Saturday, December 14, 2013

My Craft Spot Inspiration - Wishing you a Souper Holiday!

 
Hello Everyone!
 
Thank You for joining me today for some great My Craft Spot Inspiration!
 
Today I have a FUN gift idea for a Friend, Co-Worker, Neighbor, Teachers, Family, etc. And PERFECT for this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #120 Christmas Neighbor Gifts.
 
I've actually had this idea in mind for a VERY long time, but didn't feel inspired to create it until I saw the "Souper Holiday" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Christmas Friends & Neighbors" Stamp Set.
 
 
Some time ago - maybe a year or two now -  I was waiting to checkout at Marshalls and saw a bag of pre-packaged soup and thought it would make a great gift to spruce up. But of course, when I went back for the small bag of pre-packaged soup a few weeks ago, they no longer had it in stock. I searched everywhere for something similar, but didn't find quite what I was looking for and created my own version. I created a "Souper Holiday" Gift Jar by filling a large clear Mason Jar with some Egg Noodles, Freeze-Dried Vegetables & Seasonings, a Chicken Stock bullion, and some Oyster Crackers in a small test tube.
 
 
I embellished the "Souper Holiday" Gift Jar with a doily made from the My Craft Spot 4" Doily Metal Die. It was then layered with a large circle cut using papers from the Imaginisce's Color of Christmas Collectionalso used throughout the project. All the pieces were run thru my Xyron 5" Creative Station and adhered to the mason jar. I also added tied some Maraschino Twine - available HERE at My Craft Spot - and two small jingle bells on the side.
 
 
The soup bowl is from the Miss Kate Cuttables "Warm My Heart" Cutting File. The steam was ran thru my Xyron 1.5" Create A Sticker Machine upside down to add some glitter and adhered with some Xyron Homemade Foam Tape. I decided to replace the "Snowflake" from the cutting file with a Holly Berry die to coordinate with jar's lid.
 
 
The "Souper Holiday" Sentiment was stamped on the Double Fishtail Banner Strip from the My Craft Spot "Ribbon Banners - Straight" Metal Dies. I used the small tape runner from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit by Xyron to attach my sentiment strip to the jar's front.
 
 
I embellished the "Souper Holiday" Gift Jar's Lid with a large circle, plastic snowflake ornament, paper rosette made with the Tim Holtz Sizzix Paper Rosette Die and an SVG image from Miss Kate Cuttables. Instead of die-cutting the "Open Dec 25th Tag" File, I printed it out and layered it on a scalloped circle. I also replaced the Holly Berry Leaves on the image with some made from a metal die.
 
 
I finished off the "Souper Holiday" Gift Jar with some glitter tulle and a "Scarlet Red" Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot layered with Ivory Jute String - available at My Craft Spot.  Using my Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots, I added a green button to the center of the bow.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed and have been inspired to create your own "Souper Holiday Gift Jar" using My Craft Spot Products. Don't forget to link them up to this week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #120 Christmas Neighbor Gifts. You have until Monday, December 16th 11:59pm MST for your chance to win this week's prize. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.