the rush of getting them finished in time, I completely forgot to add a small tag using the My Craft Spot "Thanks" Tiny Tags Stamp Sentiment.


Before sending these out to my sons' teacher, I placed them in a large cellophane bag.


I hope you have enjoyed my BERRY BASKET Gift Set.

~*~

For  the BERRY SMOOTHIE Gift Set, please click HERE.

~*~
This project is also entered into the following challenges:

*Getting Cricky - Simply Sunday Challenge - Summer Celebraions

13 comments:

  1. Love this idea, Marlene! I'm sure the teacher loved this! I would love the cut file for the strawberries. You can email me at: Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Hugs,
    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome Marlene! Such a wonderful idea and I love how you embossed and doodled on the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly cute!!!! I'd love a copy of the cut file for the strawberries. You can email me at gjrmjw at msn dot com - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got me rushing off to Target to look for these plastic fruit baskets. Can you please leave me a comment telling me what section of Target carries these. My blog is:
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
    and I would be so grateful for the information. They turned out SO stinkin' adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    By the way, I have blog candy. I'd love to have you follow and enter, and would be thrilled to follow you as well. Lots of inspiration here!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    P.S. I also have a challenge blog where I'd be thrilled to have you share your beautiful art.
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!!! I have the strawberry die from MFT, but I hadn't thought of the pen detailing. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredibly cute teacher gift! And good for you to make the extra effort -- I know the teachers appreciate it -- my DH is a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This berry basket is so darn cute! Love the way you embossed the seeds on the strawberries, the basket, and the green twine...it is a darling teacher's gift. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely precious! I would so love to have a copy of those cute little strawberries, my favorite summer fruit! This is so creative...adore your Strawberry Smoothie as well!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra
    pendrah at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought these were so cool! I would love a copy of the cut file. donnaferguson36@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These have to be one of the cutest gifts I have seen! I would love if your would email me a copy of the cut file. mel.carpenter@hotmail.com
    Thanks!
    Melissa
    scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love these strawberries. I have the cartridge to make some, but I still haven't done any yet. I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing strawberries! Fabulous project. Thanks for joining us over at Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.


    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  13. These berries are so sweet. I love the way you used the twine on them! Thanks for joining in the Simply Sunday Challenge fun at Getting Cricky

    Heather
    Getting Cricky DT member

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.