Sunday, May 22, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #10 - Birthday Wishes













Supplies Used:




Cricut Expression, Cricut Storybook Cartridge, Bazzill 'Brandywine', 'French Vanilla' , 'Piglet' Cardstock, Queen & CO 'Pearl' Pearls, Crinkle Ribbon 'Petal Pink'_My Craft Spot, Tattered Angles 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist, Nestabilities Rectangle Dies, Misc - Patterned Paper, Lace, Flower, Sentiment. Card Size: 5.5" x 4.25"







~*~







Hello Everyone!







Welcome to Birthday Sundaes Challenge #10! This week's challenge is to use PEARLS & LACE plus a Birthday Sentiment.



















This week's card uses the Viva la Verve May Week1 Sketch.










I replaced the oval background for a Lace cut from the Cricut Storybook Cartridge. I used DS to resize the Lace cut to 4.346" x 3.557".











For color inspiration, I used this week's Splitcoast Color Combination Challenge #323 - Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla, Regal Rose.







     







Instead of using SU! cardstock, I used Bazzill "Brandywine", "French Vanilla" and "Piglet" cardstock colors.













I misted the Lace cut with some Glimmer Mist, but its very hard to tell from the picture. The crinkle ribbon is from My Craft Spot and is absolutely great to work with. The Lace Ribbon underneath is from my local fabric store.












The sentiment is digtal and I can't remember where I got it from - sorry.






Now, its YOUR turn! Head on over to Birthday Sundaes to see more PEARL & LACE inspiration. And don't forget to link up your PEARL & LACE Birthday Card by Thursday, May 26th at 6 PM MST to be eligible for the Super Sundae Badge and by Saturday, May 28th at 11:59 PM MST for the challenge.




TFL!





















































































9 comments:

  1. Wow!! Just stunning! I love the lace, pearls and the way you put it together is just awesome. Good luck in the challenge!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I so love the scrolled background! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!

    Hugs!
    Connie M.
    RRDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love how you used the ribbon!!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE these colors Thanks so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Beautiful card...the colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful & elegant Marlene :)
    So glad you've been chosen for the Sentimental Sundays DT & looking forward to working with you.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marlene, beautiful card! ;) I'm so glad you joined Sentimental Sundays and look forward to all new challenges with your gorgeous creations! I'm now a follower, too! Hugs, Joanna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous! I love the flourish die cut and beautiful colors.

    I am really looking forward to working with you on the SS DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Marlene, congrats and glad to be working with you at Sentimental Sundays DT :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.