Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Craft Spot DT Post - Hippo Witch Shaped Card

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression2, Cricut Cartridges(Create A Critter, Paper Doll Dress Up, Doodlecharms), The Paper Company(Black & White Cardstock), Best Occasion(Purple Cardstock), Bazzill Basics(Black Tie Cardstock), My Craft Spot("Best Witches To You" Stamp Set, "Marmalade" Crinkle Ribbon, Traditional "Black Licorice" Twine), Peachy Keen Stamps(Med. Critter Faces), Queen & Co Pearls(Midnight Black), Stickles(Purple), Misc(Tulle, Target $1 Spot Patterned Paper)
Finished Size: approx 5.75"w x 6.25"h

~*~

Hello!

Thank You for joining me for my DT Day over at My Craft Spot!

Today I want to share a card that I designed for My Craft Spot's "Wild About You" Challenge, but never got around to showing. Introducing HIPPO WITCH!

She's been patiently waiting to be put together and I thought this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge # 71 "Boo To You" was a PERFECT occasion to do so. For FULL details on the challenge, please click HERE.

HIPPO WITCH was designed using the "Hippo" from the Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge size at 5" and the "Witch Hat" from the Cricut Paper Dolls Dress Up Cartridge at 3". I replaced the largest circle on the "Hippo" with a Spider from the Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge sized at 1-1/8". The smaller circles were covered up with a Black Pearl.


She's ready for HALLOWEEN - this week's challenge - all dressed up with her Tulle Tutu attached with some Traditional "Black Licorice" Twine - available HERE at My Craft Spot.


For her Witch Hat, I made a small bow out of My Craft Spot's "Candied Orange" Crinkle Ribbon. I folded the "Candied Orange" Crinkle Ribbon in half to fit the size of the Witch Hat die cut and then made my bow, added some more tulle and a small pearl to center it all.


I tucked a sentiment strip stamped with the first phase of the "Hip Hip Hooray, Today is Candy Day!" from the My Craft Spot "Best Witches to You" Stamp Set - keep reading/looking for the second part.


To the tip of her Witch Hat, I hung a spider from the Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge cut at 1" with some of the  Traditional "Black Licorice" Twine.


 The second part of the "Hip Hip Hooray, Today is Candy Day!" Sentiment for the card's inside.


I made a little rebelish and gave her a Spider Tattoo.


I hope to have inspired you to use some of the amazing My Craft Spot products and use the stamps in creative ways.

If you haven't already joined this week's BOO TO YOU! challenge, there's still time!! You have until Monday, October 8th 11:59PM MST to enter for your chance to win this week's prize!

Thank You for joining me at My Craft Spot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.