Tuesday, July 6, 2010

GRAND RE-OPENING + BLOG CANDY...

Hi Everyone! I know its been another long month since I posted, but I got carried away trying to give this blog a make-over. And I'm some-what proud to announce that its OFFICIALLY DONE! I know that in some screens not everything looks aligned and center - I'm trying to figure out why that is. On my screen it looks just PERFECT, I don't know if it has to do with the width of our screens or maybe the web browsers. Here is a screen shot of what it should look like - the outer wrapper(the part bordered by a marron line) should be centered in the floral background, the header should fit right in between the border, and the post title should be in a handwritten font.


I used several different design elements to give ScrappinCookie its make-over. The main kit I used is called Samantha's Room by Kim Hill from CG Essentials. I knew I wanted to use brown and pink, so when I saw
this kit I just fell in LOVE with it. It has all the elements I wanted to use - paper flowers, buttons, labels, a gem etc. I did have to recolor a few items to fit the design I was going for.

The second thing I knew I wanted to use was a chocolate chip cookie - after all the name of this blog is ScrappinCookie. I searched for what seemed forever and almost gave up when one night I came across this
Another prefect match. This kit is called Chocolate Cravings by Heather Roselli. I used the chocolate chip cookie to accent my post titles, the chocolate chip can be seen used as a center for many of the paper flowers and the scattered chocolate chips can be found as part of my post divider.

Another digital kit I used was Snow Birds by Bella Gypsy Designs. From this design I only used their front.
To me they look like chocolate chip cookies and thought they would be prefect to spell out the blog's name in the header.

And lastly but not least, I used a few design templates from Delicious Scraps to complete the blog's header
look. The Dazzling Frame was recolored to fit the blog's ongoing color scheme and the Doodled Tag 4 was filled with papers from Samantha's Room digital kit.  

Most of the fonts used come from Kevin and Amanda.

You can find all these Design Elements on the right sidebar under Credits or in the Footer section of the blog. All pictures and links will redirect you to the designers store so you may purchase the kits if you like. I would like to send an Appreciation Shotout to all designers for letting me use thier digital kits on my blog's design. I hope I have used your kits wisely and correctly.

NOW, this wouldn't be a GRAND RE-OPENING if it didn't involve some type of giveaway. So how about some BLOG CANDY?
Pebbles Inc

*Pebbles Inc. Raspberry Ribbon Spool
*Pebbles Inc. Twitterpated Chips
*Pebbles Inc. Twitterpated Word Stickers
*Pebbles Inc. Twitterpated Journal Stickers
*Pebbles Inc. Twitterpated Rub Ons
*Pebbles Inc. Twitterpated With Love Dup. Stickers
*Pebbles Inc. Twitterpated Love You Dup. Stickers
*Pebbles Inc. Twitterpated Borders Dup. Rub Ons
*Pebbles Inc. Twitterpated Live Laugh Love Dup. Stickers
*Pebbles Inc. Glitter Candy Dots - Cream
*Pebbles Inc. Glitter Candy Dots - Pink

Wanna Win?
1. Simply Subscribe by Email and /or Follow my blog.
2. Leave a comment on HERE letting me know what you think of my new blog design. Does it fit your screen? Do you like the color scheme? Is it easy on the eye?

You can enter until Tuesday, July 13th at midnight and the winner will be announced here on Wednesday, July 14th. You have two weeks to claim your prize!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Marlene! I think your new blog design looks fabulous!!! The colors are great and the cookie touches are too cute! It all looks centered and aligned to me. :) And I'm a follower now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great. I love the colors and the banner looks great on my side!

    Stephanie F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your new blog design looks great Marlene! It fits perfect on my screen and I like the colors because they aren't too distracting. GREAT JOB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well aren't you talented!! Love the blog makeover Marlene, I wish I knew how to figure my blog that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now a follower. i love your blog. the colors are perfect and it's so easy to read. I am viewing it on my iPhone so I have to zoom in to read but that's fine because I have to zoom om everything. thanks for the chance to win some goodies.

    heather.Dumond@Maine.edu

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your blog the colors are perfect and the design are beautifull
    Thanks for a chance to win your yummy blog candy!
    sorry for my english spero di vincere un saluto dall'Italia bye bye rosa
    public slidebar on http://blogcandymania.blogspot.com/
    Hugs, rosa
    i am new follower
    goccedioceano2000(at)libero(dot)it
    blog creative: http://kreattiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marlene! I'm a new follower here and really enjoying your stuff so far =) Your blog fits nicely on the screen and the colours are fantastic. I love the pink and green combo. Keep up the great work and thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marlene,

    I don't know how your blog was before, as I am a new follower,but think the whole lay out and colours are very nice,very complementary colours and even the candy matches in LOL!
    It is very good readable,you did a great job!
    Thanks for offering this lovely blogcandy and the chance to win this!Off course I've put a link on my blog: Stempelientje and keep my fingers crossed!
    Greetings from Stempelientje.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Marlene, your blog is beautiful, I love the colors and the new image, I hope to have the opportunity to participate in your lot, everything is beautiful, it would be a dream come true, I hope to get lucky and send you a big hug! I I'm starting on the Scrap and where I live there so Scrap material would be a dream come true participaf in your drawing! kisses

    I'm your fan and I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Marlene! Your new layout is *awesome*. I tried to use some digital scrapbooking kits and i found it pretty messy :D
    The matching between the blog and your giveaway is driving me crazy! what a lovely idea ^_^
    The design fits perfectly my screen (a 15" wide notebook monitor :)) and the colours are girly and relaxing, even with the maximum screen contrast :)
    Congratulations!
    And thanks for the chance of winning this yummy candy!
    XOXO, Anna

    nocidicoccole@gmail.com
    http://nocidicoccole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Just 30 minutes to the deadline!! Cheers from Costa Rica, I discovered your blog and I think it is really awesome, your design looks fantastic!! Thanks for the chance to win! María
    http://mirinconcitodescrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.