Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Core Cards Creative Frenzy - Core'dinations DT Call

Pin It Now!

Hi Everyone,

I'm here today with a quick post for the Core'dinations Card Designer Design Team Call!


A few days ago, I learned that Core'dinations is having a Card Designer DT Call and I thought I would submit an application to be part of the Core'dinations Family. I would LOVE to be part of the Core'dinations Design Team!

 I've started using my Core'dinations Cardstock again after having horrible difficulties with my previous cardstock and my Cricut. I was SOOO surprised at how CLEAN, SMOOTH, and EASY it was cut my Core'dinations Cardstock with my Cricut Expression Machine. It was like cutting "Butter with a Knife".

For the Design Team Call we are being asked to post THREE projects, where NEW projects or the use of Core'dinations Cardstock is not required. However, it happens to be that my FAVORITE creations right now use Core'dinations Cardstock, so I thought I would share these with the Core'dinations Family.

Baby Sock Cupcake Gift Set


A few weeks ago, I created this Baby Sock Cupcake Gift Set for the My Craft Spot OH BABY! Challenge.

I used the Core'dinations "Pink Tutu" Cardstock from the Vintage Collection to creat the lid for my Gift Box, as well as to create a matching card. It's a PERFECT match to the color scheme I went with for this project. The pre-sanded look of the Vintage Cardstock gave the project the SOFT and SUBTLE look I needed for this project. In addition, I sanded down the edges of the lid a little bit more for an even softer look.


After creating the Lid, I was left with a 4.25" x 12"  piece of paper perfect to create a matching card. However, being the paper hoarder I am and not wanting to use up ALL of my "Pink Tutu" Core'dinations Cardstock I only used an A2(4.25" x 5.5") piece and adhered it to a white pre-scored card base I had. I also used a smaller piece to cover up the white backing of my patterned paper when I folded the corner.


For more information on my BABY SOCK GIFT SET, please click HERE.

~*~

Baby Girl Pacifier Shaped Card

My second project was also made for the My Craft Spot OH BABY Challenge!.


I used the remaining piece of  the Core'dinations "Pink Tutu" Vintage Cardstock to cut out the Pacifier's Nipple and to create two small roses.


Using the Vintage Cardstock gave the roses a Two-Toned effect. I love using Core'dination Cardstock for small details like this, because you can sand it, tear it, emboss it and it will hold up to give your project an amazing look.


For more information on my BABY GIRL PACIFIER SHAPED CARD, please click HERE.

~*~

Poinsettia Holiday Tags

My last project was created back in December 2011.

Published in the Cricut Magazine August 2012

I used the Core'dinations "Burnt Sugar" Vintage Cardstock to cut out the Tags from my Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge.


The Poinsettia Flowers were cut using the "Angel Orchid" Vintage Cardstock. I lightly sanded the edges of the Poinsettia Flower and sprayed it with some "Pearl" Glimmer Mist to give it a soft and shiny look. Then centered 3 different sized pearls.


For more information on my POINSETTIA HOLIDAY TAGS, please click HERE.

~*~

For more of my work using Core'dinations Cardstock, please HERE.

I'd greatly appreciate if you could wish me some LUCK on this DT Call. I'd LOVE to be part of the Core'dinatons DT. I believe I share their same love and enthusiasm for papercrafting.

Wish me LUCK!



8 comments :

Holly said...

Gorgeous projects Marlene!! I'd love to apply too but I don't have time to pull stuff together and it sort-of conflicts with another DT I'm on. Best of Luck! Holly :-)

shelly said...

good luck! your work is beautiful!

Ruth G said...

Your projects are lovely! You've got me hooked on the Vintage Cardstock! I love the look! TFS and good luck to you!

Karen said...

Marlene, I have always admired your talent, as you make some incredable projects. So, good luck on the Core'dinations DT call. Just want to send some FCCB DT sister love.

Karen said...

Marlene, I have always admired your work, as you create such awesome projects. Good luk with the Core'dinations DT call, they would be lucky to have you. I just wanted to send you some FCCB DT sister love.

kerenbaker said...

These are really beautiful- love your projects! Good luck with the DT call- hope you make it

Claire Spielman said...

Wishing you the very best of luck to get on the DT! Your work is outstanding!! Hope you stop by my blog and say hi and enter my 1 year giveaway1
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

dstandard said...

Beautiful projects!!! Best of luck - your work is beautiful!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.