Friday, July 15, 2016

Birthday Cake Gusset Bag



Hello ScrappinCookie Fans,
 
Today I have fun and quick treat bag to share with you. I made this specifically for the Jaded Blossom July Customer Appreciation Challenge - check out the Jaded Blossom Blog for more details -  and then added a few more as I went along.
 
For the last two weeks Jaded Blossom has had their Customer Appreciation Sale and not having made a BIG crafty purchase in two years, I went for it. For this project I used the Jaded Blossom Supersized Birthday Greetings. I stamped the sentiment onto a hand-cut flag strip and added it to my topper made with the SVG Cutting Files Ornate Card Base - 3.
 
 
I filled a Gusset Bag - also from Jaded Blossom - with some Hershey Kisses. I used the Jaded Blossom Birthday Candies 2 for the bottom of the chocolates. Images were colored in using my PrismaColor Pencils - I can't color with Copics or any other kind of marker.
 
 
To finish off the treat bag, I used the Birthday Cake from the SVG Cutting Files Kawaii Birthday Lollipop Covers - the image was downsized a bit. I stamped it with the PK - 1371 Kawaii Faces from Peachy Keen. I felt like it need a bit of sparkle, so I reached for my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen and started added shimmer to the flame and frosting edges, without noticing that I grabbed the wrong pen! I used the Wink of Stella White instead of Wink of Stella Clear and it left this white border line to where I added it. It covered up all the edge inking and details I had added. So Mad.
 
 
Before I started working on this project, I learned about ColourQ Challenge #350 and when I saw the color palette I immediately thought about the Echo Park Paper Birthday Wishes Girl Collection. Perfect for my Birthday Cake Gusset Bag. Although I didn't use SU! Colors, I tried to stay very close.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed this project. I would love to hear your thoughts! Thank You for stopping by!
 
~*~
 
I will be entering this project in the following Challenges:
 
* Jaded Blossom "July Customer Appreciation Challenge" - Ends 7-17-16
 
* ColourQ Challenge #350 - Ends 7-18-16
 

10 comments:

  1. This little treat holder is just TOO CUTE, SUPER DUPER JOB!!!Thanks for playing along at Jaded Blossom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute birthday treat~ I love the darling little cupcake-the face is so sweet! The candies are such a fun addition~great job Marlene!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. So CUTE Marlene!! So glad to see you posting again! And Love your Fabulous creations! :-)
    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super sweet!!! Love the color combo and all the sweet details! Thank you for joining us at Jaded Blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us in the Jaded Blossom ~ Customer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute - adorable treat!! Thanks for playing along at Jaded Blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet treat! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Jaded Blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable ! LOve the soft colors and such a cute bow !!! Thanks for joining us in the challenge !!!

    Michelle ~ JB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Thanks for playing along at Jaded Blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just adorable Marleen! Love the soft colors and PK face! Thanks for playing along at Jaded Blossom!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.