Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Shop Pumpkin Spice Challenge #4 - Blue Valentine

Pin It Now!
 
Hello Everyone,
 
 
In case you haven't heard, Shop Pumpkin Spice will be having weekly challenges with a NEW Theme EVERY Saturday!! For FULL details on Rules and Guidelines, please visit the Pumpkin Spice Blog.
 
This week's challenge is all about the BLUE, WHITE & ROUND! Simply create a NEW - no backlinking, please - card, layout, project, etc with the colors BLUE and WHITE - other colors welcomed - and an element that is ROUND - brads, buttons, sticker, etc.
 
~*~
 
I wasn't entirely sure which way to go with this challenge, until I saw the Deconstructing Sketch #86 by Jen Shults.
 
 
I immediately fell in love with all the ROUND Circles and the large middle Circle - ROUND - gave me a perfect excuse to use my  Sizzix Tim Holtz Rosette Die, I got from Shop Pumpkin Spice at a GREAT discounted price.
 
 
I used a few different pieces of Patterned Papers to make this card - all available at the ShopPumpkinSpice Store. The floral vine and polka dot background papers and the word printed circle are from the Carta Bella Devoted 6x6 Paper Pad. These papers are WONDERFUL to work with, the texture is AMAZING and have such a nice touch of BLUE color. I just didn't want to cut them up.
 
 
I used the second and third smallest dies from the  Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Circle Dies - available at Shop Pumpkin Spice via request - to cut out my Circles - ROUND - from BLUE and WHITE patterened papers.
 
 
The Paper Rosette was cut from a BLUE patterned paper from the Pink Paislee Declaration Collection I had in my stash. On top I added two small 1" Hearts cut with my Cricut from WHITE patterned paper. I inked the edges BLUE before running them thru my Xryon 1.5" Sticker Machine and using my Martha Stewart Glitter to make them sparkle. The BLUE "February 14" sentiment strip is from the Carta Bella Devoted Element Stickers Sheet.
 
 
For the inside of the card, I simply added some BLUE patterend paper from the Echo Park Paper A Boy's Life "Daydreamer" and left some blank space for a personal message.
 
 
Now, YOUR turn! Create a NEW - no backlinking, please - BLUE, WHITE & ROUND project and link it up to the Pumpkin Spice Blog by Friday, February 1st 11:59 PST for your chance to be this week's winner! I can't wait to see your project!

 
Not Shown: Pink Paislee Declaration Colletion(Rosette, Sm Circle)

3 comments :

LuvScrappingTogether said...

Your card is beautiful, Marlene! Your details are always amzing! I used the same sketch for my challenge card this week. Great minds! ~hugs, Saundra :)

Linda Roessler said...

Very cute! I like the non-traditional color for valentines day :)

Missy said...

Incredible Marlene, love the rosette and pretty sparkle on the hearts!!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.