Monday, July 11, 2016

Its been TWO Years...

Hello ScrappinCookie Fans & Followers,

Its been a little bit more than TWO years since my last post. Things got a bit hectic for me and I needed to take a break. At one point I was on 3 to 4 Design Teams - although I know a few designers who do the same, it was just too much for me at the time. I wasn't meeting deadlines or posting projects, my work quality wasn't as before, I was letting my fellow Design Team Members and Followers down, and what was more important I was neglecting my family. I knew I had to do something about it and thought that a short break would be the answer, but little did I know that it would be TWO YEARS before I could sit down to write up a blog post again.

A few things have happened during these two years. I went from being a CITY GAL straight to the COUNTRY - with chickens and all!! Its been a life change - not drastic, as we have some of the amenities we were used to within a 20 minute drive, but still a life change. We are surrounded by several farms and open space. Schools have a better rating and classrooms are so much smaller - the kids went from having 30+ classmates to 15 classmates! We are so happy here!

Not only did I become a proud owner of a country home, but I also became a PROUD MOM to a new bundle of joy! In June 2015, I gave birth to my 3rd child - a precious little boy. That's right, I'm now a proud mom to THREE BOYS! They are now 12 yrs old, 9 yrs old, 13 months and growing ever so fast!

Life is starting to settle back down a bit - although with THREE BOYS there is always an adventure around the corner and with a country home there is always something to do - I felt it was time for me to slowly start making my way back into paper crafting - some of you might have already seen some of my work on Facebook. It has always been a passion of mine and I have so much fun doing it. And now that I have a space ALL TO MY OWN, its all that more fun! During these two years, I have not been completely gone. I've done some lurking around and tried to stay up-to-date with trends. I've also worked on a few projects for the kids' teachers and a few random things.

Before this turns into a HUGE novel, I'd like to end it with a BIG THANK YOU to all my fans & followers for continuing to follow my work and blog. At least I hope there are a few of you out there, but if I'm talking to myself - I understand. I'd love to do a giveaway, but at this time I don't have anything to offer - sorry. I do have some fun things planned for the blog in the upcoming days. I can't promise I will have a project to share with you everyday, but I will have some spread throughout the month. So be sure to sign-up for the email newsletter to be updated of when I do.

THANK YOU!

7 comments:

  1. Hello, Welcome back, no, you are not talking to yourself..I'm here, and I wondered what happened. Sometimes a good breather is what one has to do, reflect, meditate. Congratulations on your new life. The country life so relaxing. Everything is so much better in the country. Loved living in a small town, would do it again in the future. So jealous with the chicken thing..would love to have some,maybe one day.. A new baby boy, nice, congrats...so glad that your back, always loved your projects. Take your time settling in...Looking forward to your creations..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! We all need a break from time to time. How lucky you are to live in the country!!! We are in semi-country. Living in the country is so peaceful and just a whole other world. People who have never lived there don't realize how wonderful it really is. My oldest daughter and her family moved from Florida to a small mountain town in North Carolina. The boys were struggling in school and were not in a good environment, now they are flourishing and doing great, regular little country boys. For me, I have made the choice not to be on design teams (at least for now). I like the freedom to create what I want when I want or, if I don't want. I don't want the pressure of deadlines and to be told what I have to create. I do other crafts besides paper-crafting and sometimes I feel like working on them. Enjoy yourself creating, isn't that what it's all about!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I have always been a huge fan of your creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! A new baby, a better school environment for your boys, a small town, farm life. Wonderful. I grew up in a small town... when we moved there our family of 10 made the population 2000. That town's pop is now is now 30,000. I loved growing up there. I miss the small town feel. Share when you feel like sharing. Crafting is supposed to relax us. Relax and enjoy. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!! Congrats on the new baby and your move to the country!! Looking forward to seeing more projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Marlene! I was wondering what happened to you~You definitely have had a lot of things happen in the past few years. So excited for your new home in the country and how exciting to welcome in a new little baby boy! Congrats to you and your family! I am looking forward to seeing your amazing creations again my friend!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.