Saturday, October 5, 2013

Shop Pumpkin Spice October Blog Hop & Challenge #40 - Acorn Autumn Wishes

Pin It Now!
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Happy World Card Making Day!!
 
Welcome to Shop Pumpkin Spice's October 2013 Blog Hop!
 
If you've come from Carissa's Blog - Happily Ever Paper Crafter, you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Shop Pumpkin Spice October 2013 Blog Hop, start HERE.

Each Design Team Member will be featuring an original project using products found at the Shop Pumpkin Spice Store. Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration!
 
In addition, its time for ShopPumpkinSpice's Weekly Challenge #40!!
Thi week's challenge is all about the GREEN & BROWN! Simply make a project that makes you think of GREEN & BROWN (other colors welcomed).
 
~*~
 
When I think of GREEN & BROWN it reminds me of the Fall Foliage, leaves turning colors and the million little acorns that fall from my front door tree. So even though its World Card Making Day, I opted to create a 3D Acorn Box.
 
 
I used the Acorn Box from My Scrap Chick and cut it out at its original imported size. The Acorn Box Base and Acorn Lid Base were cut from Core'dinations Cardstock I got from the Shop Pumpkin Spice Store and adhered together using Xyron® 1/2" Double-Sided High Tack Tape . I ran the stem pieces thru my Xyron® 1.5" Sticker Maker and used the Xyron® 3” Sticker Maker to adhere another layer to the top of the Acorn Box Lid.
 
 
I used some BROWN Core'dinations Glitter Silk Cardstock and embossed it with my Argyle Embossing Folder for the Acorn's Lid. To give the lid some more dimension, I curved each piece and added a small strip of Xyron® 1/4" Double-Sided High Tack Tape to each end before adhering to the base.
 
 
I repeated the same steps with the bottom portion of the Acorn Box using a GREEN sheet paper from the My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side ONE I got from the  Shop Pumpkin Spice Store.
 
 
I embellished the Acorn's Box Lid with a bow made from some Raffia, pieces from a Fall Berry Pick(GREEN - as in recycled), GREEN Button threaded with some Cappuccino Baker's Twine(BROWN) - available at the  Shop Pumpkin Spice Store - and sentiment strip.
 
 
I stamped the sentiment with My Pink Stamper "Texas Chocolate" Hybrid Ink - available ONLY at the Shop Pumpkin Spice Store - and added a Xyron® 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots to each piece and then arranged them together as I liked.
 
 
The Acorn Autumn Wishes Box opens up to reveal a good size space for a goodie bag. I plan on filling it up with some Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Truffles or other yummy Fall Treat.
 
 
I hope you are still with me and have enjoyed my 3D Acorn Autumn Wishes Box using just some of the wonderful products you can find at Shop Pumpkin Spice Store .
 
Your next stop is Denine at the Shop Pumpkin Spice Blog. Go see what she has in store for you today... And when you're done, make sure to link up your project to Shop Pumpkin Spice's GREEN & BROWN Weekly Challenge to be entered to win this week's prize!
 
I'd LOVE to hear what you think of my 3D Acorn Autumn Wishes Box so be sure to leave me a comment.
 
 


9 comments :

June Houck said...

You are an amazing talent, Marlene. This is a stunner! And an absolutely perfect project for the brown/green challenge :)

LuvScrappingTogether said...

Your box is gorgeous, Marlene! I'm so glad you could join in the hop!! ~Hugs, Saundra

Carissa said...

Love this!! Great job!

Denine said...

Marlene, Your acorn is absolutely adorable. I love that cut.. have had it in my files for a year but now I feel inspired to CUT it...
Hugs,

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh - FAB job Marlene! LOVE your pretty acorn!!! It's perfect!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

This is GORGEOUS Marlene! the papers are so pretty and love all the embellishments:)
Sherrie K

Pam said...

I just love acorns and this little acorn box is just beautiful!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Missy said...

Marlene this is stunning, I love the pretty paper and embossing!

KimCreate said...

Unbeleivable! So pretty!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.