Monday, October 1, 2012

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #71 - Tomb It May Concern

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression2, Cricut Cartridges(Simply Charmed, Flower Shoppe, Freshly Picked, Life's A Party, Birthday Bash), The Paper Company(Black, White - NonTextured), Core'dinations(Grey), Bazzill Basics(Black Tie, Avalanche), Echo Park Paper(Chillingsworth Manor - Grey), DCWV(Midmight Spell - Purple Flowers), My Craft Spot("Best Witches To You" Stamp Set, "Deep Purple" Crinkle Ribbon, Traditional "Black Licorice" Twine),  Maya Road(Tricket Stick Pin), Misc(Glass White Hean Pins).
Finished Size: approx 4" x  5-3/4"

~*~

Hi Everyone!


Its OFFICIALLY October!! And only 30 days to HALLOWEEN!!

This week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #71 - BOO TO YOU is all about HALLOWEEN. Simply create a NEW - no backlinking, please - Halloween Card or Project.

My BOO TO YOU(Halloween) Project, was inspired by the "Tomb It May Concern" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Best Witches To You" Stamp Set.


As soon as I saw the sentiment, I knew I wanted to make a Tomb Shaped Card. I used the "Headstone" image from the Cricut Simply Cricut cut at 5-1/2".


I wanted to give the Tomb an elegant yet SPOOKY/HALLOWEEN feel. I embellished the Tomb with a Black "Flower Vine" from the Cricut Freshly Picked "Gate" image at 4".


The "Flower Vine" was cut several times to give the card some deminsion.


The Mini Roses are the "Scallop4" Flower from the Cricut Flower Shoppe Cartridge cut at various sizes and centered with a glass head pin.


I then added a "RIP" sign cut at 1/2" from the Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge. The scroll is from the Cricut Life's A Party  "Tombstone", all the cuts were hidden leaving only the scroll at 4.25".


To the Tomb's step, I added a double-loop bow made from My Craft Spot's "Deep Purple" Crinkle Ribbon. I added some Traditional "Black Licorice" Twine - available at My Craft Spot - and inserted a Maya Road Stick Pin painted Black.


To the card's inside I used the "Have a Hauntingly Delightful Halloween"  from the My Craft Spot "Ghostly Greetings" Stamp Set.


If you're still with me, I hope you have been inspired by my "TOMB IT MAY CONCERN" Shaped Card, and join us over at My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #71 - BOO TO YOU!

NOW, its YOUR turn! Create a NEW - no backlinking please -  BOO TO YOU! project and link it up to the My Craft Spot Blog by Monday, October 8th 11:59PM MST for your chance to win this week's prize.

~*~
This project will also be entered into the following challenges:

Paper Issues - Halloween Harvest



2 comments:

  1. Marlene...always checking in on your AWESOME projects is a highlight in my day. This tombstone is terrific (tombstones are NOT usually terrific)! LOL Love the side view so we could see the great detail! Please check out my button swap on the left side of my blog.
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.