Friday, January 11, 2013

My Craft Spot Inspiration - Snowballs for Sale!



Hello Everyone!

Thank You for joining me over at My Craft Spot for some inspiration using My Craft Spot products. 

Today's "Snowballs for Sale!" Jar Shaped Card was made with this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #81 - FROSTY DAYS in mind. When I think of FROSTY DAYS, I immediately think of SNOW!


 Inspired by a card created by Betsy from Paper, Scissors and Superheros, I started by making a shaped card using the mason jar cut from the Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge at 5". I then cut the inside layer from a sheet of the My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland 6x6 Pad. A second layer was added cut from Clear Craft Plastic to give the illusion of a real Glass Mason Jar filled with snowballs. 


 I then tied some of My Craft Spot's "Sky Blue" Crinkle Ribbon around the jar and made a double loop bow. I centered it with some Ivory Jute - available HERE at My Craft Spot - and a snowflake cut from the Cricut Winter Frolic Cartridge.


The mason jar was then filled with "Snowballs" by hot gluing white tinsel PomPoms to the Clear Craft Plastic.


The "Snowballs for Sale!" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Winter Wonderland" Stamp Set was stamped to a sign cut from the Cricut Freshly Picked Cartridge at 2" and made it a little longer. It was then inserted between the patterned paper and Clear Craft Plastic.


I completely forgot to take a picture of the inside. I cut out another jar layer and stamped it with the "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!" Sentiment and some Snowflake Images from the My Craft Spot "Winter Wonderland" Stamp Set.  But here is a quick dimension look at the Snowball Jar.


I hope you have enjoyed my "Snowballs for Sale!" Jar Shaped Card

If you haven't already joined this week's FROSTY DAYS Challenge, there's still time!!! You  have until Monday, January 14th 11:59pm MST to enter to win this week's prize!

Thank You for joining me at My Craft Spot!






~*~ Challenges  ~*~
 
 
 
(Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge; rarely use it)


*Really Reasonable Ribbon - RRR #63 "New Toys" + Ribbon Challenge
("New Toys": Prima Crystals, Jute, Tinsel Pom Poms)


*The Perfect Sentiment - PSC61 "Winter Wonderland"

17 comments:

  1. How adorable is this!!!!! The snowballs are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Love your idea for the snowballs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new follower & just want to say what A GREAT card....TFS!!!!
    texasgrama7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marlene! Hope you're well. Love , love this card!, I saw it on the news feed and I said... There's Marlene knocking it out of the park again... Lol. Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing. Love the snowballs.
    thejanner@xcelco.on.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute Marlene, the poms as snowballs are brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marlene! I saw this ADORABLE jar of snowflakes on My Craft Spot, and just HAD to come by and see it closer and tell you how very much I LOVE it. What an adorable idea. I hope you don't mind that I "lift" this idea and use it for myself. I really want to create one of these, and hope that you find it flattery that I want to copy your idea. Please stop by my blog and let me know if that's OK with you. I will, of course, give you credit for the idea. It's just TOO CUTE not to make one. Thanks for sharing this. I also had a lot of fun playing along in this week's challenge at My Craft Spot.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    P.S. I have a sweet little challenge blog and would LOVE to have you join in our challenges if you are able. Please check us out at:
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute project! I love the snowballs, great idea! Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!! Thanks for linking up with us again for our "Make It Sparkle" challenge at Use it Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous shaped card.Love the snowballs too.Thanks for joining us at LSP.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute I just love all the pom poms how fun!!
    Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.
    LSP--DT member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun project! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute card!! I love the little snowballs and the shaped jar card! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable take on our winter wonderland challenge at the perfect sentiment. thanks for joining us. this is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wicked cute makes me smile! Thanks so much for joining the "winter Blues" lsp challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.