Monday, April 18, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #56 - Happy Easter













Supplies Used:









Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio, Cricut Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge, Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge, Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge, Bazzill Cardstock, Jillibean Soup 'Blossom Soup' Paper(flower egg), Echo Park 'Walk in the Park' Papers(grass, yellow egg), Peachy Keen "Critter Faces" Stamp, Signo White Pen, Misc - scraps





















Happy Monday Everyone!














Wow! Let me tell you how happy we are at Fantabulous Cricut - we got over 60 entries for our SRPING FLING Crawl! A HUGE THANKS to everyone who participated and left amazing sweet comments on our blogs. Be sure to check out the Fantabulous Cricut Blog on Wednesday, April 20th when we announce the GRAND PRIZE winner of the SPRING FLING Crawl.









As for my BLOG CANDY, check back later for the WINNER!





On to this week's Challenge Me Monday #56 - Do the Bunny Hop. Thats right, Easter is around the corner and FCCB wants to make sure you are ready for it. So, for this week create a project with a BUNNY or CHICK on it.

































Today's project was inspired by the Blossoms & Blooms® "Happy Easter" Decor Sign I saw at Kohl's a few weeks back. I simply fell in LOVE with it, but didn't buy it because the ONLY ONE they had was chipped and cracked. So I decided to create my own, I just turned mine into a Font-Shaped Card with TONS of layers





















Using Design Studio, I welded the shadows from each cut to form a layer. Has a total of 5 layers in the "thickest" part. Each one separated by my color-coded foam dimensionals. The completed card measures about 9" wide by 5" high to the top of the BUNNY'S ears.


































The BUNNY on the sign remined me of the BUNNY on the Birthday Bash Cartridge. I used the Peachy Keen "PK-754 Critter Faces" Stamps. I gave it a cute little pink nose and the cheeks were done using chalks. The inside of the mouth was colored in with my PrismaColor Pencil.






































The font used to spell out 'happy easter' is also from the Birthday Bash Cartridge. Each letter was cut out, inked, dotted, staggered and layered individually.














I opted to replace the pink stand for some fresh Spring grass from the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge. And the Easter Eggs are from the Doodlecharms cartridge.







Now, head on over to the Fantabulous Cricut Blog to see more adorable projects featuring this week's Challenge Me Monday #56 - Do the BUNNY or CHICK Hop! 












This Happy Easter card will also be entered into the following challenges:











Happy Easter Front-Shaped Card
items required
*Cricut Expression
*Cricut Design Studio
*Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge
*Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge
*Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge
Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a
.zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time  spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.


Thanks!




















































































12 comments:

  1. I love your bunny sign, and it's so fun that you showed where your inspiration came from. Totally cute, and your layering is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a great project! So many wonderful layers and details! I love the bright, happy, spring colors. This is going to be great to decorate you home year after year...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super cute!! Great idea to make your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SUPER, Marlene!! I prefer yours over the store one, too! I love the colours of your letters and the font is just perfect. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so fabulous--how awesome--I love how you saw something you loved and recreated it--sooooo talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, i so adore your project! i would really love it if i could receive your cut file, but im so sorry i cannot contribute to a donation right now! but i can promise you after i make this project i will post it on my blog and advertise your blog and try helping you get donations! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, it's so cute!! Great job as usual!
    Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marlene!! This is FANTASTIC!! I just love it! In fact, yours is soooo much better than the inspiration itself!! Great job, you have outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog and all of the wonderful projects you make!! You are very inspiring!! I have the stylish blogger award for you on my blog
    http://teachdanz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...this is just so AWESOME! I love the colors and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! Wow, I just love your attention to detail...very nice! Thanks for sharing.
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is adorable! The layering and all of the detail are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.