Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Shop Pumpkin Spice Challenge #2 - Better with Coffee

Pin It Now!

Hello Everyone!


In case you haven't heard, Shop Pumpkin Spice will be having weekly challenges with a NEW Theme EVERY Saturday!! For FULL details on Rules and Guidelines, please visit the Pumpkin Spice Blog

This week's challenge is all about COFFEE/COCOA/TEA! Simply create a NEW - no backlinking, please - card, layout, project that makes you think of your favorite HOT DRINK(coffee, cocoa, tea).

~*~

As soon as I heard this week's COFFEE/COCOA/TEA challenge, I thought about my "SPOOKY K-CUP TREATS" I did back in October for Halloween and decided to spruce it up a bit for this challenge.


I used my Cricut Sweet Tooth Boxes Cartridge to cut out the bottom portion of the Square Box from Kraft Cardstock at 7" with a welded 1/2" rectangle to each side so the K-Cups would fit. 


Instead of using the Square Lid included in the cartridge, I created my own Flip Top Lid by taking a 4-1/4"w x 11" piece of Kraft Cardstock and scoring at 1-3/16th, 5-9/16th, and at 6-7/8th.


The K-Cup COFFEE Holder Insert was also tweaked from the original size. I took a 6-1/8th Square Insert and hid the circle cut-outs, then overlapped it with a 6-3/4 Square Insert with the frame hidden leaving only the circle cut-outs. Clear as Mud?


The box was then embellished using the NEW My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 Ruby Collection - available at ShopPumpkinSpice - based on the Deconstructed Sketch # 74.



The sentiment was stamped with my Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a circle cut from the Spellbinders Nestabilities Lg Circles and layered on an accent cut from the Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Accent Dies - Spellbinder Dies are available at ShopPumpkinSpice via Contact Form Request.


I couldn't leave the K-Cup COFFEE Box - CUT File available via comment request - lonely, so I created a quick card using the same sketch and My Mind's Eye Ruby Pad papers.


The only difference is that I changed the sentiment for another COFFEE related one.


Now, YOUR turn! Create a NEW - no backlinking, please - COFFEE/COCOA/TEA project and link it up to the Pumpkin Spice Blog by Friday, January 25th 11:59 PST for your chance to be this week's winner! I can't wait to see your project!


 
 
 
(Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Accent Dies)

*Glitter n Sparkle - Challenge #16 "Sentimental"
 
 
 

13 comments :

June Houck said...

This is absolutely lovely, Marlene. Your work is perfect and looks soooo professional. Beautiful card and box!

LuvScrappingTogether said...

Gorgeous, Marlene! You always blow me away with your beautiful creations! ~Hugs, Saundra :)

KimCreate said...

Seriously fabulous project!

Tara Bruening said...

Love the colors and its so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge.

Tara
PDE DT

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome! I will need to give this a try for sure. Thanks for inspiring me to try something new.
Have a blessed week, and thanks for joining us again this week.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Patrice said...

Great take on the inspiration...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-24.html?m=1

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

great love the sentiment thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

♥Jan♥ said...

This is incredibly beautiful, and still so useful ! I hope you will think about trying to get this published, it is so much better than the things I often see in magazines !! We were so glad to have you along with us for our punch out challenge at The Kraft Journal !!

Creative M said...

A Wonderful Project!Awesome Job!
Thanks for joining us at PDE "Desserts" Challenge.
Migdalia
PDE DT
Craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous gift set! Love your take on this weeks inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

KayM said...

Oh wow! Those are both so pretty!! You do beautiful work!

Anita Scroggins said...

That box is lovely, really great idea! Thanks for joining in the fun at ColourQ this week!

Sandra Farrell said...

Amazing - I love how you did this! Thanks for joining us at the Colour Q this week.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.