Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Xyron and Doodlebug Blog Hop Day Three - Halloween Fun House + Tutorial

Pin It Now!
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Welcome to Day Three of the Xyron and Doodlebug Designs Blog Hop! 
 
~*~ WARING: LONG and PICTURE HEAVY POST! ~*~
Be sure to get some coffee, you won't want to miss all the inspiration!
 
Xyron has teamed up with yet another one of our FAVORITE companies - DOODLEBUG DESIGNS! ALL week long - October 7th to October 11th - Xyron Design Team Members will be featuring an original project using the Doodlebug Designs' Halloween Parade or Happy Harvest Collections. Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration!
 
If you missed Day One and Day Two, NO WORRIES! Simply visit the Xyron Facebook Page, Xyron Blog or Doodlebug Designs Blog to see all the AMAZING inspiration! You won't be disappointed!
 
~*~
 
I was so excited to hear that Xyron and Doodlebug had teamed up to work together on a Blog Hop. I just LOVE Doodlebug's CLEAN patterns and CUTE Designs. Doodlebug was so generous with the product they sent over to Xyron - I got to play with almost the ENTIRE Doodlebug Halloween Parade Collection. Their ADORABLE Halloween Parade Icon Stickers inspired my first project for today's Blog Hop - yep, that's right. I have two projects for you today. Click HERE for my second project. - a HALLOWEEN FUN HOUSE!
 
 
I found a Wooden House Shadowbox in the Christmas Aisle of my local AC Moore and immdiately thought it would make a GREAT Halloween Fun House filled with all the ADORABLE characters from the Doodlebug Halloween Parade Collection. I started altering the Christmas House Shadowbox into a HALLOWEEN FUN HOUSE by giving it a nice coat of Martha Stewart High Gloss Beetle Black Acrylic Paint. -  I had pictures of the house before I started and as I was painting it, but I guess my Camera got hungry and ate those pictures because I can't find them anywhere on the SD card, sorry. -
 
After painting the house I started adding my patterned papers to the roof, sides and edges of the Halloween Fun House. I used the back side of the Doodlebug Candy Sticks paper for the roof. I normally trace the shape onto my paper, but due to the shape of the roof I was unable to do this. However, it was not that difficult THANKS to the help of my Xyron® 1.5" Sticker Maker with Repositionable Adhesive. Running the strips of paper through my Xyron® 1.5" Sticker Maker with Repositionable Adhesive allowed me to shape the paper to the wavy contour of the roof and then remove it to give it a clean cut with my sharp scissors. And lastly I gave it a quick sand with my Core'dinations SandIt Set - SandIt Gadget & Dust Buddy.
 
 
Then I cut several different measured strips of paper from the 6x6 pad and 12x12 sheets from the Doodlebug Halloween Parade Collection. I ran the larger sized strips through my Xyron® 5" CreativeStation™, the smaller ones through the Xyron® 3” Sticker Maker and the very thin strips through the Xyron® 1.5" Sticker Maker, Using my Xyron Adhesive Products makes it SOOO much easier and cleaner to alter items. I then simply arranged them in the order I wanted.
 
 
With the base of my Halloween Fun House all dressed up with the Doodlebug's Halloween Parade Papers, I moved onto adding a few touches to the Doodlebug Halloween Parade Icon Cardstock Stickers, This & That Stickers, and Quote Stickers.  I used my Stickles to add some glitter to the edges of all the stickers, my Sakura White Gel Pen to add in some shine, and chalk to add some cheeks to the Vampire, Frankie Boy and Ghost Icon Cardstock Stickers.
 
 
To make the Icon Cardstock Stickers stand up inside each "Room" of the Halloween Fun House, I took two pieces of the foam squares from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit by Xyron® and adhered them together in an L-shape. I then placed the Icon Cardstock Sticker on the longer back side of the L-shaped foam tape.
 
 
I wanted to give the Halloween Fun House a slightly "Spooky" Attic, so I added the "Ghost" Icon Cardstock Sticker peeking out from under the roof upside and the "Bat" Icon Cardstock Sticker swirling around inside the attic.
 
 
To get the "Ghost" Icon Cardstock Sticker to fit inside the Attic, I had to snip off some of the sticker's bottom - poor thing, I cut of its legs -. I then added a strip of Xyron® 1/4" Double-Sided High TackTape  to the front and a foam square from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit by Xyron® to the back of the Ghost.
 
 
To the center of the Halloween Fun House, I added the "Halloween" Banner from the This & That Stickers Sheet, which was previously spruced up with some Stickles. I used some more foam squares from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit by Xyron® to adhere the sticker and make it pop out. I used another foam square to sit the "Owl" Icon Cardstock Sticker on the "Halloween" Banner.
 
 
To the sides of the Halloween Fun House, I adhered strips from the backside of the Doodlebug Designs' Halloween Parade "Knock Knock" Paper.  I also added the "Tombstone" from the This & That Stickers Sheet and "Pumpkin" Icon Cardstock Sticker to each side adhered with the foam squares from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit by Xyron®. A strip of grass was punched using the Fiskars Grass Border Punch from the backside of the Halloween Parade "Midnight Magic" Paper
 
 
In the AWESOME package Doodlebug Designs sent Xyron, I recieved the "Be Witchy" Doodle-Pops Cardstock Sticker and I knew EXACTLY how I wanted to include it in my Halloween Fun House.
 
 
To get the "Be Witchy" Doodle-Pops Cardstock Sticker to hover over the Halloween Fun House, I added a swirled gauge wire with some Xyron® 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dots in between her cardstock layers. Then I adhered the gauge wire to the back of the Halloween Fun House with a strip of Xyron® 1/2" Double-Sided High Tack Tape.
 
 
The "Clouds" and "Crescent Moon" from the This & That Stickers were adhered with some foam squares from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit by Xyron® to a clear plastic circle die-cut attached to the Witch's Hat.
 
 
To finish my Halloween Fun House, I added some Glitter Tulle adhered with the Xyron® 1/2" Double-Sided High Tack Tape to the underside of the House's Roof. - Again, I had pictures but my hungry camera ate them -  I layered on a bow made with "Marmalade" Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot, a tag from the This & That Stickers Sheet and a button with some Purple Doodle Twine.
 
 
I have a quick tip to share with you when adhering Cardstock Tag Stickers. To remove the stickiness from the back of the Tag Cardstock Sticker, simply brush it with some Baby Powder. Then I added a Xyron® 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots  to each the Button Twine and This & That Tag Sticker and layered them together on top of the ribbon.
 
 
And finally, the HALLOWEEN FUN HOUSE is finished! I hope you have enjoyed my Halloween Fun House and tutorial on how to put it all together.
 
 
Be sure to check out ALL of today's Xyron and Doodlebug Blog Hop projects. You won't want to miss them!
 
And DON'T FORGET to keep SCROLLING DOWN or CLICK HERE for my SECOND Xyron/Doodlebug Designs Project.

3 comments :

KimCreate said...

Your project is fabulous!!! This house box came out fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm inspired to make something 3-D for Halloween now!

Sherrie K. said...

OMG!! This is AMAZING! It must have taken a long time-the house is filled with so much detail and fabulous embellishments! LOVE all the fun doodlebug products! FANTASTIC Marlene!
Sherrie K

Ruth G said...

So many fun details! Looks like you had a great time creating this! Thanks so much for sharing!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.