Saturday, December 17, 2016

Jaded Blossom December 2016 Guest Designer - Santa's Mail Treat Box

Pin It Now!
 
Hello Everyone!
 
I'm super excited to be part of the December 2016 Guest Designers for Jaded Blossom! Thank You Candace and Michelle for such a great opportunity!
 
Today I have a fun treat box to share with you all using some of Jaded Blossom's Stamps & Dies. I was watching the Macy's Believe commercial when the light bulb went off - why not make a 3D Santa Mailbox using all of the wonderful Jaded Blossom goodies I had purchased during their Black Friday Sale?!
 
 
I started off with the SVG Cutting Files Standing Mailbox Treat Box and made a few tweaks - I enlarged it to fit my needs and made a few scorelines to give it that original mailbox look. I then hand-cut mats from Doodlebug Design Here Comes Santa Claus - So Dear patterned paper and added some Maraschino Twine around the edges.
 
 
The word "Santa's" was cut out using the Jaded Blossom Alphabet Dies and "Mail" was made using Doodlebug Design Candy Shoppe Cardstock Stickers - discontinued. I added poor Santa to the front of the mailbox using the SVG Cutting Files Santa Splits and gave him a Peachy Keen PK-1401 Clowning Around 1-1/8th Face. Used Doodlebug Design Here Comes Santa Claus and Doodlebug Design Petite Prints on his suit.
 
 
I hand-cut a small slot on the mailbox and added a "Letter to Santa" made using a Rectangle Die from the Jaded Blossom Card Mat Dies and masking off a phrase from the Jaded Blossom Merry & Bright Stamp Set leaving only the word "Santa". I also stamped the phrase "Ho Ho Ho" on to the mailbox from the Jaded Blossom Christmas Signs Stamp Set.
 
 
I tied off the mailbox with some White Glitter Ribbon, Red Jute String, Jingle Bells and a sentiment strip made using the Long Thin Rectangle Die from the  Jaded Blossom Card Mat Dies and "North Pole" phrase from Jaded Blossom Christmas Signs Stamp Set.
 
 
No treat box is complete without some goodies inside. I added some Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies to a Jaded Blossom 2.25" x 8" Clear Bag - trimmed down - and tied it off with a Rectangle Die from the Jaded Blossom Card Mat Dies and "Cookie for Santa" from the Jaded Blossom Christmas Signs Stamp Set.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my SANTA'S MAIL Treat Box. I had so much fun putting it all together using all those great Jaded Blossom Products.
 
Be sure to check back often for some more inspiring projects!
 


2 comments :

Sara Bottomlee said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is absolutely adorable!!!!!! I love that face too. What an awesome project, you made a perfect choice. ❤️🎅🏻❤️

Melissa said...

Absolutely darling! Merry Christmas.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.