Saturday, April 6, 2013

Shop Pumpkin Spice April Blog Hop & Challenge #14 - Shaped Spring Egg Card

 
Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Shop Pumpkin Spice's April 2013 Blog Hop!
 
Spring is starting to make its appearance around. Its been slow coming, but its getting here. In my area we are starting to enjoy a few afternoons of warmer weather and just yesterday I saw a FULL row of grown Daffodils.
 
If you've come from Saundra's Blog - Luv Scrapping Together, you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Shop Pumpkin Spice April 2013 Blog Hop, start HERE.
 
Each Design Team Member will be featuring an original project using products found at the Shop Pumpkin Spice Store. Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration!

In addition, its time for ShopPumpkinSpice's Weekly Challenge #14!!

Thi week's challenge is all about celebrating with EGGS! Simply make a project including an EGG or EGGS - interpreted ANY way you'd like.
 
~*~
 
With the weather in the afternoons and all the birds chirping, I was inspired to create a quick Spring EGG Shaped Card.
 
 
This adorable little chickie in EGG is from the Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge cut at 4.5". I cut the EGGshell from some Carta Bella's Natural White Linen Cardstock - just LOVE this cardstock's texture - and then sprinkled some Martha Stewart Glitter. I layered a piece of Echo Park's Sweet Day pattern paper underneath the "EGGshell" for a quick design look.
 
 
I tied some "Petal Pink" Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot around the "EGGshell" and tucked in a sentiment strip underneath a yellow Prima Mulberry Rose.
 
 
I gave the little chickie a cute face with my Peachy Keen "Critter Faces" Stamp inked with Memento "Tuxedo Black" Ink and some rosy cheeks. I added a small bow made from some "Blossom" Twinery Twine and centered it with a small pearl.
 
 
I hope you are still with me and have enjoyed my SPRING EGG SHAPED CARD using just some of the wonderful products you can find at Shop Pumpkin Spice.
 

Your next stop is Carissa from Happily Ever Paper Crafter. Go see what she has in store for you today... And when you're done, make sure to link up your project to Shop Pumpkin Spice's EGG(S) Weekly Challenge to be entered to win this week's prize!
 
 
I'd LOVE to hear what you think of my SPRING EGG SHAPED CARD so be sure to leave me a comment.
 


12 comments:

  1. So Pretty Marlene! Love your use of the ribbons and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. marlene, your card is adorable. i like the stamped eyes and the cheeks...so cute! i like those cracked eggs. tfs all the details.
    miss you around girl...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute, shaped card! I love this sweet chick and the pretty papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Marlene, I like the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! Love the cute chick and broken egg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute! Love the details...the twine bow at top, flower and ribbon on side, glitter on shell.
    JenE, ScrappyJenE@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the glitter paper on the egg!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling chick in the egg! Love the dots!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.