Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Craft Spot Inspiration - Official Beach Bum Coloring Kit

Pin It Now!
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Thank You for joining me today for some My Craft Spot Inspiration!
 
WARNING: LONG and PICTURE HEAVY Post
 
Summer is HERE and there is nothing more FUN than heading down to the Beach on the weekend. However, keeping TWO small kids entertained for a 1.5 hour drive to the Beach is QUITE hard and nerve wrecking - and let's not mention if we hit traffic. We do the usual Nintendo DS, DVDs, iPhone Games, etc, but they soon get bored. So I created a MINI BEACH BUM KIT filled with Coloring Book, Crayons, and a Sweet Treat - also PERFECT for this week's My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #103 - Wrap It Up.
 
 
I cut the Bag from the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge at 6.5".  I created a quick Beach Scene using several Cricut Cartridges and papers from the Echo Park Hello Summer Collection. The Sandcastle is from the Create A Critter Cartridge at 2.5" and Crab at 1.5".  The Sand is from the Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up cut at 1" twice and the Waves are from the Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge cut at .75". The "Sand" was misted with "Pearl" Glimmer Mist - but you can't really see it in the pictures - and I added "Baby Blue" Stickles to the edge of the "Waves".
 
 
Some of My Craft Spot's "Sunshine Yellow" Crinkle Ribbon was tied around the handle and used Natural Jute - available HERE at My Craft Spot - to attach the Tiny Doily Tag stamped with the "Official Beach Bum" Sentiment from the NEW My Craft Spot "Stampin Around Summer' Stamp Set.
 
 
The Mini Coloring Book using the "SquareL1-4 + Band" Album from the Cricut Mini Book Cartridge cut at 4". Keeping with the Beach Theme, I cut the "Beach Ball" from the Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge at 1.875" and added it to the Album's Band with a Pop-Dot.
 
 
I used the NEW My Craft Spot "Small Alphabet" Metal Dies to create the "Coloring Book" title. I ran the tiny letters thru my Xyron 1.5 Create A Sticker Machine and then added them to the cover. Running them thru the Xyron 1.5 Create A Sticker Machine was much easier than using my tape runner or any other adhesive.
 
 
The Coloring Book opens to reveal 8 Mini Pages of Coloring Fun.
 
 
These adorable Beach Themed coloring pages use Digital Stamps from the July 2011 Release from my FAVORITE Digital Stamp place - Whimsie Doodles. I think it turned out soo CUTE, I wish you could all see it in person.
 
 
 

 
 
I used a Medium Glassine Bag - purchased from Etsy Store SpiralSage - to hold some crayons. I embellished the bag with a "Shiny Sun" from the Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge cut at 2.375" and a strip of Echo Park Hello Summer paper and tied around with some "Pink Lemonade" Trendy Twine - available HERE at My Craft Spot - and a "Crayons" Label made using the NEW My Craft Spot "Small Alphabet" Metal Dies.
 
 
And lastly I added a Clear Test Tube filled with some GoldFish Crackers for a quick snack. I wrapped some "Blue Berry Blue" Trendy Twine - available HERE at My Craft Spot - and tied a tag made with the "Tiny Tags" Metal Dies stamped with "Sweet Treats" Sentiment from the NEW My Craft Spot "Tiny Tags 3" Stamp Set.  I added some waves that were Stickled and ran thru my Xyron 1.5 Create A Sticker Machine to the bottom of the Test Tube.
 
 
I hope that you liked and enjoyed my OFFICIAL BEACH BUM COLORING KIT. I'd LOVE to see your Mini Beach Bum Kit made using My Craft Spot Products.
 
Pinit
And don't forget to join in on My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #103 - Wrap It Up. You have until Monday, July 15th 11:59pm MST for your chance to win this week's prize.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 


9 comments :

LuvScrappingTogether said...

This is so adorable, Marlene! Love the fun elements! Beautiful job, as always! ~hugs, Saundra

Creative M said...

This is absolutely AMAZING!!! Cheerful, Fun ad SUPER cute!!Love it! Great job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

KimCreate said...

What child wouldn't delight to see a cute activity set! Spectacular!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Super cute, Marlene! Love the coloring pages and all of the fun embellishments you made for each item in your beach bum coloring kit! WOW!!

Cheri said...

This is such a cute project. It will be so much fun for your kids.
Cheri - John 3:16
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Fabulous Marlene, that will keep the kiddos busy, I love the coloring book. Awesome, awesome!!!! ;)

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Amazing. All of your projects are above and beyond !! You are super talented !! Thank you for sharing !!
Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

Pam said...

This is absolutely wonderful!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Joy said...

Awesome project...so cleaver and adorable !!!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.