Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Craft Spot Inspiration - "Be Mine" Teddy Bears

Pin It Now!
 
Hello My Craft Spot Fans!!
 
Thank You for joining me over at My Craft Spot!
 
Valentine's Day is fast approaching and today I want to share with you some quick and easy Valentine Treats I'm working on for my son's Kindergarden class. Whick also happen to be PERFECT for this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #85 - Valentine's For Kids.
 
 
Using my Cricut Valentine's Sweets Digital Cartridge, I cut out these adorable little teddy bears at 3". I'm making these in blue for the boys and pink for the girls.  I used my Peachy Keen PK-754 Critter Faces Med to give each little bear a girly or boyish face.
 
 
To the little Girl Teddy Bears, I added a small bow made from some "Posy" Trendy Twine - available HERE at My Craft Spot.
 
 
I used some Removable Glue Dots to hold a piece of Dove Heart Chocolate, so the kids can easily take the candy off the little Teddy Bears. Underneath the chocolate, I tucked in a sentiment strip stamped with the "Be Mine" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set.

 
The back of the Teddy Bears was stamped with the "To:/From:" Sentiments from the My Craft Spot "Always & Forever" Stamp Set.
 
 
Now, you can't forget about the Teacher...so I made a small Teddy Bear Shaped Card cut only slightly bigger at 4".  I opted to go with a Boy Bear since I wanted it to resemble my son asking his teacher to be his Valentine - did that make any sense?.
 
 
This time instead of tucking the sentiment underneath, I placed a sentiment strip stamped with the "Be My Valentine" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Build A Valentine" Stamp Set on top of the chocolates.
 
 
I kept the Little KIDS VALENTINE Bears pretty simple because let's face it, they're not going to be looking at the inked edges, chalked cheeks, glittered heart - all they want is the CANDY. So for the Teacher's Bear Shaped Card, I added all those extra details.
 
 
For the inside, I used the "Happy Valentine's Day" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Always & Forever" Stamp Set.
 
 
I used my Xryon 1.5" Sticker Machine to adhere all of the smaller pieces of the Teddy Bears. And of course, it had to have some dimension and layers.
 
 
Warning: It is a VERY Top Heavy Card due to the weight of the chocolates, I do recommend using 2 or more pieces of Glue Dots to hold the candy. 
 
 
I hope to have inspired you to create some VALENTINE'S FOR KIDS.

Don't forget to link up your VALENTINE'S FOR KIDS at My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #85 - Valentine's For Kids by February 11th for your chance to win this week's prize.
 
I'd LOVE to hear you think of my "BE MINE" TEDDY BEARS, so be sure to leave me a comment.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 


4 comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.