Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Craft Spot DT Post - Best Witches...

Pin It Now!
Supplies Used:
My Craft Spot("Best Witches" Stamp Set, "Toadally Green" Crinkle Ribbon, "Orange Licorice" Trendy Twine, "Buttercup" Trendy Twine), Cricut Expression2, Cricut Cartridges(Create A Critter2, Plantin SchoolBook), Bazzill Basics Cardstock(QuickSand, Pollen, Parakeet), Echo Park Paper(Chillingsworth Manor), My Mind's Eye(Bright Side2 - broom stick), Peachy Keen Stamps(Critter Faces), Stickles(Eucalyptus, Diamond Black), Queen & Co Pearls(Pearl), Wild Orchid Crafts(small orange Rose)

~*~

Hello Everyone,

Thank You for joining me over at My Craft Spot today! 

It's technically my week off from DT Assignments, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to create an adorable shaped card for this week's EMBOSS IT! Challenge. For FULL details on the challenge, click HERE.

So without further ado, I send you all my Best Witches with this Witch Turtle Shaped Card. 
She was cut from the new Cricut Create A Critter 2 Cartridge at 5-1/2". I cut the Witch Hat and Belly from some scraps I had left from Echo Park Paper Chillingsworth Manor 6x6 Paper Pad.


 I replaced the original Hat Buckle for some of My Craft Spot's "Toadally Green" Crinkle Ribbon. I folded the ribbon in half lengthwise to make it thinner to fit around the Witch's Hat. Detailed it with some Black Diamond Stickles and a Rose from Wild Orchid Crafts.


I EMBOSSED her Belly with the Tiny Mosaic Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and added some Eucalyptus Stickles to the edges. 


No Witch is complete without her trusty Broom. I cut out the Broom Stick from a scrap piece from the My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side2 6x6 Paper Pad.


I replaced the Broom Bristles with some "Buttercup" Twinery Twine - available HERE at My Craft Spot. Some "Chocolate Truffle" Trendy Twine was used to hold the "Broom Bristles" together, but got hidden behind the Sentiment Tag.  


To the Broom, I added a tag stamped with the "Best Witches To You" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Best Witches To You" Stamp Set with some "Orange Licorice" Trendy Twine - available HERE at My Craft Spot.

 
 I used some of my homemade deminsionals between the back shell, body and top shell.


I stamped the inside of the Shaped Card with the "Happy Halloween" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Ghostly Greetings" Stamp Set. 


I hope you have enjoyed my "BEST WITCHES TURTLE" and have inspired you to use some of the amazing My Craft Spot products and use the stamps in creative ways.


If you haven't already joined this week's EMBOSS IT! challenge, there's still time!! You have until Monday, October 22nd 11:59PM MST to enter for your chance to win this week's prize!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.