Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Craft Spot DT Post - Ghostly Greetings

Supplies Used:
My Craft Spot("Stampin Around Fall" Stamp Set, "Best Witches" Stamp Set, "Ghostly Greetings" Stamp Set, "Midnight Black" Crinkle Ribbon, "Tiny Tags" Metal Dies, "Tiny Doiles" Metal Dies, "Orange Licorice" Trendy Twine, "Mandarin" Twinery Twine, "Black" Twinery Twine, "Bitty Bigger Bags"), Bazzill Basics Cardstock(Tangelo), The Paper Company(Black, White), Cricut Expression2, Cricut Cartridges(Plantin SchoolBook, Simply Charmed), Peachy Keen Stamps(Critter Faces), Queen & Co Pearls(Black), Misc(Buttons, Rhinestones, Hershey Chocolate Bars).

~*~ 

Hi Everyone, 

Thank You for joining me over at My Craft Spot today! 

I'm here today to share with you a FUN way to package up a quick and easy Halloween Treat plus a Card. Also PERFECT for this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #72 - A Treat For You! For FULL details on the challenge, please click HERE
 
 
I started by folding a Bigger Bitty Bag - available at My Craft Spot - in half and sewing around the edges to make a double-pocket paper sack. I learned this technique from Michelle Wooderson at Mish Mash.


I embellished the paper sack with a scallop border made with the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge and some of My Craft Spot's "Midnight Black" Crinkle Ribbon. I centered a ghost made from the Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge. 
 
 
 The small tag was made using the "Large Circle" and "Small Circle" dies from the "Tiny Doilies" Metal Dies. I then stamped the tag with the "Have a Boo-tiful Night" Sentiment from the "Best Witches" Stamp Set and hung it with some "Orange Licorice" Trendy Twine - available at My Craft Spot.


To the bottom right corner of the Bigger Bitty Bag - available at My Craft Spot - I add the "Happy Halloween" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Ghostly Greetings" Stamp Set. Embellished it with a Button Spider and two small pearls on each side.


The "GHOSTLY GREETINGS PAPER SACK" was then filled with a matching card and two pieces of candy. I made the card using papers from the Echo Park Paper Chillingsworth Manor 6x6 Paper Pad - I LOVE these papers!
 

 The card was based on the Mojo Monday Sketch #255


I replaced the "Top Note" cut for a layered "Scalloped Circle" from the Tiny Doilies" Metal Dies. I used the "Stampin Around Fall" Stamp Set centered with Ghost made with my Cricut.


The inside of the card was stamped with the "Ghostly Greetings" Sentiment from the from the My Craft Spot "Ghostly Greetings"Stamp Set.
 
 
The candy pieces were wrapped in patterned paper and tied with some "Mandarin" and "Black" Trendy Twine - available HERE - with a tag made from My Craft Spot's "Tiny Tags" Metal Dies. "Boo" Sentiment from the "Best Witches" Stamp Set. "Oct 31" from the "Ghostly Greetings"Stamp Set.
 
 
If you're still with me, I hope you have enjoyed my "GHOSTLY GREETINGS PAPER SACK" and have inspired you to use some of the amazing My Craft Spot products and use the stamps in creative ways.


If you haven't already joined this week's A TREAT FOR YOU! challenge, there's still time!! You have until Monday, October 15th 11:59PM MST to enter for your chance to win this week's prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.