Saturday, January 5, 2013

Shop Pumpkin Spice January Blog Hop - Celebrate 2013!!

Pin It Now!

 
Hello Everyone!
 
Welcome to Shop Pumpkin Spice's January 2013 Blog Hop!
 
We are all so super excited over at Shop Pumpkin Spice. This is our FIRST Blog Hop as part of the Shop Pumpkin Spice 2013 Design Team!
 
And as if thats not enough, we have a SUPER FUN announcement! Shop Pumpkin Spice is starting a WEEKLY CHALLENGE - starting TODAY! Simple Challenges, Randomly Chosen Winner, Weekly Prizes, etc. For more information on how the NEW Weekly Challenges will work, please visit the Shop Pumpkin Spice Blog.
 
If you've come from Heather's Blog - Houses Built of Cards, you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Shop Pumpkin Spice January 2013 Blog Hop, start HERE.
 
Each Design Team Member will be featuring an original project using products found at the Shop Pumpkin Spice Store. Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration!
 
Shop Pumpkin Spice's FIRST Weekly Challenge is all about celebrating the NEW YEAR!! Simply make something that makes you think of NEW YEARS! But be sure to FINISH the Blog Hop first. :)
 
~*~
 
For my SPS January 2013 Blog Hop project, I went with the NEW YEAR weekly challenge theme.
 
 
I made a quick card based on the Mojo Monday 261 Sketch.
 
 
 
I used some Bazzill Kraft Cardstock as my card's base and the beautiful My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland 6x6 Paper Pad I got from Shop Pumpkin Spice.
 
 
The large snowflake is a plastic ornament I picked up at Walmart during the Holidays. I layered it with a Paper Rosette I made using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Rosette Die I got from Shop Pumpkin Spice.  I ABSOLUTELY love this Rosette Die!! Its sooo much easier than scoring every 1/4" inch, I really recommend you get one.
 

 
 I glittered some Chipboard Thickers with Martha Stewart Glitter and added them to the Paper Rosette.
 
 
To the Fishtail Strip, I stamped the "Celebrate" Sentiment from the LaLa Land Crafts - New Year Marci Rubber Stamp with my Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad and added a small Prima Crystal to each side of the sentiment.
 

 
I finished off the card, by tying a bow with some white satin ribbon centered with some Stone Twinery Twine and a My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland Button.
 
 
To the inside of the card, I used another sentiment included with the LaLa Land Crafts - New Year Marci Rubber Stamp.
 
 
I hope you are still with me and have enjoyed my Celebrate 2013 Card using just some of the wonderful products you can find at Shop Pumpkin Spice.
 
Your next stop is Court from Court's Crafts. Go see what she has in store for you today... And when you're done, make sure to link up your project to Shop Pumpkin Spice's NEW YEAR'S Weekly Challenge to be entered to win this week's prize!
 

All Items Available at the Shop Pumpkin Spice Store.
 
 
~*~ Challenges ~*~
 
 *Really Reasonable Ribbon - RRR #63 "New Toys" + Ribbon Challenge
("New Toys": Prima Crystals, Rubber Stamp, Rosette Die, Martha Stewart Glitter)


20 comments :

Court said...

Very pretty card Marlene!

flowerdisco said...

marlene, how clever using that snowflake. i like your card and that double know is like perfect! :) i love you how added your supplies too. would love to know how to do it.
:D take care and i am so happy to be here.

Missy said...

This is so, so pretty Marlene! Great rosette and snowflake combo!!!

LuvScrappingTogether said...

Your card is beautiful, Marlene! So glad you are back to posting! ~Hugs, Saundra :)

okanogangirl said...

Beautiful! The colors are so clean and crisp.

Amanda
www.lovejoypaper.com

SugarGem said...

This is stunning

Houses Built of Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL card Marlene!!! LOVE the pretty colors - and the glitter!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Marianne said...

So elegant. Thanks for sharing. i am a new follower

Denine said...

Love the card Marlene. Gorgeous!
Hugs,

Lezlye said...

Gorgeous MArlene! Welcome to the team!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I love the papers, glittery numbers and rosette.

Creative M said...

WOW!!Gorgeous & Stunning!Great Job!

Kim's Kreations said...

Beautiful card. I love all the little details and embellishments and the color scheme is beautiful.
ogdendoll@gmail.com

DIANA L. said...

This is so Beautiful Marlene I love the colors and the sweet colors. I love the card, great design. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

So BEAUTIFUL Marlene! The details are fabulous and love the colors:) The rosette is so pretty and the glittery effects! Awesome project!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Naomi Edwards said...

Gorgeous card Marlene!! Love the colors and love the snowflake ornament as a base for your flower!!!! I just happened by so I will be starting at the beginning!!! This is awesome news, so happy to hear about the challenges etc!

Claire Spielman said...

WOW another gorgeous card...you have that touch!! Happy to see you are back on board in 2013. Stop by and we can swap buttons....just let me know.
Creative Wishes
Claire S
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Sugarlips said...

This is gorgeous. I love the rosette under the number.

Tanya said...

Beautiful card marlene!!

Kate (Small Bits of Paper) said...

This is so pretty, Marlene! I love the soft blues against the white - and the glitter is such a lovely touch too!

I was DELIGHTED to see your project on the MCS sidebar. What great news that you've managed to get your blog up and running again!! I've missed your inspiration!!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.