Saturday, November 23, 2013

Xyron 30 Days of Holiday Projects Day #6 - NOEL Banner + Tutorial

 
Hello Everyone!
 
Welcome to Xyron's 30 Days of Holiday Project Ideas!
 
Since Monday, November 18th and for the next 30 Days we will be sharing some fun and fabulous projects designed by the Xyron Design Team Members and some of our favorite companies - including Crafter's Companion USA, Imaginisce, American Crafts, Studio Calico, Crate Paper, Inc. and more. Be sure to stay tuned to the Xyron Facebook Page every day for tutorials, giveaways, inspiration and more. 
 
Today is MY turn to share ONE of THREE Holiday Project Ideas using products from Xyron and our Favorite Companies. I'm so excited to be part of this celebration and share with you some of my Holiday Ideas.
 
For today's Holiday Project I have a fun Christmas NOEL Banner to share with you all. So be sure to grab a cup of your favorite drink along with a snack and come back to learn how to put one together yourself!
 
 
This NOEL Banner is a GREAT way to decorate any mantle, door, or like I did - a small stand where I display my most recent cards/projects. Are you ready to get started?!
 
~*~ NOEL BANNER TUTORIAL ~*~
- Oops, as I was writing this tutorial I noticed that I mixed up the pictures and grouped them out of order. But all the details below should still give you an idea of how to put the banner together. Sorry for the mix up. -
 
Each individual Banner was cut using my Cricut Expression from Bazzill "Marachino" Cardstock and layered with the backside pattern from the Imaginisce Colors of Christmas "Ribbon Candy" 12 x12 Sheet. I stitched the edges with some red thread and then ran the papers thru my Xyron 5" Creative Station. I then adhered my Snowflake Embellishment using two Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots to the center of the banner. And lastly I added two Maya Road Vintage Alterable Trinkets(small) to each corner of the banner. I decided not to alter these BEAUTIFUL TearDrop Crystals because I love the Clean and Clear look it gave the entire banner.
 
 
To recreate the Snowflake Embellishments, I started by creating some Paper Rosettes using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Paper Rosette Die out of the backside pattern from the Imaginisce Colors of Christmas "Holly Jolly" 12 x12 Sheet. To form each rosette I used the Xyron 1/4" Double Sided Tape at one end and overlapped it with the other end. I used the Clear Liquid Adhesive from the Teresa Collions Adhesive Kit to adhere a circle cut to keep the shape of the rosette. The Paper Rosettes were then adhered to some plastic Snowflakes I picked up at my Dollar Store with some Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots.
 
 A Maya Road "Granny's Mini Wood Doilies" painted white, ran thru my Xyron 3" Create A Sticker Machine and sprinkled with Martha Stewart Crystal Glitter was layered on top of the Paper Rosettes. I love using this technique to add glitter to my embellishment because it gives me an even coat of adhesive allowing my glitter to cover all of my item. A few dots of the
 
 
To spell out "NOEL" I used the Maya Road "Lisa Uppercase Alphabet" Chipboard Letters. The letters were misted using the Maya Road "Red Pepper" Maya Mist and then glimmered with some Pearl Glimmer Mist for a sparkling shine. I adhered the letters to the wooden doilies using some  dimensionals I made myself using Red Craft Foam and the Xyron 1.5" Create A Sticker Machine. I love making my own dimensionals because I can match them to the color of my embellishment making them almost invisiable yet getting a good height of dimension - notice how raised my "Letter E" is but you can't really see the foam.
 
 
To the top of the Banners, I added strips of Heidi Swapp Color Magic Zig Zag Ribbon misted in "Chartreuse" Heidi Swapp ColorShine Mist. Absolutely LOVED this green color, it matched the green in the Imaginisce Colors of Christmas Collection PERFECTLY! And it has a touch of gold in it as well! I then adhered the ribbon to the top edge of the banner using the Xyron 1/4" Double Sided Tape.
 
 
It's time to start putting the NOEL Banner together. To do this I used the NEW Teresa Collins Chipboard Punch. The chipboard punch includes an adjustable paper guide, which I extended out towards the 11" mark to punch my circles closer to the side edges. I simply flipped my banner over to the backside to get the second hole punch.
 
 
I used some white Tulle to tie the banners together and centered them with a blue button using the Xyron 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dots.
 
 
I wanted the First and Last Banners to be different from the rest, so I used the Imaginisce Colors of Christmas "Vintage Ornament" 12 x12 Sheet and excluded the Maya Road "Granny's Mini Wood Doily". Instead I added an Ornament cut with my Cricut Expression from Core'dinations "Broken China" Cardstock centered with a Maya Road Snowflake Mini Chipboard misted in Maya Road "Red Pepper" Maya Mist.
 
 
Lastly, I added a Red Sheer Ribbon layered with some more blue buttons and "Honeydew" Twine - available at My Craft Spot - using a Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots and two jingle bells to each end. And now your "NOEL Banner" is COMPLETE!!
 
 
I hope you are still with me and have ENJOYED my "NOEL Banner" + Tutorial. I'd LOVE to see what you come up using some Xyron Products, so be sure to leave me link to your blog.
 
 
 I'd also LOVE to hear what you think about this "NOEL Banner" so be sure to leave me comment. You NEVER know when I might just pick a RANDOM winner. *wink*wink*
 
And don't forget to visit the Xyron Facebook Page for TONS of great Holiday Project Ideas!
 
P.S. My next Xyron 30 Days of Holiday Projects date is Saturday, Novemeber 30th. Hope to see you again!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love all of the details and the painted pieces. I will definitely check out some of the xyron

    ReplyDelete
  2. L O V E your banner tutorial! This is a great project for my Sunday School andScout groups! Many thanks, Marlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Banner and I could sew see it in Fabric too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.