Monday, July 2, 2012

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #118 - USA Letters

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Cartridges(Plantin SchoolBook, Cricut Craft Room Basics), Bazzill Basics Cardstock(Ruby Slipper, Avalanche, Great Lakes), American Crafts Cardstock(Red Glitter), Doodlebug SugarCoated Cardstock(Blue Glitter), Pink Paislee(Declaration Collection), My Craft Spot("Sweet Sentiments #2" Stamp Set, "Scarlet Red" Crinkle Ribbon, "Airmail" Devine Twine), Wild Orchid Crafts(tiny red, blue roses; small red roses), Queen & Co Pearls(Red, Clear, Blue Rhinestones), Misc(AC Moore "4th of July" Picks, Roses(Large Red, Medium White, Blue).

~*~
For My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #62 - 4TH OF JULY & CANADA DAY, click HERE.
For Paper Issues' PICNICS & PATRIOTS, click HERE.
~*~

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to FCCB's Challenge Me Monday #118!

~*~   WARNING: LONG & PICTURE HEAVY POST  ~*~

Can you believe July is already here?! Yesterday our Canadian friends celebrated CANADA DAY - Happy Canada Day - and in only TWO short days the US will be celebrating the 4TH OF JULY!! And FCCB wants to celebrate with YOU!!

This week's challenge is all about KABOOM!! FIREWORK CELEBRRATION. Simply create NEW - no backlinking please - project with a firework, sparkler, or other big "KABOOM" project.


I interpreted this week's "KABOOM" challenge a little loosely. I've been wanting to try out some 3D Letters, but don't have a SVG program - I'm a Cricut Gal - so I gave myself the challenge of creating some 3D Letters using the Cricut Craft Room and Cricut Machine - Cricut Expression. And boy was it a CHALLENGE!


The letters took me a whole 3 DAYS to design and about 1 DAY for the FINAL presentation. I used the Cricut Craft Room Basics Font and Plantin SchoolBook to create the strip that would hold them together as 3D Letters.

The Letter U

The Letter U was cut at 5".

I embellished the Letter U with a pre-cut Cricut Plantin SchoolBook star - no size, sorry - I had in my stash. Here is where my KABOOM interpretation comes in - I used a FIREWORK Pom-Pom Pick I purchased in the seasonal section of my local AC MOORE.


To it I added some "Scarlet Red" Crinkle Ribbon from the My Craft Spot "4TH OF JULY" Crinkle Ribbon Set.


I made a small sentiment strip and stamped it with the "Hip Hip Hooray" sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Sweet Sentiments #2" Stamp Set. Adhered the strip to the Crinkle Ribbon with an "Airmail" Devine Twine - available at My Craft Spot - button.



The Letter S

The letter S was cut at 4-7/8".


I used a mix of Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and other unknown roses I had in my stash. The small red roses between the white and blues roses are the Wild Orchid Crafts'  5/8" Brick Red Mulberry Roses. I also used the red and blue tiny roses from the Wild Orchid Crafts' 3/8" 2-Tone Mixed Mulberry Roses.  The larger red rose in the middle and the meduim white and blue roses were from my stash.


Each letter is about 1.5" in width.



The Letter A

The letter A was cut at 5.25"


All letters were cut using the Pink Paislee Declaration Kit from the Paper Issues Etsy Store. For your chance to win this kit FREE, click HERE. Also don't forget to use your 20% OFF discount code located on my right sidebar under my design teams label.


The lower right-hand corner of the letter A was embellished with a 3" Shadow Star cut from the Cricut Craft Room Basics. I added rosette made from a 1" x 12" piece of Pink Paislee Declaration paper. Topped it off with a 1-3/4" Star from the Cricut Craft Room Basics centered with some "Airmail" Devine Twine - available at My Craft Spot.


Underneath the star, I tucked in two ticket stub stickers from the Pink Paislee Declaration Kit - available at the Paper Issues' Etsy Store.



Top View

Here is a quick look at the 3D USA Letters from the top.


I hope you have enjoyed my verison of this week's KABOOM Challenge.

Ok, NOW its your turn! Create a KABBOM project and link it up to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog by Sunday, July 8th 11:59PM EST for your chance to win this week's prize.

~*~

USA Letters CUT File
REQUIRED ITEMS
*Cricut Craft Room
*Cricut Plantin SchoolBook
*Cricut Craft Room Basics
Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a
.zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.









~*~
This project is also being entered in the following challenges:

*Paper Issues - Picnics & Patriots

*My Craft Spot- 4th of July & Canada Day


*Sentimental Sundays Ch#109 - Be Patriotic

*Getting Cricky - Simply Sunday Challenge - Summer Celebrations

*More Than Favors - Wacky Wednesday #73 - 4th of July Theme

*My Sheri Crafts Ch# 88 - Oh I Love America

*Bitten by the Bug2 - Patriotic Challenge

*Exploring Cricut - Show your RED, WHITE & BLUE

18 comments:

  1. WOW!!!This is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!WOW!!!!
    Migdalia
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capital A on that Amazing creation. Just wonderful letters. Thanks for sharing it with us on our BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do amazing work!!!!! I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow! What an amazing project! You did a super job with the letters. Such a great decoration and such great embellishments and colors. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 for the Patriotic challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I LOVE this project! Super fabulous designing and soo creative. Thanks for sharing with BBTB2 and Happy 4th. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I've been a long time admirer of your work...but this has really knocked my soaks off! How cool that you made the letters 3D, they look so perfect and beautiful. I love how you decorated them up, so fun and festive! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, thanks for joining the BBTB2 Challenge, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning!! I can't believe you made these on your cricut. I'm not surprised it took you so long. I love all the little touches, especially that great red, white and blue twine :) Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime. Hope to see you again soon!

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers! This is totally stunning!!! I absolutely love everything about this set!!! Thank you for sharing with us at BBTB2!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness gracious!!! How beautiful!!!! I love the letters and how you embellished them! Awesomeness for sure!! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut and for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really is a wow project. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the detail you put in to each letter. Great job! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis P.S. I'd love you to play over at my other challenge blog, Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges, where there's a new challenge every Friday!
    http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS is a massive undertaking and is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for showing ALL that was involved. I can hardly believe ALL the work you did. Wowzers! Thanks for coming to SENTIMENTALS this week. Smiles, Samara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the letters and your pretty embellishments! Fantastic project! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2 and My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your letter are fabulous and thanks so much for entering them at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh you did an amazing job on creating these 3d letters! Fabtastic project! Thanks somuch for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! Excellent work. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at BBTB2!

    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! The detail you have put into this project is amazing. I have never done 3D letters like this but you have inspired me to try! I love it! Thanks for joining in the Simply Sunday Challenge fun at Getting Cricky

    Heather
    Getting Cricky DT member

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.