Saturday, September 15, 2012

Whimsie Doodles September Challenge - Back to School

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
WhimsieDoodles Stamps(Apple Lizzie), Cricut Expression2, Cricut Cartridge(Accent Essentials), The Paper Company(Black Cardstock), My Mind's Eye(School Daze 6x6 Pad), My Craft Spot("Buttercup" Crinkle Ribbon, "Cherry Devine" Devine Twine, "Butterfly Kisses" Stamp Set), PrismaColor Pencils(PC924, PC939, PC912, PC945, PC927), Crayola Color Pencils, Misc(Button).
Finished Size: 5-1/4" x 5-1/4"

~*~

For My Craft Spot's DT Post, click HERE.

~*~

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to Whimsie Doodles' September 2012 Monthly Challenge!

We are half way into Spetember and most of us have quickly adjusted to the BACK TO SCHOOL routine of every morning. And this exactly what this month's Whimsie Doodles Challenge is all about - BACK TO SCHOOL!!

Simply create a card, layout, project, etc with a BACK TO SCHOOL theme.

This month we will have TWO (2) lucky winners for the challenge! One (1) lucky winner will be drawn at random to win a FREE Whimsie Doodles image, of their choice, from our latest release. And the second winner will join our team as a Guest Artist in November 2012!!

Make sure to check out our Monthly Challenge Details Page for all rules and specifics.

~*~

For my BACK TO SCHOOL card, I used the NEW "Apple Lizzie" Digital Image. "Apple Lizzie" is available in our WHAT'S NEW section - along with a few other School Friends - for the remainder of the month. Afterwards, be sure to look for her in the SCHOOL DIGI'S section.


The card is based on an older CPS Sketch #279.


I used the NEW My Mind's Eye School Daze 6x6 Paper Pad, purchased at the Paper Issues Store. Be sure to check the sidebar for your 20% off discount code.


"Apple Lizzie" was colored with a mixture of my PrismaColor Pencils and Crayola Color Pencils. I paper pieced her skirt from a piece of the My Mind's Eye School Daze Red Plaid Paper.


 I used some of My Craft Spot's "Buttercup" Crinkle Ribbon to make a double-loop bow. I centered the bow with a "Cherry Devine" Devine Twine - available at My Craft Spot - button. I added a small leave cut with my Cricut to turn the button into an apple.


The inside of the card was left simple. I used a "Sending you Happy Thoughts" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Butterfly Kisses" Stamp Set.


NOW, its YOUR turn! Create a NEW - no backlinking please -  BACK TO SCHOOL project and link it up to the Whimsie Doodles Blog by  Tuesday, September 25th 11:59PM CST for your chance to win a FREE Whimsie Doodles Image.


1 comments :

Paper Ribbons said...

Marlene, I just love your card! That image is so cute.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.