Monday, October 8, 2012

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #72 - Spider Cider

Supplies Used:
My Craft Spot("Spooky Treats" Stamp Set, "Stampin Around Fall" Stamp Set", "Orange Marmalade" Crinkle Ribbon, "Orange Licorice" Twine),Cricut Expression2, Cricut Cartridges(Doodlecharms, Party Picks and Pennants, Plantin SchoolBook),Bazzill Basics Cardstock(Tangelo, Black Tie),  Echo Park Paper(Chillingsworth Manor), Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities, Memento Ink(Tuxedo Black), Sakura White Gelly Pen, Misc(Buttons, Liquor Bottles). 

~*~

Hello Everyone! 


This week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #72 - A TREAT FOR YOU is all about packing up some treats! Sharing treats with friends and neighbors is soo much fun and is even more so when the treats are all dresses up. This week we want to see YOUR fun way to dress up treats - no backlinking, please. Projects DON'T have to be Halloween related.

For my A TREAT FOR YOU project, I went with a Halloween theme and altered some mini liquor bottles. We are always thinking about Halloween treats for the little ones, - at least I am - so I thought it would be fun to create something for the adults on Halloween. 


I picked up three mini bottles of cream liquor in a Black Bottle at my local Liquor Store and the BEST part, they were only $1 each! I wrapped around some cardstock and patterned paper from the Echo Park Chillingsworth Manor 6x6 Paper Pad.


I cut out an oval using my Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies and sewed around the edges. The spider was cut from the Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge cut at 1.5" and popped out using my homemade dimensionals.


I cut sentiment strip from the Cricut Party Pick and Pennants Digital Cartridge and stamped it with the "Spider Cider" sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Spooky Treats" Stamp Set. Underneath it I added a scalloped border cut from the Cricut Plantain SchoolBook Cartridge. 


"Orange Marmalade" Crinkle Ribbon with an "Orange Licorice" Twine - available at My Craft Spot - centered button was tied around the bottle tops.


To the bottle caps, I added a small 3/4" circle cut from the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook stamped with the "Spider" Image from the My Craft Spot "Stampin Around Fall" Stamp Set.


I think these would make GREAT little treats for friends, neighbors, co-workers, or Party Favors at an adult Halloween Party. 

NOW, its YOUR turn! Create a NEW - no backlinking pleaseA TREAT FOR YOU! project and link it up to the My Craft Spot Blog by Monday, October 15th 11:59PM MST for your chance to win this week's prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.