Monday, September 2, 2013

My Craft Spot Fall 2013 Stamp Release Party Sneak Peak #1.2 - Sunflower Jar

Pin It Now!
 
Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the My Craft Spot Fall 2013 Stamp Release Party Sneak Peek #1.2!
I've created TWO Sneak Peeks for today, for Sneak Peek 1.1 scroll down or click HERE.
Happy Labor Day to everyone in the US & Canada!
Not only are we celebrating Labor Day today, but it is also the FIRST day of My Craft Spot's Fall 2013 Stamp Release Party! Kimberly and My Craft Spot's very own Design Team Member Robin from Robin's Creative Cottage have been HARD at work designing WONDERFUL Stamp Sets and Metal Dies.
All week long, the My Craft Spot DT will be featuring Sneak Peeks from ONE of 5 NEW Stamp Sets and 2 NEW Metal Dies! Then on Saturday, September 7th, we will have a Stamp Release Party Blog Hop! There will be TONS of prizes along the way, so you won't want to miss it!

All of the NEW Stamp Sets and Metal Dies will available for purchase on Saturday, September 7th.

Today's Sets is Jar Basics Stamp Set and Jar Basics Metal Dies!
 
I'm just having SOOO much fun with the NEW Jar Basics Stamp Set and Jar Basics Metal Dies that I had to create a SECOND card. Click HERE for my first Sneak Peek.
 
 
My Craft Spot's Jar Basics Metal Dies are so versatile you can fill them with anything you can think of. For this card, I fill the Jar with some Sunflowers from Miss Kate Cuttables. I added some Brown Flocking to the centers by passing the center pieces thru my Xyron 1.5" Create - A - Sticker Machine.
 
 
I cut out the "Large Jar" twice - one for the white background and one using some Clear Craft Plastic. I lightly inked the white background with some blue ink to make it look as if the Jar was filled with water - although you can't really tell from this picture.
 
 
I then stamped the Clear Craft Plastic with the "Large Jar" Stamp using my VersaMark ink and embossed it in white. This is actually the FIRST time I use this embossing technique and I think it turned out ok. But next time I will be more careful and make sure ALL extra embossing powder is removed before using my heat gun.
 
 
Wrapped around the Jar is some Kraft Trendy Twine - available at My Craft Spot. I added the small tag from the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED "Jar Basics" Metal Dies and stamped it with the "Friend" Sentiment from the Jar Basics Stamp Set.
 
 
My Craft Spot's "Vanilla Bean" Crinkle Ribbon was tied around the card and layered with some "Brown" Jute String - available at My Craft Spot - centered with a button.
 
 
I based the card on this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch #139.

 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my Sneak Peek 1.2 "Sunflower Jar" Card for the My Craft Spot Fall 2013 Stamp Release Party.
 
 
For my Sneak Peek 1.1, click HERE.
 
 
To see more "Sneak Peaks" of the "Jar Basics" Stamp Set and "Jar Basics" Metal Dies - available for purchase on Saturday, please visit My Craft Spot Blog. You don't want to miss it!
But Wait!!

What is a Stamp Release Party without some giveways?

Stamp Release Party Giveaways:

Each day this week, Kimberly from My Craft Spot will have a fun prize for ONE lucky follower! Then, on Saturday, each stop on the Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamp Sets or Metal Dies! That's a total of 9 Blog Hop Prizes!!

For the most chances to win awesome prizes this week:


1. Leave a COMMENT ON EACH Sneak Peek post on the My Craft Spot Blog this week ( Monday thru Friday).

2. Leave a second comment letting Kimberly know that you placed the FALL 2013 Stamp Party Button on your Blog or Facebook. ( You can do this each day if you'd like!)

My Craft Spot


3. Join us for the BLOG HOP on Saturday! Each DT on the Blog Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamps Sets!!
Be sure to check back in on Tomorrow, September 2nd, for another Sneak Peek at a NEW Stamp Set! Now, head on over to My Craft Spot for more Sneak Peeks and your chance to win!
 

5 comments :

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the dimension & variety of texture on this Sunflower Card.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

jessica said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the big jar and those flowers are AWESOME!!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Monday!
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

teachdanz said...

this is gorgeous Marlene!! another great card and that jar die looks so fun :-)

mamawcindy said...

Oh, I (LOVE) your Sunflower Jar Card and I Love that you shared how you made it. It's just Awesome! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

love the flowers
upnurse at aol dot com

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.