Friday, January 17, 2014

Xyron Inspiration Tutorial - Valentine Wood Block

Pin It Now!
 
Hello Everyone!

The Holiday Season is long gone; the Christmas decorations have been taken down and my house is looking slightly bare and empty. I've decided its time to start filling up the space with a few Valentine decorations and the first item is a Valentine Wood Block I made using products from Xyron.

And today I want to show you just how easy it is to put YOUR OWN Valentine Wood Block together. So grab a cup of your favorite drink and Follow Me as I show you Step-by-Step how to put together a Valentine Wood Block using Xyron Products.
 

Valentine Wood Block using Xyron®Products

Step 1:                      Gather the following Xyron®Products:                                             
 
Step 2:                            Paint Wood Block in a cream color.                                          
 
- I used a decorative corner block and some wall paint from a recent home renovation. But many local craft stores sell wooden blocks and any acrylic paint would work great. Or do as I did, and give an old piece of wood a new life. -
 
 
Step 3:    I cut down papers from the Carta Bella Devoted Collection to size for the front and four side panels. I stitched around the larger front panel and distressed the edges of all using my Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser. Using the Xyron® 5" CreativeStation™ with Permanent Refill, I applied edge-to-edge adhesive to the papers and adhered them to the wood block.

 
Step 4:    I used a paper towel to randomly add color to a Heidi Swapp Color Magic Paper Frame with the Heidi Swapp Tinsel Color Shine to give the frame a tinted and worn out look. The frame was ran thru my Xyron® 5" CreativeStation™ with Permanent Refill faced down to give it a nice smooth edge-to-edge adhesive to then add some glitter.

 
Step 5:  A smaller piece of patterned paper was cut to size to fit behind the frame. I applied some strips of Xyron® 1/4" Double-Sided High TackTape to each edge and adhered it to the back of the frame. Then the entire frame was adhered to the wood block using the Xyron® 1/2" Double-Sided High TackTape.
 
 
Step 6:         I die-cut a birdcage from the Cricut Winter Frolic Cartridge at 3" and ran the smaller pieces thru my Xyron® 1.5" StickerMaker with Permanent Refill. I applied some glitter to the birds & last birdcage layer and re-ran them thru the Xyron® 1.5" StickerMaker with Permanent Refill  to make it easier to layer on the larger birdcage cut. The birdcage cut was embellished with some tulle and Pink Jute String adhered with Xyron® 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dots.
 
 
Step 7:  As a final touch, I tied some blue grosgrain ribbon around the wood block. To make sure the ribbon didn't move or slip while I was trying into a bow, I added a strip of Xyron® 1/4" Double-Sided High TackTape to the bottom. Using Xyron® 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots, I embellished the bow with a Pink Rose from Wild Orchid Crafts and a "True Love" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Jar Full of Spring" Stamp Set.
 

 
And now your Valentine Wood Block is COMPLETE!
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed and found my tutorial on how to put together a Valentine Wood Block decoration using Xyron®Products helpful. Feel free to contact me - ScrappinCookie at Hotmail.com - if you have any questions or comments. I'd be glad to help!
 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.