Saturday, August 3, 2013

Shop Pumpkin Spice August Blog Hop & Challenge #31 - My Sunshine...

 
Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Shop Pumpkin Spice's August 2013 Blog Hop!
 
Although many of us are getting ready or getting the kids ready to go Back To School, Summer is still here with lots of SUNSHINE. My family and I will be using these last few days of SUNSHINE wisely. We plan to do a few bbqs, go down to the beach and take a weekend vacation. What are your plans for August?
 
If you've come from Courtney - Court's Crafts, you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Shop Pumpkin Spice August 2013 Blog Hop, start HERE.

Each Design Team Member will be featuring an original project using products found at the Shop Pumpkin Spice Store. Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration!

In addition, its time for ShopPumpkinSpice's Weekly Challenge #31!!

This week's challenge is all about SUNSHINE! Simply make a project including some SUNSHINE - interpreted ANY way you'd like.
 
Taking advantage of the last days of summer, I made a quick card full of SUNSHINE before having to start on some Autumn projects.
 
 
My SUNSHINE Card was inspired by the beautiful SUN SVG File Freebie from Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons. I made a quick shadow for it in SCAL and cut it out of Carta Bella's Natural White Linen Cardstock.
 
 
The first layer of the SUN was cut using my Echo Park Paper Sweet Day 6x6 Pad - as are the rest of the patterned papers used for the card. The rest of the SUN was cut using some Bazzill Cardstock. I added some Spiced Marmalade Stickles around the edges of the SUN for a little SUNSHINE glow.
 
 
To the top left corner, I added two small sentiment strips stamped using the Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad - my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE Black Ink Pad. I added a small button tied with some Buttercreme Baker's Twine - available at Shop Pumpkin Spice.
 
 
Here is a quick look at the inside, which I left blank for later.
 
 
I hope you are still with me and have enjoyed my SUNSHINE CARD using just some of the wonderful products you can find at Shop Pumpkin Spice.
 
 
Your next stop is Denine - Shop Pumpkin Spice Blog. Go see what she has in store for you today... And when you're done, make sure to link up your project to Shop Pumpkin Spice's SUNSHINE Weekly Challenge to be entered to win this week's prize!


I'd LOVE to hear what you think of my SUNSHINE CARD so be sure to leave me a comment.
 

15 comments:

  1. Love this, Marlene! There are so many fun elements! ~Hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun little card, Marlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute sunshine card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. marlene, what a pretty card, as always and...i heard lots of good things happening your way and i bring to you a truckload of well deserved congrats, :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally beautiful card Marlene! LOVE the colors - and the layers on the sunshine!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super great card! That sun makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Further proof of why you got on the Xyron team...fabulous card once again!! Always fun to stop by and see your creative work.
    Creative Wishes
    Claire S
    www.scrapmyway.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card Melanie! Love the shimmery accents! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card! I love the stickles. Perfect way to add sparkling sunshine! Thank you for joining our "Ode to Sunshine " challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. ~ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card Marlene I love the little extras you added to the fun sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this sweet card! The patterns and colors you chose are just perfect! Thank you so much for joining us for the PPPR Summer Fun Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such an awesome card!!!! love it!!!! thanks for playing with us at PPPR!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love your card. The glitter on the sun rays is a great touch. Thanks for joining the PPPR Summer Fun challenge. Melisa PPPR DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card, you mixed your patterned paper so perfectly great job!! Thanks for linking up with us over at PPPR!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just awesome. Love the papers. Thanks for joining us at PPPR

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.