Saturday, November 30, 2013

Xyron 30 Days of Holiday Projects Day #13 - Christmas Clothespin Magnets + Tutorial

 
Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Xyron's 30 Days of Holiday Project Ideas!

Since Monday, November 18th and for the next 30 Days we will be sharing some fun and fabulous projects designed by the Xyron Design Team Members and some of our favorite companies - including Crafter's Companion USA, Imaginisce, American Crafts, Studio Calico, Crate Paper, Inc. and more. Be sure to stay tuned to the Xyron Facebook Page every day for tutorials, giveaways, inspiration and more.
 
Today is MY turn - again - to share Project TWO of THREE Holiday Project Ideas using products from Xyron and our Favorite Companies. I'm so excited to be part of this celebration and share with you some of my Holiday Ideas.  
 
To see my Project ONE - NOEL Banner - CLICK HERE.
 
For today's project, I decided to go with an EASY and QUICK gift giving idea you can recreate for Friends, Neighbors, Co-Workers, Teachers, etc. CHRISTMAS CLOTHESPIN MAGNETS.
 
 
The CHRISTMAS CLOTHESPIN MAGNETS were inspired by the TONS of small strip scraps I have left over from working on my other projects. So grab your all your scraps and a few clothespins along with your Xyron Adhesive Products and lets get creating!
 
~*~  XMAS CLOTHESPIN MAGNETS TUTORIAL  ~*~
 
For this set of CHRISTMAS CLOTHESPIN MAGNETS and Tutorial I'm using scraps from the American Crafts Peppermient Express Collection - left over from my "Don't Snicker" Pillowbox Treats.
 
 
I separated the clothespins apart and gave them a quick coat of Martha Stewart High Gloss "Wedding Cake" Acrylic Paint.
 
 
As the paint dried, I gave the scraps a trim - if necessary - and cut to size. Each strip of paper was ran thru my Xyron 1.5" Create A Sticker Machine and then adhered to the front of my clothespins. Covering the back isn't really necessary, as it will be covered by the Xyron Magnet Tape.
 
 
I used my Core'dinations SandIt Gadget to sand off any extra excess paper.
 
 
I put the clothespin back together and embellished it with a My Craft Spot Stamp, Holly Leaves, and button with Marachino Twine - available at My Craft Spot - using my Xyron 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dots.
 
 
The Xyron Magnet Tape measures 3/4" wide, so I used my scissors to cut the strip in half and adhere to the back of my clothespin.
 
 
And with that last step, your "CHRISTMAS CLOTHESPIN MAGNETS" are complete and ready for use!
 
 
I hope you are still with me and have ENJOYED my "CHRISTMAS CLOTHESPIN MAGNETS" + Tutorial. I'd LOVE to see what you come up using some Xyron Products, so be sure to leave me link to your blog.
 
I'd also LOVE to hear what you think about this "CHRISTMAS CLOTHESPIN MAGNETS" so be sure to leave me comment.
 
And don't forget to visit the Xyron Facebook Page for TONS of great Holiday Project Ideas!

P.S. My next Xyron 30 Days of Holiday Projects date is Saturday, December 13th. Hope to see you again!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.