Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Craft Spot January 2014 Stamp Release Party Sneak Peek #3 - Valentine Hot Cocoa

Pin It Now!
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Welcome to the My Craft Spot January 2014 Stamp Release Party Sneak Peek #3!
 
For Sneak Peek #1, CLICK HERE.
For Sneak Peek #2, CLICK HERE.
 
All week long, the My Craft Spot DT has been featuring Sneak Peeks from ONE of 5 NEW Stamp Sets and 4 NEW Metal Dies! Today is the LAST Day for Sneak Peeks, but be sure to join us tomorrow for Saturday, January 11th for a Stamp Release Party Blog Hop! There will be TONS of prizes along the way, so you won't want to miss it!
 
All of the NEW Stamp Sets and Metal Dies will available for purchase on Saturday, January 11th at the NEW My Craft Spot Store!!
 
Today's Sets are Banner Sentiments and Wavy Banners!
 
In addition, we will also be featuring the NEW Small Bow Metal Die, NEW Heart Border Die Set, and the NEW Fancy Edges Metal Dies on various of our projects throughout the week.
 
~*~
 
For today's project, I decided to combine the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED Banner Sentiments Stamp Set and Wavy Banners Metal Dies with the other sets that have been sneak peeked so far, along with a few other My Craft Spot products to create a VALENTINE HOT COCOA KIT.
 
 
This idea has been roaming around in my head since Christmas time, but never got around to doing it and I'm SOO GLAD I waited because I just LOVE the way it turned out using the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot Stamps and Metal Dies. I started out with a Shower Hook Box I had saved up from a recent bathroom renovation and created a new insert for it using papers from the  Carta Bella Devoted Collection and throughout the entire project.
 
 
 To spell out "Valentine", I used the Heidi Swapp Color Magic Striped Chipboard Letters misted with the Heidi Swapp Sweet Cherry Color Shine. Slightly underneath I placed the "Large Wavy Banner" from the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot Ribbon Banners - Wavy combined with the My Craft Spot "Small Alphabet" Metal Dies. - I just love how the My Craft Spot "Small Alphabet" Metal Dies fit PERFECTLY in ANY of the My Craft Spot Ribbon Banner Dies. - I ran both the Chipboard Letters and My Craft Spot Small Alphabet Letters thru my Xyron 1.5" Create A Sticker Machine and added them to the insert. The insert was then adhered to the bottom of the Shower Hook Box using the Xyron 1/2" Double Sided High Tack Tape.
 
 
The box was filled with some Valentine Hot Cocoa Goodies for two: Hot Cocoa Packets, Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows & Straws - for stirring -, Chocolate Heart Candies. I created a wrapper for the Hot Cocoa Packets and embellished it with the My Craft Spot 4" Doily Metal Die, a chipboard heart, two tiny flags - made with the My Craft Spot "Tiny Toppers and Banners" Metal Dies - "Small Wavy Banner" from the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot Ribbon Banners - Wavy stamped with the "Be My Valentine" Sentiment from the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot "Banner Sentiments" Stamp Set.
 
 
Two Paper Straws were dipped in chocolate and placed inside of a test tube. I wrapped some Maraschino Baker's Twine - available at the My Craft Spot Store - around the test tube and tied the  "Large Tiny Tag" from the My Craft Spot "Tiny Tags" Metal Dies stamped with the "Hugs & Kisses" Sentiment from the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot "Banner Sentiments" Stamp Set. The sentiment comes as ONE line, but I stamped them as separately to fit in the "Large Tiny Tag".
 
 
Using the same dipping chocolate, I dipped some Jumbo Marshmallows and "stamped" them with the "I {heart} You" and "True Love" Sentiments from the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot "Jar Full of Spring" Stamp Set. This is my FAVORITE ITEM from the entire VALENTINE HOT COCOA set. The sentiments were "stamped" using Brown and Red Food Coloring. This did stain my stamps a bit, but I LOVE the way they turned out. The marshmallows were placed inside a small cello bag and tied closed with some Red Jute String - available at the My Craft Spot Store.
 
 
And lastly, I added some Heart Chocolate Candies. I embellished these with the "Large Heart" from the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot "Heart Border" Metal Die Set stamped with the "Scalloped Heart" Image and different sentiments from the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot "Jar Full of Spring" Stamp Set.
 
 
Instead of tying the entire package with ribbon, I used the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot "Small Bow" Metal Die and added a 5/8" strip of paper to the sides. The FUN part about the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot "Small Bow" Metal Die is that you don't have to untie it to open up your package. I used a Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dot to adhere my "Small Bow" to one of the box's top flaps. Underneath, I tucked in a cut down "Fishtail" Banner stamped with the "Love Potion" Sentiment from the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot "Jar Full of Spring" Stamp Set. I used some silver wire cord to hung the "Heart Lock" and "Oval Key" from the SOON - TO - BE - RELEASED My Craft Spot "Heart Border" Metal Die Set over the front of the VALENTINE HOT COCOA box.
 
 
This was such a FUN project to put together and I hope you have enjoyed every detail of it.
 
 
To see more "Sneak Peaks" of the "Banner Sentiments" Stamp Set and Ribbon Banners - Wavy  - available for purchase on Saturday, please visit My Craft Spot Blog. You don't want to miss it!
 
But Wait!!
 
What is a Stamp Release Party without some giveways?
 
Stamp Release Party Giveaways:
 
Each day this week, Kimberly from My Craft Spot will have a fun prize for ONE lucky follower! Then, on Saturday, each stop on the Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamp Sets or Metal Dies! That's a total of 9 Blog Hop Prizes!!
 
For the most chances to win awesome prizes this week:
 
1. Leave a COMMENT ON EACH Sneak Peek post on the My Craft Spot Blog this week ( Monday thru Friday).
 
2. Leave a second comment letting Kimberly know that you placed the JANUARY 2014 Stamp Party Button on your Blog or Facebook. ( You can do this each day if you'd like!)
My Craft Spot

 
 
3. Join us for the BLOG HOP on Saturday! Each DT on the Blog Hop will be giving away ONE of the NEW Stamps Sets!!
 
Be sure to check back in on Tomorrow, January 9th, for Stamp Release Party Blog Hop!!
Now, head on over to My Craft Spot for more Sneak Peeks and your chance to win!
 
~*~ CHALLENGES ~*~
 
I'm entering this project into the following challenges:
 
* Paper Issues - You Are Just My Type (01/14)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.