Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hoot Hoot Hooray! Money Holder









Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression, MoneyHolder CUT File_ScrappinCookie, Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge,  Cricut Storybook Cartridge, Cricut Locker Talk Cartridge, Bazzill 'Stonehedge' Cardstock, The Paper Company 'Whipped Cream' Cardstock, K & CO 'Graduation' Specialty Paper, Fiskars 'Threading Water' Punch, Queen & CO 'Lime Green' Pearls, Nestabilites Oval Dies, Pink Cat Studio Sentiment, Misc - Ribbon








~*~








Hi Everyone,








Remember how I said I had no need for graduation cards this year? Well, turns out that my Niece(really, DH's) graduates 8th grade this coming June. When I found out, I knew exactly what kind of card I wanted to make - a Money Holder.
















I remembered seeing the perfect sketch to go with my idea - Sweet Sunday Sketch #117. The TALL design, just called Money Holder to me.

 

















For my color inspiration, I went with the Color Throwdown #142.
I don't use Stampin' Up cardstock, so I matched my Bazzill cardstock as close as possible. I used BlackBird, Limade, & Stonehedge.
















The Owl is from the Create A Critter Cartridge cut at 1-1/2". I made the branch a bit smaller by cutting it at 1-3/8". The Graduation Cap is from the Locker Talk Cartridge and was resized with DS to 1.195" x .78" to fit the owl. I used my Peachy Keen Critter Faces Med. Set for the owl's eyes. I also did some white doodling around the owl, branch and cap. I'm not to happy with the way that turned out, guess I better practice some more.






















The sentiment is from Pink Cat Studio and is available for FREE. I used PSE8 to rearrange the words into one line instead of a cluster.




























Now, on to the Money Holder part of the card. I designed it using Design Studio and Plantin SchoolBook.


























































There also is an option to use the Birthday Bash Cartridge for a more decorative opening, as shown on my card.

















































There is enough room to fit a few dollar bills, check, savings bond, etc and a personal message.








































This would make a great gift for any graduate - Pre-K, Kindergarten, Middle School, High School, and even College. Who doesn't need a few extra $$?










Money Holder

items required:

*Cricut Expression

*Cricut Design Studio

*Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge

*Birthday Bash Cartridge (optional)


Cut File is available via comment request. The .cut file comes in the form of a 
.zip file and includes pictures, TOU, and .cut file. Due to the time spent on this .cut file, I would greatly appreciate if you were able to DONATE a little somethin' somethin' when requesting the file.



















Thanks!






















































~*~
































This project will also be entered into the following challenges:






























* Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge #17 - Give A Hoot






































































































































































































15 comments:

  1. SUPER cute graduation card! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so beautiful! I love the colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Marlene! The owl with her little cap looks adorable!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH! I LOVe this money card! It's soooo CUTE! I may have to scraplift it! :o) TFS!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great gift card..love the tweet owl on the front of the card and the colours you used. Thanks for joining in the fun at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling! Love the BG paper and the money holder is a great idea ! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is soo cute and such a great Idea! You have an amazing talent! keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous grad card!! I ♥ that owl cut and the way you have used it here. Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Great job with the color challenge. I love the owl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute owl and a great money holder card! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marlene, you are so talented and creative! I love this creation (but then I also love all of your creations)! This little owl is adorable and I love how you used the colors! The $ pocket is the perfect touch for any grad card! Thanks for sharing this with us at My Craft Spot!
    Amber
    my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card!! Love all of the layers and details! Wow! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what an awesome card! Congrats on making the top 3 at My Craft Spot too:)Yeah!Great job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow i julst love youre creation i would love to have the file

    my adress is drobbie19@hotmail.com

    thanks

    p.s love all youre creations

    danielle

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.