Sunday, September 30, 2012

Whimsie Doodles DT Post - Halloween Sentiments 2 Card Set

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression2, Cricut Cartridges(Craft Room Basics, Cricut Essentials), The Paper Company(White, Black), Bazzill Basics(Tangelo), DCWV(Midnight Spell), Whimsie Doodles(Halloween Sentiments2), My Craft Spot("Orange Devine" Devine Twine), Nestabilities "Lg Circles", Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, Marvy LePen(Black), Misc(Buttons).
Finished Sized: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".

~*~

Hi!

Welcome to my DT Day over at Whimsie Doodles!

Can you believe that today is the LAST day of September?! Where has the month gone? As I walk into many department stores the Halloween Decorations are everywhere, the costumes are out for purchase and the aisle are filled with Candy. October is HERE.

Today I have a quick Set of 3 Halloween Cards using the "Halloween Sentiments 2012" from Whimsie Doodles' September Release.

Hopping Day - Halloween Sentiments 2012 Collection


I used THREE(3) Sentiments from the SIX(6) Sentiments included in the "Halloween Sentiments 2012" Collection. You can find them in the "Holidays & Events - Halloween" section of the store.

Best Witches - Halloween Sentiments 2012 Collection.

All the cards were based on an older sketch by The Pink Elephant  - TPE159.


I love the simplicity of the sketch and how it allows the "Halloween Sentiements 2012" to be the focal point of the card.

Boo - Halloween Sentimenst 2012 Collection

The "Halloween Sentiments 2012" were sized to about 2" using Microsoft Word and then cut and embossed with my Nestabilities Lg Circle Dies.

Hopping Day - Halloween Sentiments 2012 Collection

The Upper Crest Border was made using my Cricut Expression2, as was the large black circle mat - 2-1/2".


I tied some "Orange Devine" Devine Twine - available for purchase at My Craft Spot - around the border strip and embellished with a mix of Purple, Green and Orange Buttons.


I couldn't just leave the inside of the cards blank, so using Photoshop Elements I erased the borders and wording from the "Halloween Sentiments 2012" leaving only the image. I then used MS Word to recolor the image and enlarge it to fit inside of the card. Each card's inside matches the "Halloween Sentiment 2012" used on the card front.

Best Witches - Halloween Sentiments 2012 Collection.


I hope you have enjoyed my quick Halloween Card Set using the "Halloween Sentiments 2012".

Be sure to check out the Whimsie Doodles Store for more ADORABLE images.

For more DOODLELICIOUS inspiration, be sure to check the Whimise Doodles Blog EVERYDAY! 

And don't forget to join us for Whimsie Doodles' October Release on Friday, October 5th! You won't want to miss it!

 ~*~
This project will also be entered into the following challenges:

Paper Issues - Halloween Harvest


0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.