Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Craft Spot Fall Stamp Release BLOG HOP - Sharing the Harvest 3D Pumpkin Box

Pin It Now!
 
~*~
 
For Whimsie Doodles' DT Post, click HERE.
 
~*~
 
For My Craft Spot's Release Party Sneak Peek #1, click HERE.

For My Craft Spot's Release Party Sneak Peek #2, click HERE.

~*~

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to My Craft Spot's Fall Stamp Release Party BLOG HOP!!

All week long, the My Craft Spot DT has been featuring Sneak Peeks from ONE of 5 NEW Stamp Sets. If you happened to miss any of the Sneak Peeks, simply visit the My Craft Spot Blog.

Today is the LAST day of our week long Stamp Release Party and ALL Stamp Sets are AVAILABLE for purchase!! Here are the BRAND NEW, JUST RELEASED My Craft Fall Stamps and Metal Dies.



If you've come from ALLY'S BLOG then you're heading in the right direction. If you just happened to come across my blog and would like to play along with our STAMP RELEASE PARTY Blog Hop, start HERE at the My Craft Spot Blog.

Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration! Don't forget to leave COMMENTS along the way because there are TONS of prizes along the way!

~*~

Now to my BLOG HOP Project!

Sharing the Harvest - 3D Pumpkin Box

Supplies Used:
My Craft Spot("Toadally Green" Crinkle Ribbon, "Happy Thanksgiving" Stamp Set, "Tiny Doilies" Metal Dies), Cricut Expression2, Cricut Cartridges(Sweet Tooth Boxed, Freshly Picked, Flowe Shoppe), Bazzill Basics(Bitter Chocolate, Tangelo), The Paper Loft(Orange Plaid), Colobok(Brown Polka Dots), My Mind's Eye(Yellow Flower), Jillibean Soup(Green Floral), Me & My Big Ideas(Gems).

Unfortunately, do to health issues - nothing serious, just a darn stubborn wisdom tooth - I wasn't able to fully participate in the My Craft Spot Fall Release. Thankfully after an emergency tooth surgery I'm feeling soo much better and couldn't pass up participating in the My Craft Spot Fall Release BLOG HOP. However, I'm running a little late - as usual - and my project will be up in a few hours. So Sorry.

Please be sure to come back in a few hours. You won't want to miss it! There will be a prize at the end!

Inspired by the "Sharing the Harvest" sentiment from the BRAND NEW, JUST RELEASED "Happy Thanksgiving" Stamp Set, I created a 3D Pumpkin Box.


The pumpkin was made from the "ConeLy1". I used Cindy Royal's idea of cutting one box slightly larger than the other to have it fit as a top. The lid was cut at 8-5/8" and the bottom was cut at 8-1/2".


To hide the Scallop Border on the boxes, I used a 3/4" x 12" strip of paper all around the Pumpkin Box.


I centered a Scalloped Sentiment Tag made using the BRAND NEW My Craft Spot "Tiny Doilies"  Metal Dies. The circle line border was made using a circle from the smallest circle die of the set. I simply traced around it with my pen and then stamped the "Sharing the Harvest" Sentiment from the JUST RELEASED My Craft Spot "Happy Thanksgiving" Stamp Set.


To the top of the lid box, I made a "stem" using a piece of foam from an old kid's craft project. I added a Pumpkin Leave from the Cricut Freshly Pick Cartridge(pg.68) cut at 4-1/2".


I tied some "Toadally Green" Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot around the stem.


A second sentiment - "Autumn Wishes" - from the BRAND NEW "Happy Thanksgiving" Stamp Set was stamped onto a small strip. I centered the bow and senitment with a small "Mum2" Flower from the Cricut Flower Shoppe Cartridge cut at 1/2".


I plan on filling the "3D Pumpkin Box" with some Hershey Kisses or maybe some Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and give it to one of my son's teacher for Thanksgiving. Oh! I just thought that these would also make GREAT place setting pieces. Simply add your guests name and after dinner they have an ADORABLE Pumpkin Box to package some goodies in.


I hope you have enjoyed my Sharing the Harvest 3D Pumpkin Box. I'm your LAST stop on the My Craft Spot Fall Stamp Release Party BLOG HOP.

But Wait!

Before you go, I have some a Stamp Party Giveway for you!


A BRAND NEW, JUST RELEASED "SPOOKY TREATS" Stamp Set (sponsored by Kimberly from My Craft Spot)!


For your chance to win:

1. Leave me a COMMENT HERE telling me what you think about the My Craft Fall Stamp Release Party projects.

2. COMPLETE BLOG HOP!


3. And LET KIMBERLY KNOW how much you've enjoyed this Stamp Release Party over at My Craft Spot.

You have until Sunday, Septmeber 9th 11:59PM EST to leave your comments for your chance to win!

ALL winners will be announced on Monday, September 10th at My Craft Spot and the My Craft Spot Designer's Blog.


Thanks for joining us!

49 comments :

Susan Martin said...

I am so glad you're feeling better!! There is not much worse than mouth pain or tooth pain.. It is terrible!!

Tonya said...

Tooth issues are the worst. So sorry! Glad you are doing better though.

Gramjak said...

Ouch -- so sorry to lear about your dental problems. I'm in the same boat and will have wisdom tooth extraction next week. A goodie bag would help me heal, I know!!! LOL!!!
Take good care of yourself, Marlene!

Margie said...

Speedy recovery, Marlene! I'll pop back in later....can't wait to see your pumpkin!

Yoshira aka cricutalltime said...

How terrible.Hope you feel better soon.

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

Can't wait to see what you've come up with for your project. You always do such pretty work.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com
SewSweetNCrafty@gmail.com

Sheri R said...

I will try to stop back, but I was here :)

Sheri R

sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

Melissa said...

Awww, so sorry to hear about that tooth, feel better soon and hopefully I can come back to view your project. Your first concern is your health take care!!!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

Pam said...

Ouch! I hope you are feeling better! I have to have a rush MRI Monday (soonest they could do it). Wish me luck. Fun hop. Love all of the beautiful stamps.
Pam
pamdanner1973@gmail.com

Kim's Kreations said...

Sorry your ill. Hope you feel better. Check back later.
Ogdendoll @gmail.com

Kat Stachowiak said...

Sorry to hear of your troubles with a wisdom tooth....cant wait to see your project when you are feeling better.
Kat
scrapnhappykat.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

That's a shame about your extraction I know how it is to have it done very draining I'll pop in and look for your project later feel better :)

Lisa R. said...

Fabulous hop and projects!! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Well I am glad that you are feeling well enough to post your project, hopefully your wisdom teeth won't give you anymore trouble!! I love your box great embellishments!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful pumpkin box, Marlene!! I love the stem on your pumpkin - what a great idea!

Kimberly

Donna said...

that is the cutest box I have ever seen, and oh so clever of you in it's construction. Thank you so much for including all the detailed information. Do hope you are feeling much better. Ouch!! Thanks also for the chance to win the wonderful stamp set. I have so loved the blog hop, you are all so super talented.

Donna C.
goCricutgo





jessica said...

So glad you got your project posted!!! This is awesome! I love the beautiful colored papers and great embellishments! Those new stamps and dies are perfect and look amazing on your pumpkin!!
Thanks for sharing and hope you have a great night!
Jessica
Chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

craftymrs said...

ohh that box is fabulous! Nice job!

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

I really like this pumpkin shaped treat box. All the details and colors look great together. The die looks super good. TFS.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
Www.sewsweetncrafty.blogspot.com
SewSweetNCrafty@gmail.com

Sharla said...

Wow, such a gorgeous project, love it!!

mamawcindy said...

Oh, I Love your 3D Pumpkin Box! So glad I stayed up long enough to see It. It was sure worth the wait. It is Soooo Cute! Love the papers that you used. This is such an Awesome release. Fall and Halloween are my favorite time of year and this week has been so Fun seeing all of the Projects! So many Great Idea! I'm a follower and So excited for the chance to win! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I have loved all the stamp release projects this week! They were amazing! I really like your project! So cute! Thanks for the chance to win! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Lisa R. said...

Adorable pumpkin box!!!! Get well soon. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Olivia said...

This is fantastic! Love this cut. Glad you are feeling better and able to get back into it.

BugBites said...

Loved all your projects. Especially the pumpkin box...fabulous!
Bugbites411@gmail.com

Bloeffelbein said...

Sorry about your tooth hope you start feeling better !!! I loved, loved this blog hop . One of the best yet !! The projects were all amazing I just love the assortment of different projects and ideas . I am in LOVE with all the new stamps and the new dies . Your pumpkin box is so flipping cute , I want it !!!
Brianna

My Crafting Channel said...

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. Beautiful Pumpkin box.

Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

marg0006 said...

Yo did a cool 3D pumpkin and thanks for the fun

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Jen said...

I love your projects!! I just love this pumpkin box...so cute! That crinkle ribbon on top is also perfect and the dies for your sentiment are great as well! I have enjoyed this blog hop/week-long festivities so much! I am sad to see it end. :)

Jennifer

Kat Stachowiak said...

It was worth the wait! Really cute idea!
Kat
scrapnhappykat.blogspot.com

Carol and Kaitlyn's Krafts said...

So sorry about your tooth troubles. Hope you're up and running 100% very soon. I do love your 3D pumpkin and papers you chose are amazing! You are also giving away my favorite stamp set...Spooky Treats!

Carol (Carol's Creations)
4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

loved the pumpkin box and it was sure worth the wait, it is gorgeous. I hope that you continue to feel better. Love your blog and love receiving your emails thanks for all the inspiration
upnurse at aol dot com

Paper Ribbons said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your tooth. I hope you are doing better. I love all of you work Marlene. Just became a follower.

Gabriela Sandoval said...

I love your fall pumpkin project it turned out great and this release is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Gabriela

gaby@hispaniclifestyle.com

lydiawalker said...

wow wow wow this is amazing xxx such a beautiful box xxxx

pruttybird said...

Glad you're feeling better ... Nothing worse than an achy tooth! Love your treat box. Great idea :)

pruttybird at comcast dot net

Saundra said...

Marlene, your box is perfect! I love all the detail you put into your projects. You are such an inspiration! I am so glad that you are feeling better.

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Donna F said...

You are so creative! I really do enjoy seeing what projects you come up with. This Hop has been so fun! Thanks for your inspiration!

CarolynG said...

Adorable 3D pumpkin. You did a fantastic job.

D- said...

Glad you are feeling better.
Love your Autumn box. TFS.
dmcardmaker (at AOL)
(email follower)

Pam said...

I just love your pumpkin! It's just beautiful! I would love to make one! You did a wonderful job!
Pam
pamdanner1973@gmail.com

Wendy Kuhn said...

Love this project. Glad you are feeling better! Hoping I win! :)

Wendy Kuhn said...

Love this project! Hope I win! :)

Wendy Kuhn said...

Love this project. Glad you are feeling better! Hoping I win! :)

Karen said...

halloween pumpkin perfection. marvelous project.
karen www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

puffnstuff39 said...

The box is absolutely great! I love it! Great job! Hugs, Jeanne

Kathy Salido said...

What a gorgeous box Marlene, definately worth the wait!! Love the new release.
Kathy
Salido99@msn.com
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Great project. I love your 3d pumpkin. TFS AJ-
jeria22@yahoo.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

What an ADORABLE pumpkin Marlene!!! LOVE it!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.