Monday, July 30, 2012

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #64 - Baby Sock Cupcake Gift Set

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression2, Cricut Craft Room, Cricut Cartridges(Flower Shoppe, Sweet Tooth Boxes, Party Picks and Pennants), The Paper Company(white), Core'dinations(pink cardstock), Basic Grey(Lemonade - Dandelion), My Mind's Eye(On the Sunny Side - yellow polka dots), Echo Park(Sweet Day - Pink),Grafix(Clear Plastic), My Craft Spot("Petal Pink" Crinkle Ribbon, "Strawberry Cupcake" Trendy Twine, "Lemon Devine" Devine Twine, "Green Apple" Devine Twine, "Tiny Tags" Stamp Set, "Bundle of Joy" Stamp Set, Tiny Tags Metal Dies), The Scrap Shoppe(Digital Bingo Card), Queen & Co Pearls(pearl), American Crafts(Buttons), Misc(Corsage Pins, Wooden Circle).

~*~

For the My Craft Spot Blog Hop WINNER, click HERE.

~*~

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry for being MIA for the past few weeks. We took a quick and short vacation to Hershey Park, PA for one week. Spent some extra time with the family, then did some much needed cleaning around the house and before I knew it we are TWO days from August!!

But now I'm back and just in time for the My Craft Spot Challenge #64 - Oh Baby!

This week's challenge is all about BABIES! Simply create a NEW - no backlinking, please - Baby Card or Baby Gift.

For my OH BABY! project, I created a two little cupcakes out of baby socks.
  

Each "cupcake" is made up of 3 Baby Socks. The "wrapper"  is made from a 12-18 months sized white sock and the "frosting" is made up from two different toned 6-18 months pink socks.


I used a few Baby Sock Cupcake Tutorials from YouTube, but its basically ALOT of trial and error until you get rolled up just how you want.


Around the "wrapper" I tied some "Strawberry Cupcake" Trendy Twine - available at My Craft Spot. I used the Cricut Craft Room Party Picks and Pennants to cut the "Flag14" at 1/2", then cut the strip in half and stamped it with the "Baby Girl" sentiment from the RECENTLY RELEASED My Craft Spot "Bundle of Joy" Stamp Set.


For the second Baby Sock Cupcake, I used a combination of two sentiments from the My Craft Spot "Tiny Tags" Stamp Set to create the "Sweet Baby" phrase.


Using the Cricut Flower Shoppe Cartridge, I added two small "Fun4" flowers centered with the "Heart1" Rolled Flower to each cupcake.


I topped off the "cupcake" with a "Cherry" made from a wooden button painted in red and glossed. I added a stem using "Green Apple" Devine Twine - available at My Craft Spot. -Yes, I know...Cherry Stems are brown...my 5-year old also pointed that out. -


Both cupcakes were packaged in a Gift Box cut from the Cricut Sweet Tooth Boxes Cartridge. Its actually the "TlbxLy1" on page 52 cut at 7-3/4". I welded a 2-3/4" rectangle to the top so the Baby Sock Cupcakes would fit inside. The "2CkInsrt"(pg. 64) was cut at 5".


The "TlbxLid" was also cut at 7-3/4" from the Core'dinations Cardstock Vintage Collection. I lightly sanded the edges to give the cardstock a more softer look. A triple-loop bow was made from My Craft Spot's "Petal Pink" Crinkle Ribbon and then wrapped around the entire Gift Box.


 A larger Cricut Flower Shoppe "Fun4" Flower was centered on top of the bow with some "Lemon Devine" Devine Twine - available at My Craft Spot. I used the NEW "Tiny Tags" Metal Dies from My Craft Spot to cut out the tag and stamped it with the My Craft Spot "Bundle of Joy" Stamp Set.


I also created a quick card to match the Baby Sock Cupcake Gift Box.


The card is based off the Deconstructed Sketch #62.


 I replaced the zig-zag line for some of the My Craft Spot "Petal Pink" Crinkle Ribbon. To tie it in with the Baby Sock Cupcakes, I used the "Baby Girl" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Bundle of Joy" Stamp Set in the lower right-hand corner.


I also added to much larger Cricut Flower Shoppe "Fun4" Flowers with some more "Petal Pink" Crinkle Ribbon and "Lemon Devine" Devine Twine.


The Bingo Card is a digital element I purchased a few years back from The Scrap Shoppe Etsy Store.


For the inside of the card, I followed the same sketch only leaving some space for a personal message. I also used the "Congratulations on your new addition" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Bundle of Joy" Stamp Set.


If you're still with me, I hope you have been inspired by my Baby Sock Cupcake Gift Set and join us over at My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #64 - Oh Baby!.

NOW, its YOUR turn! Create a NEW - no backlinking pleaseOH BABY! project and link it up to the My Craft Spot Blog by Monday, August 6th 11:59PM MST for your chance to win this week's prize.

~*~
This project will also be entered into the following challenges:


4 comments:

  1. WOW! This is an AMAZING gift set. I love the cupcakes and the card is GORGEOUS! Thanks for using this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. Seen diaper creations but not a sock. Wonderful idea. Went to Hershey Park yrs ago when daughter was younger. Rode one of the roller coasters and sat in front seat that you can wait to get. Also toured the chocolate factory. Had heard that you can no longer tour the chocolate factory. Is that true?
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my jaw dropped, for the first time I am finger tied..hehe...
    Super WOW
    I just had to pin it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.