Monday, August 5, 2013

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #107 - Thinking of You...

Pin It Now!
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Welcome to My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #107!
 
This week's challenge is all about being CLEAN & SIMPLE! Simply create a NEW - no backlinking, please - CLEAN & SIMPLE project.
 
I have to admit this challenge was a toughy for me. I'm not much of a CLEAN & SIMPLE kinda crafter. CLEAN - yes, SIMPLE - no. I like my pattern papers, layers, glitter, ribbon, jute, pearls, etc. This is as CLEAN & SIMPLE as it gets for me.
 
 
I had a little help from this week's Clean & Simple Fall to Layout #251 and went with a Sympathy Card since I felt it had more of a CLEAN & SIMPLE feel. I did manage to get some pattern papers from the My Mind's Eye Hattie 6x6 Pad and a slight layer in there. I made a scalloped border using the largest "Round Banner" from the My Craft Spot's "Tiny Banners and Toppers" Metal Dies.
 
 
My Craft Spot's "Vanilla Bean" Crinkle Ribbon was wrapped around and tied into a SIMPLE bow layered with some Black Jute String - available at My Craft Spot. I didn't have the right color of Blue Rose, so I colored a white Rose with my Blue Jazz Glimmer Mist - SIMPLE enough, right?
 
 
I added the "Thinking of You..." Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "With Deepest Sympathy" Stamp Set to the bottom right corner.
 
 
I also used the My Craft Spot "With Deepest Sympathy" Stamp Set for the inside sentiment.
 
 
I hope my THINKING OF YOU Card has inspired you to create a CLEAN & SIMPLE card - or at least try like I did.
 
 
NOW, its YOUR turn! Link up your CLEAN & SIMPLE project to the My Craft Spot Blog by Monday, August 12th 11:59 MST for your chance to win this week's prize.
 


4 comments :

Sherrie K. said...

Marlene, your card is just stunning! The papers are so pretty and elegant! The stitching is awesome and I love the flower cluster! Beautiful card as always!
Sherrie K

Claire Spielman said...

Wonderful card BUT I also can't do clean and simple!! It's just not in my DNA...LOL Thanks for sharing your beautiful design...hope you don't have to give it to anyone!!
Creative Wishes
Claire S
www.scrapmyway.blogpot.com

Creative M said...

very Beautiful...
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

byheleng said...

such a gorgeous card and love the sentiment! Thank you for the inspiration!
(Helen G.)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.